Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 80,658, Level: 88
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,316
    Points
    80,658
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 11

    CFN SDSU Prediction

    "This has the potential to be a closer, tougher opening day matchup than Iowa State might like."

    Scout.com: Big 12 Fearless Predictions, Aug. 30



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 27,530, Level: 50
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ahaselhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boone, IA
    Posts
    1,773
    Points
    27,530
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 18

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    About what I expect as well. Hope I'm wrong and its a blowout!



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 118,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    balken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,643
    Points
    118,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    ...former wide receiver Patrick Bates will rotate in...
    I'm looking forward to seeing this Patrick Bates that CFN is so excited about.



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 6,943, Level: 24
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BuzzBuzzBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AMES
    Posts
    169
    Points
    6,943
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    This is obviously misinformation, as everyone expects their defensive line to dominate our OL. Clearly CFN needs to do a little more research...



    <Sarcasm for trolls>



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 80,658, Level: 88
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,316
    Points
    80,658
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 11

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by balken View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing this Patrick Bates that CFN is so excited about.
    Ha. My dyslexia did not pick up on that one the first time I read it.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,161, Level: 62
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,585
    Points
    41,161
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    31-14 Good guys. Only reason its closer will be due to the lack of experience, turnovers and vanilla offense.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 98,397, Level: 97
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,800
    Points
    98,397
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 28

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by balken View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing this Patrick Bates that CFN is so excited about.


    Professional Photographers of Louisiana

    I think we have a gamer on our hands, folks.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 42,752, Level: 63
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    Points
    42,752
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 19

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by RyCy04 View Post
    "This has the potential to be a closer, tougher opening day matchup than Iowa State might like."

    Scout.com: Big 12 Fearless Predictions, Aug. 30
    Am I naive in thinking that our offense may actually be pretty good this year? Nobody else seems to think so. I think our o-line will be solid. Our receiving corps may be very good, and I have a lot of confidence in our running game. If Arnaud can avoid turnovers, I think we can put up a lot of points.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 178,666, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,632
    Points
    178,666
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 325

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by RyCy04 View Post
    "This has the potential to be a closer, tougher opening day matchup than Iowa State might like."

    Scout.com: Big 12 Fearless Predictions, Aug. 30
    Yes, and it also has the potential to be an immense blowout. That's what potential is. And guess which one is more likely?



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 98,397, Level: 97
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,800
    Points
    98,397
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 28

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnhicks03 View Post
    Am I naive in thinking that our offense may actually be pretty good this year? Nobody else seems to think so. I think our o-line will be solid. Our receiving corps may be very good, and I have a lot of confidence in our running game. If Arnaud can avoid turnovers, I think we can put up a lot of points.
    I don't think anyone in the media wants to embarrass themselves by predicting that our offense will be good, and then have it turn out that we can only score 15-20 points a game (like the last 2 years).

    Also, if you were an outsider writing an article about our offense, you don't really have a solid basis that our offense will be good this year. They haven't proven anything. It's easy for us to sip (or chug) the kool-aid, but writers don't have that luxury, unless they're talking about Missouri (apparently).

    Also, most writers and "experts" are just terrible, and make only a cursory glance at the roster, read a few local newspaper articles, and then make their "predictions." It's the kind of malaise that the evil possess and the sane lament.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 210,257, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,136
    Points
    210,257
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 418
    Given: 210

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    I don't think anyone in the media wants to embarrass themselves by predicting that our offense will be good, and then have it turn out that we can only score 15-20 points a game (like the last 2 years).

    Also, if you were an outsider writing an article about our offense, you don't really have a solid basis that our offense will be good this year. They haven't proven anything. It's easy for us to sip (or chug) the kool-aid, but writers don't have that luxury, unless they're talking about Missouri (apparently).

    Also, most writers and "experts" are just terrible, and make only a cursory glance at the roster, read a few local newspaper articles, and then make their "predictions." It's the kind of malaise that the evil possess and the sane lament.
    Yeah. Our offense has been mediocre to terrible ever since Seneca was our QB. From the outside looking in, with our recent history and a new QB and young team overall, our O isn't going to get much credit.

    Personally though, I think most of these places overrate the loss of Meyer. I'm pumped to see someone new at QB, and I expect with some experience we will have a better QB than Meyer was soon. If neither of these guys can play at a level higher than Meyer when they are upperclassment, it will be time to find a new QB.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 85,395, Level: 90
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Ciclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    2,915
    Points
    85,395
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 97

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    I think Brian Collins stepped in and wrote this section:

    The Iowa State quarterback battle lasted throughout the summer, and it ended with Austen Arnaud, as expected, getting the starting spot. However, former wide receiver Patrick Bates will rotate in to get his speed and athleticism on the field. This wasn't a contentious situation with each getting a shot to shine. Even so, Arnaud has shine early one to show that the offense is his, while Bates will be a change of pace.




  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Here is my prediction. If we don't win this game by 21+ this board will be in mild meltdown by 10:30pm Thursday night.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 185,193, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,311
    Points
    185,193
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 246

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclone View Post
    I think Brian Collins stepped in and wrote this section:

    The Iowa State quarterback battle lasted throughout the summer, and it ended with Austen Arnaud, as expected, getting the starting spot. However, former wide receiver Patrick Bates will rotate in to get his speed and athleticism on the field. This wasn't a contentious situation with each getting a shot to shine. Even so, Arnaud has shine early one to show that the offense is his, while Bates will be a change of pace.


    "He passes the ball to the man and BOOM goes the dynamite."



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 82,670, Level: 89
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    82,670
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: CFN SDSU Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by cys_av8r View Post
    Here is my prediction. If we don't win this game by 21+ this board will be in mild meltdown by 10:30pm Thursday night.

    i don't think you are too far off here, but i don't think it will have to be 21+. i'm guessing closer to 14+ and anything under that will be mild meltdown. 28+ and the kool-aid will be flowing. a loss and i would be willing to bet over half the registered users here will shoot themselves in the head.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM