LSU Dominating
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU Dominating

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 133

LSU Dominating

Wow. They didn't want to let Appalachian State come anywhere close to them today did they....31-0 in the 3rd quarter...

43-54 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 273
    Given: 810

Re: LSU Dominating

And my hatred for LSU grows - well the entire state of LA actually.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

This is no surprise. Everyone seems to forget that Michigan truly sucked last year, along with most of the Big 10. Just because App St picked off them off doesn't really mean anything anywhere else.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 623

LSU isn't afraid of the spread offense like the Big 10 is

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 839
    Given: 3,503

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    I have to go teach at LSU one day every year. Last year it was in November - the "geaux Tigers" was almost overwhelming. I go in late September this fall, so hopefully it won't have given them quite as much time to be cocky.

That being said - you can't really fault either of their programs lately.

M 7/09

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Insert your Big 10-SEC slam here.....

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 10

Florida is looking like crap against Hawaii, though they just scored. 7-0 in the 2nd Quarter.

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 273
    Given: 810

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I have to go teach at LSU one day every year. Last year it was in November - the "geaux Tigers" was almost overwhelming. I go in late September this fall, so hopefully it won't have given them quite as much time to be cocky.

That being said - you can't really fault either of their programs lately.
    Not so much their programs but being a teacher in Houston we're still hurting from all of their thugs not going home after Katrina. Now with another storm in the gulf the slime are starting to make their way over here again

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 638

That isn't fair. Most of LA is full of good people, Shreveport were great hosts. As for New Orleans, it was the worst city in America before Katrina even. I will not go into details, but my hatred for New Orleans is plentiful. Worst people anywhere. I feel safer in Tijuana. Yes that Tijuana. At least you expect things to be corrupt there.

"Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    That isn't fair. Most of LA is full of good people, Shreveport were great hosts. As for New Orleans, it was the worst city in America before Katrina even. I will not go into details, but my hatred for New Orleans is plentiful. Worst people anywhere. I feel safer in Tijuana. Yes that Tijuana. At least you expect things to be corrupt there.
    I tend to agree. NO is a complete and total dump, and it didn't take a hurricane to make it that way. I've been to a LOT of places in the US, and there aren't many places worse. I'd say Detroit isn't far off. East Chicago/Gary area is pretty horrible too. On a large scale, however, NO is by far the worst place I've ever been. It literally feels like a third world country.

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    I tend to agree. NO is a complete and total dump, and it didn't take a hurricane to make it that way. I've been to a LOT of places in the US, and there aren't many places worse. I'd say Detroit isn't far off. East Chicago/Gary area is pretty horrible too. On a large scale, however, NO is by far the worst place I've ever been. It literally feels like a third world country.
    While there are some redemptive areas/things in New Orleans (I wouldn't describe it as a total dump), I do have to agree with most of this. I travel to a lot of major cities by myself for work, and I've felt the least safe in New Orleans. I've been there about five or six times for work - it's become much worse since Katrina. Detroit and downtown Springfield, MA were probably the next down the list - I'd rather go to D.C. or NYC than to New Orleans.

M 7/09

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

While there are some redemptive areas/things in New Orleans (I wouldn't describe it as a total dump), I do have to agree with most of this. I travel to a lot of major cities by myself for work, and I've felt the least safe in New Orleans. I've been there about five or six times for work - it's become much worse since Katrina. Detroit and downtown Springfield, MA were probably the next down the list - I'd rather go to D.C. or NYC than to New Orleans.

Since we are way off the original topic here, I will go ahead and let you know that New Orleans is a prime example of what unchecked liberalism will lead to. All of these wonderful liberal policies that some of you on this thread would like to have implemented nationwide have lead to the New Orleans that many of you disparage in this thread.

Now, I personally do not feel any less safe in New Orleans than I do in any other city I have ever been in. I also happen to like New Orleans because it is one of the last remaining cities in America that is truly unique...you could go to most other cities in American and hardly be able to distinguish between them. We go to New Orleans often...however, there is a reason we chose to live in Baton Rouge vs. living in New Orleans.

Back to the original topic...I was at Tiger Stadium today and App State is a smallish but very quick team. Their coach has flat-out said their primary recruiting philosophy is to get speed...period. The reason that LSU handled them where Michigan couldn't is that LSU is a very quick (and big) team...obviously, Michigan (and the Big 10 in general) lacks overall team speed like you see at LSU (and with most SEC teams). Neither of the two QBs that LSU played today appeared to be able to throw the ball downfield...that will be a problem when SEC play starts because other teams will load the box up.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenum1 View Post
    Since we are way off the original topic here, I will go ahead and let you know that New Orleans is a prime example of what unchecked liberalism will lead to. All of these wonderful liberal policies that some of you on this thread would like to have implemented nationwide have lead to the New Orleans that many of you disparage in this thread.
    While I do appreciate the attempts to denigrate "you liberals" in any and all threads, the Politics forum is that-a-way. <<<< Last warning, or this gets moved to the Cave - I'm not even going to bother arguing the points.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenum1 View Post
    Now, I personally do not feel any less safe in New Orleans than I do in any other city I have ever been in.
    You're also not a female traveling alone, driving through the rough parts of town around the airport, staying downtown. I understand that everyone has a different experience of every city; however, there are many reasons I feel as I do in this matter. NeverLost usually misdirects me about once per time I travel - the only time I have ever been approached when stopping to ask for directions has been in New Orleans. As I said in my previous post - I think there's a lot of good to New Orleans, but it is a dangerous place.

M 7/09

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

While I do appreciate the attempts to denigrate "you liberals" in any and all threads, the Politics forum is that-a-way. <<<< Last warning, or this gets moved to the Cave - I'm not even going to bother arguing the points.

You're also not a female traveling alone, driving through the rough parts of town around the airport, staying downtown. I understand that everyone has a different experience of every city; however, there are many reasons I feel as I do in this matter. NeverLost usually misdirects me about once per time I travel - the only time I have ever been approached when stopping to ask for directions has been in New Orleans. As I said in my previous post - I think there's a lot of good to New Orleans, but it is a dangerous place.
    I'm not sure what "the cave" is but I would trust you are sending these same sort of threats to those that are posting about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina here in the "General College" section of the website?! Or only those whose points you disagree with?

I don't know what your experiences have been in New Orleans but I do know that you can get from the airport in Kenner to downtown with all but just a few short blocks of the trip in the CBD or Quarter being on the interstate.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Not so much their programs but being a teacher in Houston we're still hurting from all of their thugs not going home after Katrina. Now with another storm in the gulf the slime are starting to make their way over here again
    I completely agree, I taught in Aldine for 2 years after Katrina. The worst behaved kids I had were from N.O. They also had the lowest grades too.

After seeing the kids that came from N.O., I cannot imagine how bad the education system is in that freaking city.

Unfortunately Texas has it's school accountability screwed up in that the TAKS test (Texas' version of ITBS)is ultimately the largest factor in how much money a school gets. Depending on the school, it can also affect teacher salary as well.

The swarm of Katrina kids and the fact that the vast majority of them decided to stay in Houston factored into me coming back to Iowa to teach, and I couldn't be happier.

You can't polish a turd.