Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 82

Wedding advice: audio equipment rental

So here's the story.

My fiance and I are about 9 months away from getting married in Ames. It has been a tough process trying to plan a whole wedding from 1000 miles away, and we have recently been looking at DJs. We are pretty poor, and are trying to pay for most of this thing by ourselves. Professional DJs don't come cheap. We have a friend who has done some DJ'ing in the past using an iPod and some supplied audio equipment (not her own).

Thus, we would like to find some affordable audio equipment for rent (say, like, less than $500 for one night) in the Ames/Des Moines area. The CF community has supplied great advice in the past, and I sure would love to get some helpful feedback on this one. Thanks in advance.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 122

Re: Wedding advice: audio equipment rental

The first advice is let her do what she wants, act interested, tell her what you think some, but in the end let her have her way. Its her day, all you need to worry about is the music, how much and what flavor of beer you want. Keep both sides of parents involved but not too involved, we almost called our wedding off due to fighting sets of parents.

We planned our wedding from 500 miles away its no big deal you just have to have your trips planned out well. I have no idea where to rent audio eqp.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 10

Re: Wedding advice: audio equipment rental

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    So here's the story.

My fiance and I are about 9 months away from getting married in Ames. It has been a tough process trying to plan a whole wedding from 1000 miles away, and we have recently been looking at DJs. We are pretty poor, and are trying to pay for most of this thing by ourselves. Professional DJs don't come cheap. We have a friend who has done some DJ'ing in the past using an iPod and some supplied audio equipment (not her own).

Thus, we would like to find some affordable audio equipment for rent (say, like, less than $500 for one night) in the Ames/Des Moines area. The CF community has supplied great advice in the past, and I sure would love to get some helpful feedback on this one. Thanks in advance.
    you can find a good dj with his/her own audio equipment for under $500 bucks.

There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams