Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

Hewlett Packard laptop problems??

So I got a DV9000 HP laptop a little over a year ago and it has just been the worse laptop I have ever had. It seems to be one thing after another that goes wrong with it.

The first thing was 2 weeks before the 1 year warranty was up the wireless went out of it and so I took it to best buy and the motherboard was bad in the computer so I had them ship it off and get it repaired. Well I got the computer back and the wireless then worked. But with this laptop it has the numeric keypad off to the side of the keyboard. Well now everytime I want to type numbers the numlock has to be on. But if I leave the numlock on when I go to type it types numbers on some of the letters. I know this is the instance with laptops that just have the keyboard and to type the numbers you have to hold hte fn button. It's real frustrating and HP doesn't know what the problem is.

The second thing is where I plug in my adapter to charge my laptop. The adapter is bent and so I have to pry the adapter up so it will charge my computer. I have talked to 4 people with the same laptop and they have all had this same problem.

The third thing is it has 2 hinges that holds up the screen. Well just off to the left one where the laptop lock thing is if you want to lock it down it has come apart and I can see behind my screen. It won't fold all the way down without cracking and snapping the whole time. It's the biggest piece of crap computer I have had ever!

Does anyone else have a HP computer and have these problems? It's so frustrating as it seems like something else goes wrong every other month.

If you are looking into buying a laptop I strongly encourage you to NOT buy a HP as it is just horrible and seems to never work correctly. Venting overwith.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 369

Re: Hewlett Packard laptop problems??

Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    So I got a DV9000 HP laptop a little over a year ago and it has just been the worse laptop I have ever had. It seems to be one thing after another that goes wrong with it.

The first thing was 2 weeks before the 1 year warranty was up the wireless went out of it and so I took it to best buy and the motherboard was bad in the computer so I had them ship it off and get it repaired. Well I got the computer back and the wireless then worked. But with this laptop it has the numeric keypad off to the side of the keyboard. Well now everytime I want to type numbers the numlock has to be on. But if I leave the numlock on when I go to type it types numbers on some of the letters. I know this is the instance with laptops that just have the keyboard and to type the numbers you have to hold hte fn button. It's real frustrating and HP doesn't know what the problem is.

The second thing is where I plug in my adapter to charge my laptop. The adapter is bent and so I have to pry the adapter up so it will charge my computer. I have talked to 4 people with the same laptop and they have all had this same problem.

The third thing is it has 2 hinges that holds up the screen. Well just off to the left one where the laptop lock thing is if you want to lock it down it has come apart and I can see behind my screen. It won't fold all the way down without cracking and snapping the whole time. It's the biggest piece of crap computer I have had ever!

Does anyone else have a HP computer and have these problems? It's so frustrating as it seems like something else goes wrong every other month.

If you are looking into buying a laptop I strongly encourage you to NOT buy a HP as it is just horrible and seems to never work correctly. Venting overwith.
    I've had my DV9000 series for a couple of months now with no problems. Not saying they won't develop, just haven't had any so far.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 27

i'm on my 2nd hp laptop and love it .... haven't had any problems except for my batt life has started to diminish (2 yrs old) .... but sorry to hear about your bad luck ...

Last edited by StormnClone58; 08-18-2008 at 12:25 PM.
    Winners' Never Quit and Quitters' Never Win

Speechless
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 460
    Given: 399

I just bought an HP due to the fact that people I know love theirs. Was going to buy a Dell but heard the opposite. Sounds like a crapshoot.

cyclONEnation
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 41

We've had our 9000 series for 5 months or there about and I've had zero issues with it. Sorry to hear you've had some issues with yours.

Legend
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 398
    Given: 194

Maybe you just got a laptop that was dropped a few times in the factory or store and they put it on the shelf anyways... I have always had computer problems, so I'm used to it by now.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 107

Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post

There's a class-action lawsuit against HP for the defective power adapter and something about the screen. I can't remember the details but I'm sure you can find out more via Google.

Pro
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 80

I've got a HP Pvillion dv6000 and I've been very happy with it but I've only had it 2 months.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 310

They all have their issues. I had a complete lemon with my first Dell laptop. But have had many champs since. Sometimes all it takes is one short in a system and all of the things connected will fritz in no particular order. Sounds like you got a lemon.