Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139

Exclamation CF's Future: You decide, the site stays or goes

CF's Future: You decide, the site stays or goes

I am getting personally tired and worn out with all the bickering, bashing, name calling, arguments, and other unnecessary topics taking place over the past week or so. I know there is a lot of anxiety and nervousness in the air, change always causes that. But enough is enough. If people can't put aside their feelings from what other sites or members have or haven't done in the past, or what I have either reported or worded that you didn't agree with, I will shut-down the site to everybody but those I have grown to know and trust. The problems are only from a few new members but they are taking a toll on everybody else as well, not to mention everything else that is dividing the ISU fan-base.

If you have a problem with what I or anybody else reports or how they word it, tell them to correct it rather than debate for hours if there's a scandal or something brewing. Not everybody is a Pulitzer-Prize winning author and may need some assistance once in a while.

I am tired of all of the BS that has started to take place by new members and I will either turn off new registrations for a while or shut-down the whole darn site if things don't get back to where they were. The moderators and I are working feverishly on the site and at introducing some exciting new things but that can all change quickly.

We are working hard on getting t-shirts made, a CyFan club going, etc but this evening and the past few days are making me really start to question if it's all worth the stuff we put up with by trolls that are egged on and argued with in topics and threads. I work 50-60 hrs a week at a very intense job and work on the site another 40 or so hours and everything is going to start to suffer if things don't improve here.

You decide, CycloneFanatic can stay or go but something has to change.

Regretfully,
    Jeremy

On a side note; I hope that people understand I put my reputation and sources on the line when I report news stories like Harbaugh. I don't need anymore criticism than I already get. If you have suggestions or feedback, do it in a constructive manner rather than arguing nonstop about every little detail. I am open to suggestions or writers, I'm not perfect.

Last edited by Jeremy; 11-13-2006 at 10:41 PM.
    A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: CF's Future: You decide, the site stays or goes

If you're referring to me because I disagreed with you on calling Mike Taylor being better than Stinson. Is that why you're mad?

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 610
    Given: 2,452

Quote Originally Posted by colocy View Post
    If you're referring to me because I disagreed with you on calling Mike Taylor being better than Stinson. Is that why you're mad?
    No, read the thread on Jer's breaking news about the new coach.

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by colocy View Post
    It has nothing to do with that. I am extremely busy doing two different positions at work and this site has been an outlet and passion for me. Over the past couple of days people are constantly doing either innapropriate things, trying to hack the server, emailing me the most vulgar things, PMing members with insults, etc. I'm not singling out anybody or anything as the problem but rather everything as a whole. It's a collective problem of a large member-base and the anxiety going around with the coaching change. Nobody in particular is at fault but it needs to get better regardless.

I would also like to point out that it's hard enough for me to stick my head out there in announcing Harbaugh as the next coach, I don't need emails telling me that I'm going to hell for posting things too soon, etc. I've just had it and need a break from the problems. The moderators are great and I'm sure they'll continue to help out with keeping things clean why I try to stick to positive stories and news-worthy stories for a while.

Thanks,
    Jer

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Whoa now...removing CF? Just try it spanky...I'll be beating down your door! :)

Pro
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Comon people, don't be ********.

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Starter
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    Comon people, don't be ********.
    That's a quote to live by.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Since you are asking.........
    maybe you should shut the site down until you can find a network to be a part of like Rivals or Scout. That would give you the legitimacy you crave.
    Just a suggestion since you asked.
    Take Care!

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cychief24 View Post
    maybe you should shut the site down until you can find a network to be a part of like Rivals or Scout. That would give you the legitimacy you crave.
    Take Care!
    It's not legitamcy I crave, I have that with people that read the site and know what goes on. I crave a simpler world where people with things in common get along and stay on topic. Thanks for the suggestion though but I like the no ads and the freedom of everything:) Not a bash on anyother site that may have ads, just saying I don't like ads when I go to sites and I like the technical side of the site's workings.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 63

I know it's easier said than done, but try to ignore the haters. This is a great site and I would hate to see it go away. I appreciate the work and effort you put into this as it has grown. And of course the growth will expand the number of bad apples, but let's not let them ruin it for the majority.

Without intentionally comparing this to any other site, I enjoy the open forum to express reasonable opinions, and to keep up with news and some insider information sources are willing to share without having to deal with the "hush-hush" mindset. It's good to be able to have this type of an outlet on your site just like folks sitting around with folks in the donut shop. Now, if you can only provide donuts over the website. Mmmmm....donut.

Thanks.

Starter
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cychief24 View Post
    Take Care!
    That would make this site cost money I think to be a part of those. I think that is why he doesn't want that. Besides there already are cyclone sites connected to those.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

Jeremy, I'd like to say thanks for having/running/putting up with cyclone fanatic. It is great! I really don't know what type of advice/hope i can give about the content/slander improving....but I hope it does.....

Walk On
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

2 things.

1. Jeremy - did you delete the breaking news thread to diffuse the situation? Angie's post about that being the root of the issue led me to look at the facts, but i think its gone.

2. People - get off of Jeremy's back. He's doing this for nothin and spending 40 hours a week so we can have our own outlet. Dear lord. To jump all over the 'Harbaugh Exclusive' thread (though i have not seen) is crazy. I got dinged on 'reputation' points earlier this week for stating how funny this whole speculation game was.....and one of the people basically said 'this is a rumor board - what do you expect?'. Accurate. That's all this is people. Unlike other sites, CF is free....want to see it go away?

I don't. Last time i checked, we're all (or almost all) huge fans of Iowa State.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16

Jeremy,
    You have a great site.
    Don't let 1% of the Morons get to you. Maybe you could try quicker banning of a bad user?? I Don't know.

Good job overall. Just don't let this site ruin your "money making" career.
    I wish people would understand that this is a great looking site and its free. In my opinion you can say what you want (to an extent).

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

if jeremy shuts down this site, where will you all go to bicker about cyclone athletics with such quick responses from fellow fans? exactly, quit bashing the site and others with different views (isnt that the whole point of discussions????) and keep this site going with some decency. Keep on Jeremy.