Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Transferring iTunes Music

I'm getting a new MacBook Pro and need to transfer all my iTunes music from my old Dell PC.

I've got the whole iTunes folder backed up (music, artwork, etc.), so I'm guessing that I just have to put that folder onto my new MacBook, then import it in, all at once from inside iTunes on the new Mac, correct?

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 5

Re: Transferring iTunes Music

Yep, that should work. If there are any purchases off of the iTunes store, you will most likely need to verify your account by typing in your password in order to play them on the new computer.

TRUE AND VALIANT

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 3,296

Re: Transferring iTunes Music

Quote Originally Posted by Bracker View Post
    I'm getting a new MacBook Pro and need to transfer all my iTunes music from my old Dell PC.

I've got the whole iTunes folder backed up (music, artwork, etc.), so I'm guessing that I just have to put that folder onto my new MacBook, then import it in, all at once from inside iTunes on the new Mac, correct?
    Yup! I'm just assuming that it works the same on a Mac, but in iTunes, select File and Add Folder to Library. You can then select that folder you mentioned previously. All songs contained in that folder should be imported. As Stumpy mentioned, you will have to authorize that computer. You can have up to five machines (last I knew) authorized to play your songs purchased from the Store at once; if you need to deauthorize a computer, you can do so from the Store dropdown in iTunes. I think you only used to be able to do this once per year, and it would deauthorize all computers using that username.

M 7/09