Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 80,785, Level: 88
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jumbopackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,465
    Points
    80,785
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

    Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    "Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

  2. #2
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 285,449, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,710
    Points
    285,449
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 386
    Given: 698

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    that has to be a joke... why NOT the SEC?

    -keep


    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 50,913, Level: 69
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,727
    Points
    50,913
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    I heard a discussion on the radio a few days ago about this... the SEC this year is very top heavy. No question that their top teams will be the top teams overall. But the lower tier teams in the SEC are also weaker compared to the Big 12 lower tier teams. Take it as a compliment guys -- in general, they're giving Iowa State and Baylor a lot of chances to cause some trouble in the conference schedule..


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 42,770, Level: 63
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    clones26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,542
    Points
    42,770
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 14

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    that has to be a joke... why NOT the SEC?

    -keep
    I was thinking the same thing. I will take it but would have to go with the SEC, then the Big 12.


    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day".-Frank Sinatra


    @cyfert26 on Twitter

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 35,379, Level: 57
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ic
    Posts
    1,852
    Points
    35,379
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    I think you can easily make an argument for both based on the results of last years season.


    Kinnick smells like syrup.

  6. #6
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 234,598, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    16,700
    Points
    234,598
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 529
    Given: 498

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    SEC deserves it...they beat each other up and still win the national title.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 65,488, Level: 79
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,114
    Points
    65,488
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 31

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    A healthy majority of the time I would be on the SEC bandwagon as well...but the Big 12 is loaded right now. Loaded.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 263,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,436
    Points
    263,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 573

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    SEC deserves it...they beat each other up and still win the national title.
    The SEC is all hype. They are a top heavy league no doubt but fewer of their teams are of the BCS caliber. Arkansas played a tremendous game knocking off LSU the eventual national champs. Mizzou plays them in the Cotton Bowl and freaking destroys them. I think Temple went for 280yds and 4 tds. Don't buy that SEC hype.


    Last edited by Cyclonestate78; 08-15-2008 at 04:37 PM.

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 85,471, Level: 90
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,105
    Points
    85,471
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 164

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    I heard a discussion on the radio a few days ago about this... the SEC this year is very top heavy. No question that their top teams will be the top teams overall. But the lower tier teams in the SEC are also weaker compared to the Big 12 lower tier teams. Take it as a compliment guys -- in general, they're giving Iowa State and Baylor a lot of chances to cause some trouble in the conference schedule..
    Throw out the fact I am Iowa State biased - I completely agree with this look at the Big 12. I think it might be the only reason that the Big 12 won't put someone in the champ game. I have a feeling some middle or lower team will knock off the possible natl champ teams like Mizzou. Whereas the SEC team don't have as much to worry about from their lower tier teams.


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 860,650, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,429
    Points
    860,650
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,516
    Given: 1,305

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyclone4 View Post
    Throw out the fact I am Iowa State biased - I completely agree with this look at the Big 12. I think it might be the only reason that the Big 12 won't put someone in the champ game. I have a feeling some middle or lower team will knock off the possible natl champ teams like Mizzou. Whereas the SEC team don't have as much to worry about from their lower tier teams.

    We should go ahead and be the team that knocks out Mizzou!!


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Burgermeister!
    Points: 357,423, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    TykeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,823
    Points
    357,423
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 445

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    We should go ahead and be the team that knocks out Mizzou!!
    What the heck, we should just win it all

    In all seriousness, I don't believe that we'd be in the BCS title game this year even if we did go 13-0.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 80,785, Level: 88
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jumbopackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,465
    Points
    80,785
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by TykeClone View Post
    What the heck, we should just win it all

    In all seriousness, I don't believe that we'd be in the BCS title game this year even if we did go 13-0.
    It would depend on the rest of the league. We would have just as strong a schedule as Kansas had last year. We would at least have had a win against a BCS conference team (Iowa) out of conference and we would have basically the same schedule that Kansas had in the Big 12.

    Here's our schedule vs. theirs last year:

    South Dakota State - Central Michigan
    Kent State - Southeastern Louisiana
    @Iowa - Toledo
    @UNLV - Florida International
    Kansas - @KState
    @Baylor - Baylor
    Nebraska - @Colorado
    Texas A&M - @Texas A&M
    @Oklahoma State - Nebraska
    @Colorado - @Oklahoma State
    Missouri - Iowa State
    @Kansas State - Missouri

    Same exact conference schedule save that we will be at Baylor and have A&M at home. I'd take Iowa, UNLV, Kent State and SDSU over SE LA, Toledo FIU and Central Michigan.

    We would have to win the Big 12 championship game, and after that I'd think we'd have as good a resume as it would take to play in the championship game.


    "Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 60,227, Level: 76
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigLame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western IA
    Posts
    2,655
    Points
    60,227
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 111

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    SEC deserves it...they beat each other up and still win the national title.
    This was not true last year.

    Like ISU is missing Oklahoma and Texas this year, LSU had similar position last year.

    Had they played a tougher schedule, they more than likely would not have had the record to qualify for the NC Game.



  14. #14
    Burgermeister!
    Points: 357,423, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    TykeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,823
    Points
    357,423
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 445

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    It would depend on the rest of the league. We would have just as strong a schedule as Kansas had last year. We would at least have had a win against a BCS conference team (Iowa) out of conference and we would have basically the same schedule that Kansas had in the Big 12.

    Here's our schedule vs. theirs last year:

    South Dakota State - Central Michigan
    Kent State - Southeastern Louisiana
    @Iowa - Toledo
    @UNLV - Florida International
    Kansas - @KState
    @Baylor - Baylor
    Nebraska - @Colorado
    Texas A&M - @Texas A&M
    @Oklahoma State - Nebraska
    @Colorado - @Oklahoma State
    Missouri - Iowa State
    @Kansas State - Missouri

    Same exact conference schedule save that we will be at Baylor and have A&M at home. I'd take Iowa, UNLV, Kent State and SDSU over SE LA, Toledo FIU and Central Michigan.

    We would have to win the Big 12 championship game, and after that I'd think we'd have as good a resume as it would take to play in the championship game.
    At 13-0, we'd be behind 1 loss teams with names like tOSU, USC, LSU - any school that started the season in the top 10. Probably would be behind a 1 loss hawaii too.

    We'd get the guaranteed BCS bowl, but not the title game.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 84,468, Level: 90
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,082
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,107
    Points
    84,468
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 2

    Re: Fox Sports ranks the BCS conferences...

    Quote Originally Posted by TykeClone View Post
    At 13-0, we'd be behind 1 loss teams with names like tOSU, USC, LSU - any school that started the season in the top 10. Probably would be behind a 1 loss hawaii too.

    We'd get the guaranteed BCS bowl, but not the title game.
    Sorry guys, but you are not giving us and the Big 12 enough credit. If we were to go 13-0 having won the Big 12 Title, we would have a fantastic shot at the National Championship game, providing there are not 2 other undefeated teams in big name conferences. We would most likely be top 3 at the worst, still with a decent chance at 2nd or better given wins over teams like KU, MU, and the south division winner.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM