Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Question Coaching Search ?

Jeremy, any possibility that you are hearing additional information on this? I can't believe how often I check this site every day now waiting for the inevitable announcement! Also, isn't there a desire to get this wrapped up ASAP for recruiting and 'beating other teams to the punch' reasons?

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Coaching Search ?

i don't think they want to take away from what is happening this weekend and also JP understands how important this hire is. It is a career making/breaking hire for Jamie. Make a great hire that gets the base and donors excited and delivers early success and projects move forward, miss on this hire and the excitement about the moves Jamie is making really falters. He has to get this one right. No need to rush, but also don't want to drag it out. I expect we will have a coach in place by if not by next week as Jeremy suggest, but by 12/1 which will leave time for recruiting and still get us the guy we want.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 141

I will post an update on it tonight. I was so swamped at work today that this is my first time on the site. I've got about a hundred emails and messages to go through and will get something posted. Thanks:)

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 31

Kind of wondering if things had still remained the same myself. Realize that Pollard has his own timetable and we probably wouldn't hear a whole lot. But now it is getting close to the weekend and thought maybe there was some feedback on how things were going. Thanks again for the "news". I realize that things can change, so I definitely won't cast the first stone.

I still think that Harbaugh is the primary target with Brewster a close second. Kind of like a Win/Win situation as far as I am concerned.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Aren't we already miles behind the 8 ball with something like only 7 commits for next year? Even if we get a coach today, how many more quality players will he be able to bring in before next year? I think it may be a rough couple of years until our new guy gets the pieces he needs, but i think we are all willing to wait and see how the system works. Just hope it isn't 12 more years of waiting for letdown after letdown...

Rookie
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Everyone needs to understand that a coaching change will hurt recruiting this year and probally into next year. It comes with the territory.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    Aren't we already miles behind the 8 ball with something like only 7 commits for next year? Even if we get a coach today, how many more quality players will he be able to bring in before next year? I think it may be a rough couple of years until our new guy gets the pieces he needs, but i think we are all willing to wait and see how the system works. Just hope it isn't 12 more years of waiting for letdown after letdown...
    I believe that Mac had only 13 recruits in his 1st class with basically no leads passed on from Walden's staff. Walden had his staff stop recruiting at mid-season and left little or no recruit films behind. Mac ended up with a couple of solid players (Marsau & Agnofa) but had a very good class in year 2 that provided the nucleus for the Insight.com team.

I don't expect a top 30 class in year 1, but the new staff will have more time and much more to work with than Mac did. It will be more important to address some glaring needs than to start off with a star studded class.