Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 46

question on DVD rom drives

I have an HP desktop with a DVD rom drive and a DVD/CD drive/burner on it. My problem is that the drive with the burner seems to recognize CD for burning, but not DVDs. It will play DVDs, but if I put a blank one in it does not recongnize it. I have a stack of 50 disks and have randomly pick disks out to the stack thinking that a couple might be defective. I also have a couple of other DVDs from another manufacturer that it does not recognize either. Is it possible they are all bad disks? They were cheap! The non-burning DVD rom drive does not seem to recognize these disks either. Any suggestions?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 543
    Given: 377

Re: question on DVD rom drives

Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    I have an HP desktop with a DVD rom drive and a DVD/CD drive/burner on it. My problem is that the drive with the burner seems to recognize CD for burning, but not DVDs. It will play DVDs, but if I put a blank one in it does not recongnize it. I have a stack of 50 disks and have randomly pick disks out to the stack thinking that a couple might be defective. I also have a couple of other DVDs from another manufacturer that it does not recognize either. Is it possible they are all bad disks? They were cheap! The non-burning DVD rom drive does not seem to recognize these disks either. Any suggestions?
    My first guess is make sure all your drivers are up to date. Next, if you have to install some burning software, install it.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.