Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

This Team Is Good In Front of the Camera

During the media day coverage of Iowa State I noticed something that did not seem to always be there in the past. And that was that every single guy they put in front of the camera spoke very clearly, thus coming across as intelligent. Sometimes in the past, you had a real hard time understanding some of the guys and some of them couldn't speak in proper English sentences. It was hard to see how some of them were college material.

I know you only get a small sampling of players. Maybe nothing has changed other than the coaching staff just doing a better job of controlling who gets in front of the camera.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: This Team Is Good In Front of the Camera

I hope they look as good on Saturday afternoons.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Why is this in In-State Rivals?

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 303

So the Hawk fans can read and compare....

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    I hope they look as good on Saturday afternoons.
    What about Thursday & Saturday nights!?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day".-Frank Sinatra

@cyfert26 on Twitter

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by ornryactor View Post
    Why is this in In-State Rivals?
    You must be seeing things.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by chadm View Post
    You must be seeing things.
    Those sneaky sneaky mods

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

This might be a bonus but I'll take a bumbling player with the mic in his face that is an all-big 12 and major impact player over some guy that is well-spoken but an average or mediocre player. I know it'd be nice to have both of both worlds but we could win the Big 12 and be the worst team when talking with the media and I'd take that. Keep your nose out of trouble and perform at a high level and anything else is icing on the cake IMO.

Can't wait for the season to start because the tone of posts here is about to do a 180 once people come down out of the clouds they are riding on right now.

Go Cubs Go!

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post

Can't wait for the season to start because the tone of posts here is about to do a 180 once people come down out of the clouds they are riding on right now.
    what does this mean? serious question.

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63

This might be a bonus but I'll take a bumbling player with the mic in his face that is an all-big 12 and major impact player over some guy that is well-spoken but an average or mediocre player
    We had that, and won 5 games in 2 years.

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 394

Man, I used to cringe every time they put Troy Davis on the radio. He obviously didn't graduate, but what the heck did that guy major in?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson10 View Post
    what does this mean? serious question.
    Means just like every season here regardless of sport. People get all excited and get their expectations way to high then complain and rant at everything when things don't go as well as they hope and people will be calling for this player to be benched or this coach to be fired, etc. Happened with football last year, several here thought Chizik could turn our mess around in 1 season and some nut jobs even predicted 6-8 wins then when we got it handed to us several times this was an ugly place at times with all the whiners. In basketball everyone was talking about possible post season like NIT the past 2 years and by the end of the season some peope were already calling for GMac's job.

So I'm calling it right now, just watch how the tone of this board changes if we only win 5 games (this is my prediction BTW) this year. You'll have some like me thinking realistically that it was a step in the right direction and you'll have some here that will rant about how we are just drifting back into "acceptable mediocrity" and how in the world could we not have won 7 or 8 games with this schedule! Laugh now but save this post and come back here in April when the major sports seasons are over and we'll see if I was so far off or not. This place is at it's ugliest when times are tough and hate to tell you folks but this isn't going to be a walk in the park football season that some seem to think it will be.

I like Chizik but some here have made him out to be a miracle worker and savior. Year 3 of him at the helm is what I was expecting to see the big step back into a bowl game and I'm still sticking with that expectation.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLNST8 View Post
    Man, I used to cringe every time they put Troy Davis on the radio. He obviously didn't graduate, but what the heck did that guy major in?
    I'll venture to say it was football...

Go Cubs Go!

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 67

Means just like every season here regardless of sport. People get all excited and get their expectations way to high then complain and rant at everything when things don't go as well as they hope and people will be calling for this player to be benched or this coach to be fired, etc. Happened with football last year, several here thought Chizik could turn our mess around in 1 season and some nut jobs even predicted 6-8 wins then when we got it handed to us several times this was an ugly place at times with all the whiners. In basketball everyone was talking about possible post season like NIT the past 2 years and by the end of the season some peope were already calling for GMac's job.

So I'm calling it right now, just watch how the tone of this board changes if we only win 5 games (this is my prediction BTW) this year. You'll have some like me thinking realistically that it was a step in the right direction and you'll have some here that will rant about how we are just drifting back into "acceptable mediocrity" and how in the world could we not have won 7 or 8 games with this schedule! Laugh now but save this post and come back here in April when the major sports seasons are over and we'll see if I was so far off or not. This place is at it's ugliest when times are tough and hate to tell you folks but this isn't going to be a walk in the park football season that some seem to think it will be.

I like Chizik but some here have made him out to be a miracle worker and savior. Year 3 of him at the helm is what I was expecting to see the big step back into a bowl game and I'm still sticking with that expectation.
    This is what I thought you were going to reply with. But it begs the next question - why can't you wait? A little interpretation says the reasoning is only one of three things; either you want ISU to do poorly, or you want to board to turn ugly, or you want to be able to say "I told you so".

Sorry - but you can't have a picture of a drunken worlds greatest optimist as your avatar, and be a Cyclone fan, and then have either of those interpretations be correct.

ISU fans are the greatest in the world. All they ask for is hope and the belief that we have a chance to win every time we step on the field - Johnny Majors (paraphrased)

Ya gotta have the horses, man - Johnny Orr.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

Ah come on. You're a Cubs fan. You're just bitter from all the disappointment

In all seriousness, good post and you are correct. If we win 5 games, but drop a few by a field goal or something then we would have some reason to be frustrated. However, 5 wins this year would be a step in the right direction.

Needless to say, people will complain, and we will still be here to witness it. I just hope there is less to complain about this year than the last two years.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!