Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 187,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,409
    Points
    187,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 96

    Nebraska Football

    Jon had Steve Ryan on today from the Big Red Report. On Jons show he said Nebraska will win 8 or 9 games. He also said the D is a work in progress and very inexperenced. He thought the O would be ok. I turned over to 590 a bit later to hear Steve talk once again, I would have turned it but they were talking about the media not being able to attend practice. Basically saying they should be able to attend so they know what is going on with the team, that the media wouldnt write or say too much about the team because they dont want other to know too much, or they wouldnt post video of practice or sell it to others. I thought it was odd that they thought it was wrong they couldnt attend practice. They also said Bo thinks there isnt much difference in being a head coach vs asst. They thought Bo would allow his asst coaches make a lot in the moment game decisions with no help from him(I know Chizik does as well but he is part of the call).

    From all this here is why Nebraska wont win 8 games.
    A front 7 that is inexperenced.
    A new staff and coach that has to get a chemisty and learn rolls on gameday.
    A head coach who will be learning on the job.
    No one really knows what is going on in practice.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 38,785, Level: 60
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,384
    Points
    38,785
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 45

    Re: Nebraska Football

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    <---- thats what i have to say about kNU football


    Husker Hater

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 469,703, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,729
    Points
    469,703
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 377

    Re: Nebraska Football

    No difference between assistant coach and head coach, huh? i guess the guy missed Chizik's first several games last year Looked like quite the adjustment was needed to me

    On the bright side, it's a great thing that Chizik appears to be a quick learner


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 20,481, Level: 43
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crete, NE
    Posts
    1,400
    Points
    20,481
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Football

    It does not surprise me that someone from Nebraska predicted an 8 or 9 win year? The Huskers have zero respect for the rest of the Big 12 North. They believe Kansas and Missouri aren't that great and the Kansas State and Iowa State are just terrible teams that couldn't beat anyone. Fact is, the rise of the 5 other Northern teams is part of the reason why Nebraska is in the tank.

    Nebraska is the most over-hyped team in the country. I live in Nebraska and love it when football season rolls around and the Huskers get hit with reality. They will be jumping off building after Pelini finishes with 4 or 5 wins. I love it.

    Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

    Sorry to hear about the NU wrestlers.


    Last edited by isucyfan; 08-13-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Inappropriate

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,374, Level: 63
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,671
    Points
    42,374
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 12

    Re: Nebraska Football

    Nebraska fans will never admit it, but they will miss some of the insight that Callahan brought to the table. I thought from the start that he wasn't the right guy for NE, but he is as good as it gets at creating mismatches for his playmakers. Guys like Corey Ross, Marlon Luckey, Zach Taylor, & Joe Gantz all benefited from Callahan's game planning. I'm not talking about play calling or selection, but rather the design of some of the plays. The combination of Watson, Bo, Barney, & Osborne will be a step backwards in terms of offensive schemes. Not to mention the issue of too many cooks messing up the stew.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 117,964, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,489
    Points
    117,964
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 58

    Re: Nebraska Football

    8-9 wins? ....and I'm the Queen of England.

    Seriously, I'd almost be willing to throw the house down on a bet against them making it to 8 wins.



  7. #7
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Cy Heavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    1,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Football

    NU will have 6-7 wins and struggle to make a bowl game.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 860,607, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,416
    Points
    860,607
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,513
    Given: 1,296

    Re: Nebraska Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    It does not surprise me that someone from Nebraska predicted an 8 or 9 win year? The Huskers have zero respect for the rest of the Big 12 North. They believe Kansas and Missouri aren't that great and the Kansas State and Iowa State are just terrible teams that couldn't beat anyone. Fact is, the rise of the 5 other Northern teams is part of the reason why Nebraska is in the tank.

    Nebraska is the most over-hyped team in the country. I live in Nebraska and love it when football season rolls around and the Huskers get hit with reality. They will be jumping off building after Pelini finishes with 4 or 5 wins. I love it.

    Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

    Sorry to hear about the NU wrestlers.
    Then we'll remember that order is restored


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 253,545, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,596
    Points
    253,545
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Football

    I could see them getting 8. Definitely not 9 though.



  10. #10
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 15,261, Level: 37
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonelifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Beatrice, Nebraska
    Posts
    346
    Points
    15,261
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Nebraska Football

    Yesterday's OWH had an article with some quotes from Barney. One reminded me of the downfall in Ames.

    He said no one will ever lose their position due to injury. It's there's when they're healthy enough to get it back. Reminded me of Chizik always saying "there is no inheritance."

    I listen to Omaha sports talk quite a bit and a lot of them do believe kNU is back. "The O is set and Bo will fix the D." Then they interview a DB, that was pitiful. This guy couldn't put a sentence together - he is a real Prince or Queen or whatever his name was.

    If it wasn't for an injury no one may have ever known who Lou Gehrig was.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 187,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,409
    Points
    187,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 96

    Re: Nebraska Football

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonelifer View Post
    Yesterday's OWH had an article with some quotes from Barney. One reminded me of the downfall in Ames.

    He said no one will ever lose their position due to injury. It's there's when they're healthy enough to get it back. Reminded me of Chizik always saying "there is no inheritance."

    I listen to Omaha sports talk quite a bit and a lot of them do believe kNU is back. "The O is set and Bo will fix the D." Then they interview a DB, that was pitiful. This guy couldn't put a sentence together - he is a real Prince or Queen or whatever his name was.

    If it wasn't for an injury no one may have ever known who Lou Gehrig was.
    Well at ISU no Sr ever lost his spot either. You only had to win it once, after that no matter how well you played to spot was still yours.

    One more thing about Neb, if memory serves me right Callihan called the offensive plays. If that is the case on top off everything else their OC will be calling playes for the first time for a coach that is D minded.

    ISU showed last year there will be train wreckes earily with a new staff and players trying to figure out the coach and what they are going to do. One thing that is different is that our players really liked Mac and I am not sure if NU's players liked Callihan.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 19,770, Level: 42
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    becrisgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    869
    Points
    19,770
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 16

    Re: Nebraska Football

    [quote=kingcy;581091]

    One more thing about Neb, if memory serves me right Callihan called the offensive plays. If that is the case on top off everything else their OC will be calling playes for the first time for a coach that is D minded.

    quote]

    Shawn Watson was OC at Colorado before coming to Nebraska. So he has called plays before. With that Nebraska won't win more than 5 games this year.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 70,434, Level: 82
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,016
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,351
    Points
    70,434
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 423

    Re: Nebraska Football

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Jon had Steve Ryan on today from the Big Red Report. On Jons show he said Nebraska will win 8 or 9 games. He also said the D is a work in progress and very inexperenced. He thought the O would be ok. I turned over to 590 a bit later to hear Steve talk once again, I would have turned it but they were talking about the media not being able to attend practice. Basically saying they should be able to attend so they know what is going on with the team, that the media wouldnt write or say too much about the team because they dont want other to know too much, or they wouldnt post video of practice or sell it to others. I thought it was odd that they thought it was wrong they couldnt attend practice. They also said Bo thinks there isnt much difference in being a head coach vs asst. They thought Bo would allow his asst coaches make a lot in the moment game decisions with no help from him(I know Chizik does as well but he is part of the call).

    From all this here is why Nebraska wont win 8 games.
    A front 7 that is inexperenced.
    A new staff and coach that has to get a chemisty and learn rolls on gameday.
    A head coach who will be learning on the job.
    No one really knows what is going on in practice.

    Big sports 590. Matt Perrault doesn't drink kNebraska Koolaid. He shoots it straight into the vein.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 27,686, Level: 51
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ahaselhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boone, IA
    Posts
    1,785
    Points
    27,686
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 31

    Re: Nebraska Football

    Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    I could see them getting 8. Definitely not 9 though.
    Agreed. I'd bet on 6-7 with a chance at 8 if they can knock off Kansas and avoid stumbling against us or K-State. But no way they beat Virginia Tech, Missouri, Oklahoma, or Texas Tech.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 25,773, Level: 49
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    iowa_wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,222
    Points
    25,773
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

    Re: Nebraska Football

    Everyone knows that I do not predict W-L records. I will guarantee you that Nebraska will have a better football team this season than last season even if the record does not improve. The reason; Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove are no longer employed by the University of Nebraska.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM