Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Stadium Question

What is the lowest row # you can be in and still see over the people walking in front of you......without standing? (West stadium down close to the field) What is the first row number closest to the field? Is there even a row # one or two? I joined a friend once last year in row four and it seemed like the poeple were walking right in front of him. Just wondering. Thanks.

"Hold my beer - I'm gonna try something......"

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 22

Re: Stadium Question

Quote Originally Posted by NWIAclone View Post
    What is the lowest row # you can be in and still see over the people walking in front of you......without standing? (West stadium down close to the field) What is the first row number closest to the field? Is there even a row # one or two? I joined a friend once last year in row four and it seemed like the poeple were walking right in front of him. Just wondering. Thanks.
    IMO the entire lower level is poor viewing unles you are in the top 5 rows. (others will say this is not the case, but I believe it to be)

First few rows of the balcony, midfield, is where you want to be.

Addict
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,101
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 119

Wow…if that were true, you're basically saying that a large chuck of your fellow Cyclone fans are idiots for putting down the jack it takes to sit in some of the seats. I guess I give people more credit then that.

I've had the good fortune to use a pair of tix for seats on the lower level, west side. About the 40 yard line. I can't remember what row, but it was high up enough that there were no issues with people on the sidelines obstructing my view (but yet I know it was in the lower third) . It is true, you don't want to get down too low, but I believe that is just the first few rows. Can't put a number on it because I don’t' know.

Also, beside being much closer to the action on the field, one thing I hadn't considered (until I sat through a game down there) is how much louder the experience is. When you sit in the balcony (which is where our season tix are) you lose out on much of the crowd noise that is in front of you. But when you're down low in the lower section, you're expose to: more fan noise from across the field, on the field, the sound system is clearer, and most importantly you have the majority of fans behind you. It is an unbelievable experience and is I believe a large part of what makes those seats more valuable. It has to be experienced to be truly appreciated.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Wow…if that were true, you're basically saying that a large chuck of your fellow Cyclone fans are idiots for putting down the jack it takes to sit in some of the seats. I guess I give people more credit then that.

I've had the good fortune to use a pair of tix for seats on the lower level, west side. About the 40 yard line. I can't remember what row, but it was high up enough that there were no issues with people on the sidelines obstructing my view (but yet I know it was in the lower third) . It is true, you don't want to get down too low, but I believe that is just the first few rows. Can't put a number on it because I don’t' know.

Also, beside being much closer to the action on the field, one thing I hadn't considered (until I sat through a game down there) is how much louder the experience is. When you sit in the balcony (which is where our season tix are) you lose out on much of the crowd noise that is in front of you. But when you're down low in the lower section, you're expose to: more fan noise from across the field, on the field, the sound system is clearer, and most importantly you have the majority of fans behind you. It is an unbelievable experience and is I believe a large part of what makes those seats more valuable. It has to be experienced to be truly appreciated.
    Many here agree with me. Also, I put down over $3K and choose to sit in the balcony for this very reason.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 16

Just stand like me the entire time.

You may get security called on you but at least you can see everything.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I sat in the upper deck for years, but this will be my fourth year down below. I've always had seats near the top and in fact last year and again this year will be in the back row, which I requested. (I lost my back row seats of last year to handicapped seating, so I was lucky to get new ones in the back row on the other side of the field.)

Anyway the big advantage of being down below is more protection from the wind. I sat in front of the box seats and that blocked a lot of the wind. Combine that with those chemical heat packets and I've now forgotten what it was like to freeze your butt off till you got numb.

EDIT: I should add that those upper deck seats are great also for the view of the field, and they have more "involved" fans. I'm not going to argue with those of the opinion things are better up top.

Last edited by Psyclone; 08-08-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Starter
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

When I was a student I used to go in to the stadium right after the gates opened to get row 12 on the end closest to midfield. There was a large group of us (about 30) that used to get seats on the end from rows 11 - 14. It was funny cause there were all the crazy fanatics that wanted to be in the front row, and then our big group with 8 rows between us empty for about a half hour until the student section started filling up.

In my opinion the 12th row is where it's at, it's the closest you can get but still just high enough to be able to see everything; even on the far side of the field (with the crowning). Obviously on the 50 is the best, but in the student section on the end isle is one of the best seats in the house because to your left is the recruits section which rarely stands up, so you always have an unobstructed view of the action at the far end of the field.

At the end of the day though, you have to figure out what you're own preference is, there are benefits to sitting close and in the balcony, I suggest that you walk through the stadium during a game and watch a play or two from various different spots to find out what is your preference (ushers can sometimes be a pain in the behind, but I've had luck telling them I just need to go down to get a friend because cell towers are full).

Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    Just stand like me the entire time.

You may get security called on you but at least you can see everything.
    Ask security where on the ticket it says you have to sit down.

They don't like that.

"Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I guess it could be different expectations then in the game day experience.

I can see the argument that you may get a better overall view of the game from the balcony and if that is you're number #1 priority all else, then it makes sense.
    But to imply that visually the game can't be thoroughly enjoyed in the lower level (except for the top 5 rows), just seems preposterous to me. Again…are these high donor/long time season tickets holders idiots?

I'm perfectly happy with my 40 yard line upper balcony seats myself. Yes…the view is terrific. But I would move down to the lower level in heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Family has had 9th and 11th row West side on the 40yd line since I was a tot. You can't see as well as you could up above but I liked being "so close" to the action. Nothing obstructs your view except the darn TV truck with the camera man that comes along every once in a while. (when we are lucky enough to be on TV)

I bought my first real season tix last season (outside of being a student) and was in the mid upper deck east side. You can truly see every aspect of the game up there.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 16

This is an interesting thread because there really isn't a bad seat in The Jack.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,481
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 84

2001-2003, was fortunate to have lower level seats through a friend. Sat about 7 rows up on East side, 50 yard line. The only problem was when the play came to the sideline directly in front of us. Seemed like most of the action was in the middle of the field most of the time. One other problem was the few players who felt it necessary to stand on the benches and wave towels. That did bother us sometimes.

I thought it was pretty cool to be that close to the action, to hear the pads popping, seeing guys get up to make a sideline catch, etc. We got to see the interaction between the players and coaches on the sideline, which pretty cool. Also, these seats were very near to where most of the player's families sat. I think we were right behind Mike Banks' parents for 1 year.

All in all, I think the positives far outweighed the negatives. If you're just looking for great sightline and nothing else, higher is definitely better. If you want access to a little something extra, then lower is what you might be looking for. Just one man's opinion.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    This is an interesting thread because there really isn't a bad seat in The Jack.
    Not according to some. It sounds like we may have the first stadium in history where some of the most expensive seats in the house have "poor viewing".

Speechless
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111

I like sitting down low. However the sightlines are not great and there really isn't any debating that. My wife is 5'0", and sometimes if people are always standing and moving around she has a hard time following the action.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've had tickets in both the uppers and lowers. The balcony allows you to see the plays develop better. May or may not be a good thing. Upsetting when you see a receiver flashing open and the quarterback doesn't.