Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

Big XII Predictions

Here are my way-too-early Big XII predictions, I will probably flesh them out more tomorrow, but I got my excel spreadsheet up and running for this season, and this is how the teams filter out for me so far:

North:
    1) Missouri 11-1 (7-1)
    2) Kansas 8-4 (5-3)
    3) Nebraska 6-6 (3-5)
    4) Iowa State 6-6 (3-5)
    5) Colorado 4-8 (2-6)
    6) Kansas St 5-7 (2-6)

South:
    1) Oklahoma 12-0 (8-0)
    2) Texas Tech 10-2 (6-2)
    3) Texas 9-3 (5-3)
    4) Oklahoma State 8-4 (4-4)
    5) Texas A&M 6-6 (2-6)
    6) Baylor 3-9 (1-7)

Feel free to share your own. One week 'til game day!

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Re: Big XII Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    North:
    1) Missouri 11-1 (7-1)
    2) Kansas 8-4 (5-3)
    3) Nebraska 6-6 (3-5)
    4) Iowa State 6-6 (3-5)
    5) Colorado 4-8 (2-6)
    6) Kansas St 5-7 (2-6)

South:
    1) Oklahoma 12-0 (8-0)
    2) Texas Tech 10-2 (6-2)
    3) Texas 9-3 (5-3)
    4) Oklahoma State 8-4 (4-4)
    5) Texas A&M 6-6 (2-6)
    6) Baylor 3-9 (1-7)

Feel free to share your own. One week 'til game day!
    Where is Baylor going to get that win from? Also, I don't know why everyone thinks that Colorado is going to do poorly. They are returning allot of starters from a 6-6 season- and they had one of the best recruiting classes in the nation last year. If you switch Nebraska and Colorado, your dead on. Nebraska is in the same boat that ISU was in last year and Colorado the year before.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    Where is Baylor going to get that win from? Also, I don't know why everyone thinks that Colorado is going to do poorly. They are returning allot of starters from a 6-6 season- and they had one of the best recruiting classes in the nation last year. If you switch Nebraska and Colorado, your dead on. Nebraska is in the same boat that ISU was in last year and Colorado the year before.
    You make a good point, but Colorado's schedule is brutal. I will probably have to go back and revise it.

And Baylor gets their conference win from a beat up, struggling A&M team.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

You may be right about the Baylor win, but that is the only way I could see Baylor winning a conference game. Can't rule out the upsets.

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 997
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3

I'd expect to be favorites against the clones. unless ya'll start out at least 4-1 and us 1-4.

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 80

Quote Originally Posted by baylrballa View Post
    I'd expect to be favorites against the clones. unless ya'll start out at least 4-1 and us 1-4.
    You may be right about being favorites, but I would be surprised if we lost that game, unless you are VASTLY improved this year (I have to admit to not knowing much about Baylor). The closest conference game Baylor had last year was a 43-23 loss at home to Colorado. We were at least showing signs of life by the end of the year.

That said, I do think it will be close, but I expect we'll win.

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 997
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by ahaselhu View Post
    You may be right about being favorites, but I would be surprised if we lost that game, unless you are VASTLY improved this year (I have to admit to not knowing much about Baylor). The closest conference game Baylor had last year was a 43-23 loss at home to Colorado. We were at least showing signs of life by the end of the year.

i don't disagree with that. I have very low expectations this year.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

North:

Mizzou - head and shoulders better than most in the league
    NU - great offense + a top 50 defense = a trip to the Holiday or Alamo Bowl
    CU - return alot of talent; could be a sleeper
    KU - brutual schedule, will still be good, but I see 7-5 or 8-4
    ISU - playing better towards the end of last year and they get AtM, Baylor, and Okie St from the south, could get 6 wins with an outside shot at a bowl.
    KSU - laughing stock

South:

OU - loaded on both sides of the ball
    Texas - I'd be curious to see what Will Muschamp does with the defense
    Tech - 8 or 9 starters return to a defense that was 3rd best in the Big 12 last year
    Okie St - don't know much about the 'Pokes
    AtM - could be a long season; spread style QB in an offense going to pro style
    Baylor - With Briles as a coach, could be a team on the rise in coming years

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ahaselhu View Post

I think the Baylor game will be a good barometer on where this team is headed. It will be our first conference road game of the season, and I think it's must-win if we want to be a .500 team this year like a lot of people here seem to think we'll be.

Virtually any other team in the conference would be expected to win at Baylor, but many people outside of ISU fans are predicting a loss for us and I think with good reason. We've done nothing in recent years to show that we can win a conference road game, but I expect that to change. If it doesn't change this year, we might have a longer road to recovery than many people here seem to think.

Last edited by dustinal; 08-22-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 14

I know you are a nebraska fan and all garn but seriously?

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    North:

Mizzou - head and shoulders better than most in the league
    CU - return alot of talent; could be a sleeper
    KU - brutual schedule, will still be good, but I see 7-5 or 8-4
    ISU - playing better towards the end of last year and they get AtM, Baylor, and Okie St from the south, could get 6 wins with an outside shot at a bowl.
    KSU - laughing stock

South:

OU - loaded on both sides of the ball
    Texas - I'd be curious to see what Will Muschamp does with the defense
    Tech - 8 or 9 starters return to a defense that was 3rd best in the Big 12 last year
    Okie St - don't know much about the 'Pokes
    AtM - could be a long season; spread style QB in an offense going to pro style
    Baylor - With Briles as a coach, could be a team on the rise in coming years

I really don;t understand how you put Nebraska at second in the North Personally i see nebraska winning 4-5 games. i just don;t know how good their defense can be after losing a few players from their already horrible secondary. MAYBE the guys replacing them are better, but i doubt it. I also don;t understand the statement "Great Offense" who is "great" on that offense??? you could really only say Marlon Lucky. My perdiction on Joe ganz is that Nebraska might be wishing they had Hawkeye QB Jake Christiansen by the end of the year. With that said here are my perdictions:

NORTH:
    1: Mizz- i think that the tigers win the Big XII championship this year. with a heisman calibur QB and returning all but 2 starters (or something close to that) i don;t see them losing.

2:Colorado: I know some people are counting these guys out but with a good recruiting class last year and returnig majority of starters i think they have potential. these guys could just as easily plumit to the 4th or 5th spot if they don;t watch their back

3: Iowa State: I think Iowa state suprises ALOT of people and Gene Chizik shows his coaching ability and ISU fans are all finally on the same side of the fense of the firing McCarney arguement. i do worry about the D-line and linebackers a little but the Secondary has potential to be the strong point of the team. I think the O-line will be much improved and with Bret Meyer gone the team is already one step higher than last year

4: Kansas: i know people might think I'm crazy but i just have a really really big gut feeling that KU was a one year wonder team kinda like ISU's Humanitarian.com bowl team... if you can even call that year a success.

5: Tie: K-State and Nebraska: i already explained Nebraska but as far as K-state goes i don't know how reliable freeman is going to be under center. without Jordy Nelson to throw to i just don't see this as the Wildcats year. i don;t know much about their Defense so maybe it is really good and if that is the case i could possibly see them in the 4 spot. it will be a battle between NU and KSU for the bottom of the barrel in the north.

South: I dont know much in depth stuff about the south so i am going to sit this play out

so that is how i think that is how the north is going to shape up... feel free to criticize.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,335
    Given: 935

Quote Originally Posted by cyman1189 View Post
    I really don;t understand how you put Nebraska at second in the North Personally i see nebraska winning 4-5 games. i just don;t know how good their defense can be after losing a few players from their already horrible secondary. MAYBE the guys replacing them are better, but i doubt it. I also don;t understand the statement "Great Offense" who is "great" on that offense??? you could really only say Marlon Lucky. My perdiction on Joe ganz is that Nebraska might be wishing they had Hawkeye QB Jake Christiansen by the end of the year. With that said here are my perdictions:

NORTH:
    1: Mizz- i think that the tigers win the Big XII championship this year. with a heisman calibur QB and returning all but 2 starters (or something close to that) i don;t see them losing.

2:Colorado: I know some people are counting these guys out but with a good recruiting class last year and returnig majority of starters i think they have potential. these guys could just as easily plumit to the 4th or 5th spot if they don;t watch their back

3: Iowa State: I think Iowa state suprises ALOT of people and Gene Chizik shows his coaching ability and ISU fans are all finally on the same side of the fense of the firing McCarney arguement. i do worry about the D-line and linebackers a little but the Secondary has potential to be the strong point of the team. I think the O-line will be much improved and with Bret Meyer gone the team is already one step higher than last year

4: Kansas: i know people might think I'm crazy but i just have a really really big gut feeling that KU was a one year wonder team kinda like ISU's Humanitarian.com bowl team... if you can even call that year a success.

5: Tie: K-State and Nebraska: i already explained Nebraska but as far as K-state goes i don't know how reliable freeman is going to be under center. without Jordy Nelson to throw to i just don't see this as the Wildcats year. i don;t know much about their Defense so maybe it is really good and if that is the case i could possibly see them in the 4 spot. it will be a battle between NU and KSU for the bottom of the barrel in the north.

South: I dont know much in depth stuff about the south so i am going to sit this play out

so that is how i think that is how the north is going to shape up... feel free to criticize.
    I don't see how you call another fan out for being completely drunk on Kool-aid when you're pretty intoxicated yourself. Third? Yeah, methinks we're going to surprise a lot of people as well, but I'd say 3rd is pushing it, especially when you just got done ripping someone else for picking second.

Anyway, my picks:

1. Mizzou
    2. Kansas
    3. Colorado
    4. Nebraska
    5. Iowa State
    6. Kansas State

1. Texas Tech (gonna go out on a limb and say this is their year)
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Texas
    4. Oklahoma St
    5. Texas A&M
    6. Baylor

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post

I know you are a nebraska fan and all garn but seriously?
    I've long thought that just an average defense in 2008 is good for an additional 3 wins from last year's win total. I've got NU going 9-3 losing only to OU, TT, and Missouri.

I could explain why I feel the way I do, but i'm sure you guy's don't want me to ramble on and on and on.

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    I don't see how you call another fan out for being completely drunk on Kool-aid when you're pretty intoxicated yourself. Third? Yeah, methinks we're going to surprise a lot of people as well, but I'd say 3rd is pushing it, especially when you just got done ripping someone else for picking second.

Anyway, my picks:

1. Mizzou
    2. Kansas
    3. Colorado
    4. Nebraska
    5. Iowa State
    6. Kansas State

1. Texas Tech (gonna go out on a limb and say this is their year)
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Texas
    4. Oklahoma St
    5. Texas A&M
    6. Baylor

I'm not ripping first off, I'm telling like it is. And the only way ISU gets to 3rd is if Kansas has a bad year. If Kansas does well then they take third and ISU fourth. Also i think you might be on your own Kool-Aid for picking Tech to take the south

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    I've long thought that just an average defense in 2008 is good for an additional 3 wins from last year's win total. I've got NU going 9-3 losing only to OU, TT, and Missouri.

I could explain why I feel the way I do, but i'm sure you guy's don't want me to ramble on and on and on.

NU will be 3-3 when they visit Ames and I feel pretty good about ISU's chances against them. At best NU is a 7-5 team with .500 much more likely. I can easily see ISU, CU and NU all being 4-4 in the conference - hence the tie - with CU going 2-2 and ISU and NU going 3-1 before conference games.

My picks:

1. Mizzou
    2. Kansas
    3. Iowa State
    3. Nebraska
    5. Colorado
    6. Kansas State

1. Oklahoma
    2. Texas Tech
    3. Texas
    4. Oklahoma St
    5. Texas A&M