Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 291
    I havn't seen anyone talking about this game and quite frankly I'm a bit surprised. We play a very good above average perennial bowl team in Toledo for our first game. Last year these guys averaged right around 35 ppg and even put up 62 and 56 in their first two games of the season last year. I know the competition sucked but there was no way we could have put up 62 on ANYONE(see Army game-worst defense in the country) last year. This team scores a lot of points and I will be happy with any kind of victory. If we come out like we did last season against Illinois State we lose easily. Thoughts?

I sure hope the offense comes out roaring this fall.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Agreed - Toledo will be a tough first game. I don't know the specifics off hand, but someone had posted (several weeks ago) that they lost a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball from last year. My concern is less with the other team, whether that be Illinois State, Toledo, or whoever and more with how ISU shows up to play. As you stated, we played very flat against Illinois State last year and a more talented team could/would take advantage of that.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Good point. I too believe this game (among others) should be of concern to the 'Clones. There will be no easing into the season with this game. Granted, the offense needs to come out ready to roll, but the defense obviously needs to be ready for a quality offense. (I hope the "experienced" ISU offense does a good job of preparing the D in preseason drills/scrimmages.)

If we can come out and play like we did in the opener a couple of years ago vs. UNI, I'll have a much better feeling about the season...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    I'm one of those fans that just hopes ISU makes it through this game with a win. If we come out and they get the ball first and really sting the defense, I think it could be a long, dangerous game. I would love to get the ball first and have the offense put some points on the board to take some pressure off of the very young defense playing against a potent offensive team.

They have lost some starters on offense, but the coaching staff there have done a good job getting players ready to play. They put up good numbers before the graduated quarterback (Gradkowski? I can never remember how to spell the guy's name) was there too. It will be a tough, hard fought game, and I think it will be an excellent guage to see how we'll fair the rest of the season.

Kudos to the staff for getting a tough non-conference opponent besides Iowa as well.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10
    This will not be a tough hard fought game. If it is, we are in for a very, very long season of about 3-4 wins. I know all about Toledo and if we don't win by a couple of touchdowns then it will be very telling as to how the rest of the season will go. I'm not buying into the "prepare for the worst" to protect myself from potential disappointment of losing the game or having it be close. If we don't win farily easily I won't be looking forward to the rest of the season. Just winning the game is not good enough.

Walk On
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Architect,

Good post. I too agree with you. I have respect for Toledo as I'm sure they have respect for us. This will be a very exciting football game. The MAC has produced some talented teams over the years. Northern Illinois, Miami(OH) and Western Michigan to name a few. If I remember right, W. Michigan either beat or almost beat Iowa in kinnick awhile ago.

I've heard ESPN has been looking at this game for their Thursday night coverage. Can anyone confirm if they have picked it up for sure? Man I hope it is televised. This has all the ingredients for one of their crazy Thursday night games.... Even though I hope we win by 30+

Drews79

All-Star
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3
    You guys are giving Toledo too much credit. Gradkowski was possibly one of the five best senior QB's last year, he made that team run. Breaking in a new QB against our attacking (yeah i know it's somewhat depleted) and quick defense is not ideal. We win 42-17.

Rookie
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    I agree that we had better win this one easily! If we are a top of the line, Big 12 north contender, we can not allow Toledo to be in this game. If we don't win by 20 plus, we are in for a disappointing season.

DM should be able to motivate his team.

Go clones!

Walk On
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I imagine the spread will be in the neighborhood of 14 points for this game, and if ISU doesn't beat that spread then I'll be nervous. This team really needs to get away from the up and down play of the last couple of years.