Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Anyone else see Barney?

When the offense was off the field, he had them sit in a circle and was ACTUALLY coaching. Looked like what a team usually does, and to a football fan outside of Iowa State might think nothing of it. But can you name another time in which he had them sit in a circle, with him in the middle, and he was coaching? I sure can't, because I used to question it every game. Looks like somebody was interviewing for there next job maybe?

Addict
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Re: Anyone else see Barney?

I strongly disagree. I respect what your saying and understand why, but I remember seeing him in the kansas game just kneeling in the circle, head bowed down, trying to understand what was going wrong. Hell, he got really upset with schmelling or stephenson, cant remember which. This guy cares, and tried, just couldnt get anything to work.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I have been to every home game and watched the sidelines and we have some players on one side and some players on another. And where is Cotton? He may be talking to some players but not like today. Today the whole offense was around him and listening. Much different. I just never understood why we never did this before. If you look at a lot of other teams, the QB is on the phone talking to a coach and everyone is getting coached by another coach

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

For a second I thought I was seeing a clone of myself as "Seneca4MVP" is my username at NFL related sites.

Random post, sorry.

Passing: 124/273, 1560 yds, 8 TDs
    Rushing: 441 yds, 3 TDs
    Receiving: 98 Rec, 1106 yds, 3 TDs

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

I'm sure Mr. Cotton is quite an asset as a coaching assistant... But the next time I see a Barney on our sidelines, it better be a big purple dinosaur. Best of luck to McCarney's staff.

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

He did the same thing at the Texas Tech game. The players in a circle sitting down and Barney was in the middle talking primarily to the O line.

Addict
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by seneca4MVP View Post
    I have been to every home game and watched the sidelines and we have some players on one side and some players on another. And where is Cotton? He may be talking to some players but not like today. Today the whole offense was around him and listening. Much different. I just never understood why we never did this before. If you look at a lot of other teams, the QB is on the phone talking to a coach and everyone is getting coached by another coach
    Might just be a different way or wording your previous statement, but i agree with you more on this one. There were times that i thought the same thing. "Where is the whole offense?" "Are they done talking already"

Today did seem to have a different vibe, but so did the whole game. For whatever strange reason, they played today like i think everyone thought they would all year. Instead of maybe giving up like at Kansas, they kept pushing. Great work.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks