Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Gene doping

  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 174,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alaskaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,204
    Points
    174,241
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Gene doping

    The Baltimore Sun has an an article detailing the many ways Olympic athletes can cheat the anti-doping rules. The newspaper explains that the body is injected with a gene that triggers growth in specific tissues such as muscle. That could increase the muscle but be tough to detect in a test, because the enhancement was produced by the body’s own instructions.

    It was found that with two injections over two weeks, muscle mass in mice could be increased by 60% — no training required, according to the Sun.

    Link:
    Chasing Cheaters -- baltimoresun.com


    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein
    "If your worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on" Lance Armstrong
    "Dress cute wherever you go, life is too short to blend in." Paris Hilton
    "Money is one of the greatest instruments of freedom ever invented by man." F.A. Hayek

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,615, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    dustinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Points
    55,615
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Gene doping

    When I saw that subject line, I thought you were going to say something about Chizik...



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 17,268, Level: 40
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,599
    Points
    17,268
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Gene doping

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    The Baltimore Sun has an an article detailing the many ways Olympic athletes can cheat the anti-doping rules. The newspaper explains that the body is injected with a gene that triggers growth in specific tissues such as muscle. That could increase the muscle but be tough to detect in a test, because the enhancement was produced by the body’s own instructions.

    It was found that with two injections over two weeks, muscle mass in mice could be increased by 60% — no training required, according to the Sun.

    Link:
    Chasing Cheaters -- baltimoresun.com

    Where can I get this stuff?


    All things flow according to the whims of the great magnet.

    "You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail."

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 155,562, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,582
    Points
    155,562
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 136

    Re: Gene doping

    Quote Originally Posted by dustinal View Post
    When I saw that subject line, I thought you were going to say something about Chizik...
    That's true too. Just being around the Chiz you get pumped up much faster



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 334,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,729
    Points
    334,917
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Gene doping

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    That's true too. Just being around the Chiz you get pumped up much faster
    Careful, you'll give Miles Brand and the NCAA another excuse to put unjust sanctions on ISU athletics.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 155,562, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,582
    Points
    155,562
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 136

    Re: Gene doping

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Careful, you'll give Miles Brand and the NCAA another excuse to put unjust sanctions on ISU athletics.
    Good call, I'll tip toe backwards now



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM