Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 592,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,918
    Points
    592,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 995
    Given: 83

    Another reason to avoid steriods

    as if there weren't enough already.

    Graphic Evidence Against Steroid Abuse | Wired Science from Wired.com

    possibly not for the weak stomached.


    They should show this to athletes at every level of competition.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 80,699, Level: 88
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,251
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,323
    Points
    80,699
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 12

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    It looks like he got shot in the chest a couple times with bird shot shells.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 113,081, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,747
    Points
    113,081
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 55

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    I'm calling BS on this - you can't lose that much muscle in 2 months. Probobly not even the same guy. The middle pic doen't look authentic, either.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 335,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,730
    Points
    335,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    I'm calling BS on this - you can't lose that much muscle in 2 months. Probobly not even the same guy. The middle pic doen't look authentic, either.
    Don't agree. Certain things about each photo are identical.



  5. #5
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 592,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,918
    Points
    592,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 995
    Given: 83

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    I'm calling BS on this - you can't lose that much muscle in 2 months. Probobly not even the same guy. The middle pic doen't look authentic, either.

    The two month period they are talking about is between pictures B and C. Picture A is simply an example of the man at "peak" physical condition.

    But hey, you're probably right. Steroids are great. We should pass them out like candy.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 335,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,730
    Points
    335,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by jdewaard View Post
    But hey, you're probably right. Steroids are great. We should pass them out like candy.
    That's odd, I didn't see where he typed that.



  7. #7
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 592,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,918
    Points
    592,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 995
    Given: 83

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    That's odd, I didn't see where he typed that.

    ex·trap·o·late Audio Help/ɪkˈstræpəˌleɪt/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ik-strap-uh-leyt]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationverb, -lat·ed, -lat·ing.
    –verb (used with object) 1.to infer (an unknown) from something that is known; conjecture. 2.Statistics. to estimate (the value of a variable) outside the tabulated or observed range. 3.Mathematics. to estimate (a function that is known over a range of values of its independent variable) to values outside the known range. –verb (used without object) 4.to perform extrapolation.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 335,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,730
    Points
    335,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Or...




  9. #9
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 592,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,918
    Points
    592,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 995
    Given: 83

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Or...



    You say tomato...

    All in the name of good discourse.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,208, Level: 67
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    DJK15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,702
    Points
    47,208
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Good lord, that scarring can't be from just the acne can it? It looks like he was picking at them like crazy and that caused the scarring. Either way it's absolutely disgusting.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 335,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,730
    Points
    335,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by jdewaard View Post
    You say tomato...

    All in the name of good discourse.
    Tomatoes are yummy. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15 View Post
    Good lord, that scarring can't be from just the acne can it? It looks like he was picking at them like crazy and that caused the scarring. Either way it's absolutely disgusting.
    Not to mention the other side-effects he encountered. No idea why people would do that to their bodies.

    Had a HS teacher that often said "You can pay me now or pay me later". Frequent reminded us that paying now came without often painful interest.

    The steroid users have chosen to pay later and boy, many of them do pay dearly down the road - as this guy is now.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 55,625, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,425
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    uro cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,334
    Points
    55,625
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 48

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    I'm calling BS on this - you can't lose that much muscle in 2 months. Probobly not even the same guy. The middle pic doen't look authentic, either.
    This was published in the Lancet, of the the leading European medical journals, not the Weekly World News.

    I think its a relatively same bet that the physicians who submitted the article were not doing so if they could pass off some fakes. That type of stuff generally isn't good for one's career



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 113,081, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,747
    Points
    113,081
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 55

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by jdewaard View Post
    The two month period they are talking about is between pictures B and C. Picture A is simply an example of the man at "peak" physical condition.

    But hey, you're probably right. Steroids are great. We should pass them out like candy.
    Read the article: "Two months later the acne was gone; so was the muscle."



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 55,625, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,425
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    uro cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,334
    Points
    55,625
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 48

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    Read the article: "Two months later the acne was gone; so was the muscle."
    ...and the testicles are still gone...



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 335,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,730
    Points
    335,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Another reason to avoid steriods

    Well the upside is, it looks like he's got a hairless chest for the rest of his life and he's a walking connect-the-dots game.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM