Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

Harbaugh interviews for Iowa State job

Harbaugh interviews for Iowa State job

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF REPORT
    November 17, 2006
    From Thursday's U-T:
    USD head football coach Jim Harbaugh has interviewed for the head coaching job at Iowa State to replace Dan McCarney, who resigned earlier this month.

Associated Press
    USD football coach Jim Harbaugh, shown here with quarterback Josh Johnson, has talked to Iowa State officials about the coaching vacancy there.
    Sources said relations between Harbaugh and the Big 12 Conference school heated up in recent days. It is believed the Cyclones also interviewed Nebraska offensive coordinator Jay Norvell, a former colleague of Harbaugh's on the staff of the Oakland Raiders. Harbaugh's contract with USD prevents him from publicly commenting on job openings with other schools. His non-scholarship Toreros have won 18 straight games and will learn Sunday if they've become the first non-scholarship team to earn a berth in the Division I-AA playoffs. BRENT SCHROTENBOER

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 265

Re: Harbaugh interviews for Iowa State job

Taken from the Jungle interview board:
    JP: Hello, Jim. Are you interested in Clone vacancy as HC?
    Jim: Yep. I have a winning streak going and I am working my way back from the west coast.
    JP: Can you recruit? Do you know how to close?
    Jim: Yep. I casn bring about 10 of my non scholly boys. That plus the current crop of six McC recruits and we are ready to roll. I like that Bates kid on rivals.
    JP: Will you take the job?
    Jim: Yep. Cut the papers.
    JP: How much money?
    Jim: More than McC.
    JP: How soon can we strike up the band and be on TV?
    Jim: Make it end of Nov or early dec on Monday. I need some time to recruit my boys.
    JP: What about amenities?
    Jim: I need a parking garage for my Harley. I need a good housekeeper. Get to keep my frequent travel miles for personal use. And fly me in some fresh fish every week. And a large snowblower. Rent me the WM house starting in Jan.
    JP: What about staff?
    Jim: I recently went to the coaches chat room. I plan on Jay Norvell for offensive coordinator, Bo Pelini defensive coordinator, Steve Loney running backs, Mark Farley linebackers, Ditka for tight ends ( and I do mean TEs)and four others from my current SDU staff.
    JP: Deal or No Deal?
    Jim: Deal, just let me pick the cheerleaders. And Cy? He needs to be bigger. Keep that stud strength coach also.
    JP: Glad to have you on board?
    Jim: Just book me some recruiting trips for Texas and Oklahoma and Vegas and Hawaii. I do my best recruiting in the better places. Mark will handle Iowa.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.