Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 81,693, Level: 88
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,794
    Points
    81,693
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Mediacom Pricing

    With the recent issues with dish and WOI I'm trying to look into switching back to Mediacom for TV and possibly internet. I can't seem to find any pricing information on the web other than the promotional deals and I can't make it into the office before they close. Does anyone have any insight as to how much standard def cable with one DVR costs? Also what their current cable internet rates are?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,397, Level: 94
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,397
    Points
    92,397
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 17

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    With the recent issues with dish and WOI I'm trying to look into switching back to Mediacom for TV and possibly internet. I can't seem to find any pricing information on the web other than the promotional deals and I can't make it into the office before they close. Does anyone have any insight as to how much standard def cable with one DVR costs? Also what their current cable internet rates are?
    I just signed up on a digital 2 star pack and 8MB internet connection for $70 a month.

    I didn't get a DVR, I remember her telling me about the HDDVR when I asked to switch up to an HD box, but I can't remember how much more that would've been. I don't think very much

    EDIT: Mediacom doesn't charge anything extra for your standard HD channels. You can pay $7 a month for some random HD channels, but I doubt many people do that



  3. #3
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 272,882, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    18,180
    Points
    272,882
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 93

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    I just signed up on a digital 2 star pack and 8MB internet connection for $70 a month.

    I didn't get a DVR, I remember her telling me about the HDDVR when I asked to switch up to an HD box, but I can't remember how much more that would've been. I don't think very much

    EDIT: Mediacom doesn't charge anything extra for your standard HD channels. You can pay $7 a month for some random HD channels, but I doubt many people do that
    Also included in your standard is ESPN, ESPN2, Comcast, WGN, TNT, USA Network and a few others.


    42-54 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    We have internet, cable-HBO-Starz and the extra HD channels, DVR-HD box and the other digital box. Pay about 120 per.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,122, Level: 76
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    3,691
    Points
    61,122
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 16

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    Also included in your standard is ESPN, ESPN2, Comcast, WGN, TNT, USA Network and a few others.
    Comcast? What number is that on mediacom? I don't get it and I have digital cable.


    I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

  6. #6
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 272,882, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    18,180
    Points
    272,882
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 93

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    Comcast? What number is that on mediacom? I don't get it and I have digital cable.
    It's only in Eastern Iowa. You have Fox Sports over there.


    42-54 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,347, Level: 62
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,615
    Points
    41,347
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    I am paying about $165 /mo

    I get dual HD DVR Box
    HBO Starz OnDemand
    A good chunk of free HD Channels. Don't buy there package until the get more channels
    Unlimted long distance in US and Canada with all calling features available
    10 Mb Download
    Connections 22
    Get their sports pack.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,122, Level: 76
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    3,691
    Points
    61,122
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 16

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    It's only in Eastern Iowa. You have Fox Sports over there.
    Ah, we already had this conversation. I keep forgetting that not everyone on this sight receives the same mediacom service.


    I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 23,354, Level: 46
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    StormnClone58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,352
    Points
    23,354
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 27

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    i got their digital 2 star pack with starz n showtime and HD plus their 8mb internet for $60


    Winners' Never Quit and Quitters' Never Win

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 204,612, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dmclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    50131
    Posts
    13,414
    Points
    204,612
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 342

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Couple years old
    Attached Files Attached Files



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,766, Level: 32
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CloneBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    272
    Points
    11,766
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    don't do it.....


    Ron freaking Swanson

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,047, Level: 67
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Bubbahotep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,519
    Points
    48,047
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by HandSanitizer View Post
    I am paying about $165 /mo

    I get dual HD DVR Box
    HBO Starz OnDemand
    A good chunk of free HD Channels. Don't buy there package until the get more channels
    Unlimted long distance in US and Canada with all calling features available
    10 Mb Download
    Connections 22
    Get their sports pack.
    I'm guessing you don't get out much


    “There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 81,693, Level: 88
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,794
    Points
    81,693
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    I just signed up on a digital 2 star pack and 8MB internet connection for $70 a month.

    I didn't get a DVR, I remember her telling me about the HDDVR when I asked to switch up to an HD box, but I can't remember how much more that would've been. I don't think very much

    EDIT: Mediacom doesn't charge anything extra for your standard HD channels. You can pay $7 a month for some random HD channels, but I doubt many people do that
    Is that $70 a promotional deal? I saw they had on their website the $29.95 / each with cable, internet, and phone but they don't show how much it'll cost me after a year. I'm paying $57 to dish with a DVR and I don't want to spend much more than that for cable. I don't have a HD TV yet so that doesn't really affect my decision.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 145,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,716
    Points
    145,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    We get internet.

    One Standard digital box
    One HD DVR
    Expanded Digital
    Sports Pack
    Pay around $95/mo



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,397, Level: 94
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,397
    Points
    92,397
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 17

    Re: Mediacom Pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Is that $70 a promotional deal? I saw they had on their website the $29.95 / each with cable, internet, and phone but they don't show how much it'll cost me after a year. I'm paying $57 to dish with a DVR and I don't want to spend much more than that for cable. I don't have a HD TV yet so that doesn't really affect my decision.

    Yea I don't know. They said the price is good for 12 months, so after that I don't know what they'd do. However, I'll be graduating in May so I wasn't too concerned about that when I signed up sorry.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM