Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Exclamation OK, SE Polk #2

3:45 rolled around and I was headed out the door. No more work my friend, my weekend has began. On my way to my buddies house, I realized I forgot directions to where we were going(had no reason to ever go up there, so I didnt know where to go). So I had to turn around, head BACK to work, and get those printed off. Not exactly what I had in mind when I left in first place.

Well I finally made it to my buddies house, to only find out they didnt like the instructions that Mapquest printed off, and we werent going to use them. So I am glad I am here to help. But no matter what way we were going, we finally got on the road about 4:30. Not to bad considering the delays, and the slow pokes I am friends with. I'll be proven wrong on that later.

So they decided to run through Marshalltown and get a bite to eat, and then head off from there. We all decided that McD's was the place to go, but that ended up being packed. So we ended up at Arby's. Now this has an importance and here is why.

The one game of the season that all of us went to for SE Polk was Dowling. Before the game we stopped at Arby's for some food and headed to the game. Lets just say we ended up losing that game. So to be accused of no such crime, the blame was put on me, and was very well reminded of this go round. "If we lose this one, like last one, its your fault" Coincedance(?), I think so. Oh and no bad rep for Arby's because I love that place, but I asked for no sauce on my sandwhich and the guy marked down no Ranch dressing. Now I usually get the #7(chicken, bacon, and swiss with honey mustard). So when I got the sandwhich, it still had the mustard on it. Why no ranch, when you dont even put ranch on it in the first place?

We did meet some nice people that were headed to the game as well. We ended up just following them out of town, and a little ways up to the game. UNTIL!

My buddy gets a call from his dad who is also headed up to the game saying that he has heard word that the game was sold out. WHAT! A highschool game being sold out. So all of us are in a mad scarmble to find out if there is any truth to it or all just a crazy rumor. Unfortunately we were smack dab in the middle of nowhere and none of us could get phone reception. Well to say the least we finally found out there were still tickets and the game is on.

Well we finally made it to Ceder Falls and got off on the exit. 3 miles or so to go and we are there. It is pushing 6:45 so we thought we had plenty of time. But I forgot to mention the bumper to bumper traffic for all three of those miles. I keep telling them to just pull over, park, and walk the rest of the way, but no.(and I am now glad we didnt). 45 min. later we finally got within a half mile of the stadium and ran the rest of the way. This is where I found out they are not as slow as I thought. I got two blisters on my feet to prove it.

Luckily the tip off was delayed, so by running, we walked in as the National Anthem was being sung. Lets just say, I have never heard a sweeter sound. Not only hats of to our vetrans, but hats off for making it.

Now you could be thinking, when is he going to talk about the game. Well I could wrap that up so quickly, I couldnt get an article out if it. So here goes my game wrap up.

We scored ONCE, missed the extra point, and fumbled three times. Its hard to write about anything else, when thats all we did. It felt like an ISU game all over again. Oh, and the other team maybe passed 6 times the whole game, yet we still coudlnt stop them.

This I will say though about SE Polk. This team has done something that no other men's team has done in school hsitory. They have brought towns together to bring maybe one of the biggest crowds to a packed stadium. And most importantly, they help raise money for a unfortunate individual who may be the biggest Rams fan there is. This team may not have won on the gridiron, but they won were I think all would agree is most important, in the hearts of all fans, alum, faculity, and family of Southeast Polk High School.

You may say hats off to me, but I say hats off to you. Congrats Rams on the most memorable season is school history.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Re: OK, SE Polk #2

fun recap, thanks for sharing! :)

**Not every life is perfect, but every life is precious. Support Rescue.**
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/nebraskabostonterrierrescue.html

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Dude - you are talking about a high school team on CF. Time to graduate and move on. If I wrote about all of Ankeny's state championships (not second place) it would take years.

Amy - please tell me you didn't give rep points to him.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    Dude - you are talking about a high school team on CF. Time to graduate and move on. If I wrote about all of Ankeny's state championships (not second place) it would take years.

Amy - please tell me you didn't give rep points to him.
    dude, it doesn't matter. he's just sharing. and really, i can give my rep points if i want...mine to distribute as i see fit. if you don't want to read it, then don't click on the thread. your choice.

**Not every life is perfect, but every life is precious. Support Rescue.**
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/nebraskabostonterrierrescue.html

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Excuse me for caring about my team, But thats why this is in Off topic. and exactly, you clicked to read so thats your fault.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Just messing with both of you:)