Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

gas bill question

being that i just recieved my first gas bill, i have no idea what to expect. I live in university village, by myself because my "roommate" is out of the country. I take showers once a day, but they are rarely hot showers during the summer. I had washed dishes 2x in the 2.5 weeks before the bill, and boiled corn once for 20 mins. that should be all of the warm water I have used.

so does it sound like 12 therms is the right amount to be billed for? it seemed a bit high to me.

my roommate wants to pay it, and it is only 30 bucks so its not a big deal, but i think somehow he is screwing me. the way i see it, i got his rent halved, so he should just suck it up. what do you think?

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 175

Re: gas bill question

Quote Originally Posted by illinoiscyclone View Post
    being that i just recieved my first gas bill, i have no idea what to expect. I live in university village, by myself because my "roommate" is out of the country. I take showers once a day, but they are rarely hot showers during the summer. I had washed dishes 2x in the 2.5 weeks before the bill, and boiled corn once for 20 mins. that should be all of the warm water I have used.

so does it sound like 12 therms is the right amount to be billed for? it seemed a bit high to me.

my roommate wants to pay it, and it is only 30 bucks so its not a big deal, but i think somehow he is screwing me. the way i see it, i got his rent halved, so he should just suck it up. what do you think?
    That does seem a little high. I have a family of 4 with a rather large water heater and our last bill was for 9 therms. You might want to have your energy company come check for a leak.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,173
    Given: 1,031

Quote Originally Posted by illinoiscyclone View Post

Just a guess, but is it possible that they estimated the usage? They do that at our house all the time. In fact, the house we are renting out had the exact same gas bill as the one we are in this month.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Just a guess, but is it possible that they estimated the usage? They do that at our house all the time. In fact, the house we are renting out had the exact same gas bill as the one we are in this month.
    Good point. They "estimated" ours one month this winter and our bill went from around $200 to $400+. That was a shock.