Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Why Harbaugh is a good fit

Seems like many are afraid that Jim would jump ship if he has success at ISU. I say that is fine. In todays world, we are seeing shorter and shorter tenures in coaching positions. There are a few who won't aspire to loftier spots -- mainly because they are already in a destination position, or they have some other level of attachment to the school.

I say there is pressure on JH to deliver at ISU if he ever aspires to go to Ann Arbor, etc. If we were to get 5-7 quality years from him, we'll be in position to make another great hire. If he stumbles, UM won't be beating down his door. He has to show the ability to assemble a quality staff, recruit D1 athletes and deliver on game day. He will have plenty of skin in the game.

I have no illusions that JH will retire after 20 years at ISU - but again, if he can put us in position to challenge in the North, we will also be in position to make another great hire if he does move on.

Either way -- I don't see this as potentially another Criner hire.

Rookie
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 2

Re: Why Harbaugh is a good fit

What proof is there that he can even coach? I can list several coaches at the non scholarship level who dominate their division. It doesn't mean they are great coaches for a DI football team.

I don't care what his name is. You guys will all want him and then when the initial happiness wears off, you will all wonder why he can't win like he does at San Diego. I have seen more references to them beating DRAKE than I can handle. You realize that some lower division teams in Iowa could beat Drake.

I don't want Harbough because he has done nothing at the DI scholarship football level and that is a huge fact that obviously many don't get. HMMM I wonder why no one has offered him even a coordinator job. I wonder.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Ummm? There is not one Div.3 school in the state that would beat Drake. Drake would destroy Central, Loras, etc..

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It's a risk, no doubt about it, but EVERY hire is somewhat of a risk. It just depends on how willing you are to gamble a bit on a higher payoff.

Rookie
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 2

Yeah, right. I've heard that before. Drake is no killer. My goodness, we're discussing how tough Drake is. LOL

Are you kidding me? I've seen some of their JV games against those teams' JV squads. LOL I'll stand by what I said earlier.

There are NAIA teams that could beat them. I have no doubt about that.

My goodness, you guys actually believe nonscholarship is the equivalent of playing scholarship DIAA schools.