Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    <blockquote>Wow&#33; Thats really all I can say. I&#39;ve never heard of someone getting a raise of &#036;1.4 million. As much as I hate Eastern Iowa sports, my hat is off to them to be able to put something like that together. I am a big McCarnery fan but that has to feel like a shot to the marbles to do the same job(only 140 miles away) and get paid over a million dollars less&#33; Would love to know his thoughts on the situation. On the brightside, Steve Alford is still the coach of the Iowa basketball team. That should prove to bring cyclone fans much happiness for years to come&#33;

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs...001/1003&lead=1

</blockquote>

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 96
    They pay him too much to lose to us:)

Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

"The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 14
    the idea of getting paid 2.7 million a year is beyond my comprehension. Especially considering he is developing kids to play a game. Another sad indicator of the messed up financial priorities of our society.

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 872
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 29
    Wow, that is a lot of money. What do Pete Carroll or Mack Brown get? He&#39;d better get to the national title game soon.

Go Cyclones!!

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    The truth is.....if Mac (who I admire by the way) was delivering the same results...he would be getting paid close to that amount..

maybe someday...

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Only Weiss and Petey get paid more.

I was shocked at this, too.

But the economic impact Kirk and his program have had on Johnson County and for the University is significant.

To me, the best thing about this from a Hawkeye perspective is the signal it sends to the coaching fraternity. The head coach at Iowa is the third highest paid head coach in the sport. With that, the new Kinnick aspects, the practice facilities/weight room, the student athlete only learning center, it makes it an attractive situation for years to come.

BTW, I was highly impressed with the Bergstrom Facility. That thing is wicked nice. And I think Jamie is going to put the cherry on top of Jack Trice. I had a great time there this year, minus the football game [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

'Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black.'

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    He&#39;s the third highest paid in the country now, just behind Charlie Weis and Pete Carroll. Hell of a reward for a 7-5 season [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Starter
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HOTDON &#064; Jun 4 2006, 04&#58;56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> He&#39;s the third highest paid in the country now, just behind Charlie Weis and Pete Carroll. Hell of a reward for a 7-5 season [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Here is a list of the coaching Salary leaders:

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame &#036;3.3 million
    Pete Carroll, USC &#036;3 million
    Kirk Ferentz, Iowa &#036;2.7 million
    Tommy Tuberville, Auburn &#036;2.6 million
    Bob Stoops, Oklahoma &#036;2.5 million
    Jim Tressel, Ohio State &#036;2.4 million
    Mack Brown, Texas &#036;2.2 million
    Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech &#036;2.1 million
    Bobby Bowden, Florida State &#036;2.1 million
    Phillip Fullmer, Tennessee &#036;2.1 million
    Urban Meyer, Florida &#036;2 million
    Mark Richt, Georgia &#036;2 million

Big Ten coaching salaries
    Kirk Ferentz, Iowa &#036;2.7 million
    Jim Tressel, Ohio State &#036;2.4 million
    Joe Paterno, Penn State &#036;1.5 million
    John L. Smith, Michigan State &#036;1.6 million
    Joe Tiller, Purdue &#036;1.3 million
    Lloyd Carr, Michigan &#036;1.2 million
    Glen Mason, Minnesota &#036;1.2 million
    Ron Zook, Illinois &#036;1.1 million
    Bret Bielema, Wisconsin &#036;750,000
    Randy Walker, Northwestern &#036;750,000
    Terry Hoeppner, Indiana &#036;600,000
    Source: Newspaper reports

Personally, I don&#39;t believe he deserves to be paid as much and more than some of the names on this list.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17
    Ferentz is the only part of EIU that I admire. He is a damn good coach (as bad as it makes me feel to give any Pukeye even an ounce of credit)..

Do U suppose us taxpayers will still have to flip the bill for his son to live in low income housing in Iowa City while playing football at EIU or will this boost in pay finally get him off living from paycheck to paycheck?????????? HA

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyclonesrule91 &#064; Jun 5 2006, 08&#58;23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Ferentz is the only part of EIU that I admire. He is a damn good coach (as bad as it makes me feel to give any Pukeye even an ounce of credit)..

Do U suppose us taxpayers will still have to flip the bill for his son to live in low income housing in Iowa City while playing football at EIU or will this boost in pay finally get him off living from paycheck to paycheck?????????? HA [/b][/quote]

I believe his son has graduated and moved on....however, there are younger Ferentz kids on the way..

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10
    You can&#39;t blame them for doing it. The enormous advantage they have is they play in the Little 11. He can have good/great records year after year after year playing in that sorry league.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pulse &#064; Jun 5 2006, 09&#58;16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> You can&#39;t blame them for doing it. The enormous advantage they have is they play in the Little 11. He can have good/great records year after year after year playing in that sorry league. [/b][/quote]

This is insane....being a fanatical ISU supporter as everyone else...even I recognize that the Big 10 is equal to our conference...especially our weak schedule last year from which we did not capitalize. Hate Iowa all you want (and I do) Kirk and his minions get it done in a decent conference.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I agree with Pulse to a degree. Sure the little 11 is probably on our scale in football and in certain years will be either way as far as which conference is tougher. One thing you can not argue with though is that 7-5 in the Big XII would not earn you anywhere near a New Years Bowl. There are more opportunities for January Bowls in the Big 10 for a conference with less teams. So show me how that is not diluting the prestige that Iowa fans want to put on a January Bowl. I thought it was hilarious listening to Hawkeye fans go from possibly not having a chance at any bowl or ending up in Detroit to all of a sudden being a January Bowl participant and acting like they had been challenging for the national championship every year. And this year unfortunately Kirk will have a decent team but the schedule is so far skewed in his favor that another January bowl in inevitable. But that just gives us another chance at putting them back in there hole early and putting those national championship dreams back where they belong&#33;&#33;&#33;

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CY ST8T &#064; Jun 5 2006, 11&#58;18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I agree with Pulse to a degree. Sure the little 11 is probably on our scale in football and in certain years will be either way as far as which conference is tougher. One thing you can not argue with though is that 7-5 in the Big XII would not earn you anywhere near a New Years Bowl. There are more opportunities for January Bowls in the Big 10 for a conference with less teams. So show me how that is not diluting the prestige that Iowa fans want to put on a January Bowl. I thought it was hilarious listening to Hawkeye fans go from possibly not having a chance at any bowl or ending up in Detroit to all of a sudden being a January Bowl participant and acting like they had been challenging for the national championship every year. And this year unfortunately Kirk will have a decent team but the schedule is so far skewed in his favor that another January bowl in inevitable. But that just gives us another chance at putting them back in there hole early and putting those national championship dreams back where they belong&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

you do have some good points....