Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 0
    I don't know if anyone else heard the opening to Deace's show today, but he outlined things he thinks ISU fans should do to make the things happen that we all want to. One of his ideas was surrounding the moves made on the AM dial.

He talked about how he thought ISU fans should call in en masse to KXNO when there is open line time to essentially demand equal time for the Cyclones. I in general thought that this was a great idea...but he should have qualified it by saying:

When you call in don't respond to inflammatory crap thrown out there. There will undoubtedly be slights thrown our way, and one way to lower the number of those is to both call in continually, but call in with class and don't respond to them. When we call in we should just change the subject if that is what is going on. We're going to gain nothing and play right in to the people's hands we're worried about if we approach these shows with chips on our shoulders. Let's be aggressive instead of reactive. Let's be well-informed and talk about stuff that we're generally interested in. This will also ensure the quickest departure of Tirrell, because I haven't seen him be able to intelligently respond to a question about the Cyclones yet.

I have been very outspoken voicing my displeasure with this move...but it's time to get over that as we're one week away from the switch. If we're ****** about them hiring Hawk fans for their radio positions... do the worst thing we can think of and make them talk 'Clones ALL THE TIME.

Imagine your worst nightmare... now imagine running through U of I's 2-deeps with a bunch of Hawk fans. Let's reverse the roles.

A lot of people are excited about the big "up yours" we packaged with the billboard running south out of Cedar Rapids. We're excited about setting foot on their turf and throwing a little taunt out. Des Moines is closer to Ames, and it should be our territory. Let's own central Iowa radio.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 47
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BryceC &#064; Jun 5 2006, 02&#58;42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>.. do the worst thing we can think of and make them talk &#39;Clones ALL THE TIME.

[/b][/quote]

Wouldn&#39;t the worst thing be to not listen at all. If they don&#39;t have ratings they won&#39;t be on the radio.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BryceC &#064; Jun 5 2006, 03&#58;42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I don&#39;t know if anyone else heard the opening to Deace&#39;s show today, but he outlined things he thinks ISU fans should do to make the things happen that we all want to. One of his ideas was surrounding the moves made on the AM dial.

He talked about how he thought ISU fans should call in en masse to KXNO when there is open line time to essentially demand equal time for the Cyclones. I in general thought that this was a great idea...but he should have qualified it by saying:

When you call in don&#39;t respond to inflammatory crap thrown out there. There will undoubtedly be slights thrown our way, and one way to lower the number of those is to both call in continually, but call in with class and don&#39;t respond to them. When we call in we should just change the subject if that is what is going on. We&#39;re going to gain nothing and play right in to the people&#39;s hands we&#39;re worried about if we approach these shows with chips on our shoulders. Let&#39;s be aggressive instead of reactive. Let&#39;s be well-informed and talk about stuff that we&#39;re generally interested in. This will also ensure the quickest departure of Tirrell, because I haven&#39;t seen him be able to intelligently respond to a question about the Cyclones yet.

I have been very outspoken voicing my displeasure with this move...but it&#39;s time to get over that as we&#39;re one week away from the switch. If we&#39;re ****** about them hiring Hawk fans for their radio positions... do the worst thing we can think of and make them talk &#39;Clones ALL THE TIME.

Imagine your worst nightmare... now imagine running through U of I&#39;s 2-deeps with a bunch of Hawk fans. Let&#39;s reverse the roles.

A lot of people are excited about the big "up yours" we packaged with the billboard running south out of Cedar Rapids. We&#39;re excited about setting foot on their turf and throwing a little taunt out. Des Moines is closer to Ames, and it should be our territory. Let&#39;s own central Iowa radio.
    [/b][/quote]

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pulse &#064; Jun 5 2006, 07&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Wouldn&#39;t the worst thing be to not listen at all. If they don&#39;t have ratings they won&#39;t be on the radio.

[/b][/quote]

yes, but when they realize that the cyclone fans dont listen then they go to taliking about hte hawks non-stop, and as soon as that happens then the hawk fans become there new listeners and their ratings go back back up. Would you rather make a hawk fan talk about how good the clones are or how "good" the hawks are no matter how good or bad they may be at doing it?

God Bless America