Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 143,526, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,384
    Points
    143,526
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Apparently back issues creeping up again. Thankfully, Fields should be an improvement, despite his bad AAA numbers.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 24,962, Level: 48
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    MidwestZest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Decatur, IL
    Posts
    2,005
    Points
    24,962
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 26

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Josh Fields is one of the guys who will be the future of the organization. I just kinda feel bad for him being stuck in the minors for so long behind Joe. Crede's my favorite player - but i really do seeing him getting moved at the end of the year. Sox should be able to get good value for him since he's having a good year and was and all-star. .....assuming this back thing is only temporary......



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 143,526, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,384
    Points
    143,526
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestZest View Post
    Josh Fields is one of the guys who will be the future of the organization. I just kinda feel bad for him being stuck in the minors for so long behind Joe. Crede's my favorite player - but i really do seeing him getting moved at the end of the year. Sox should be able to get good value for him since he's having a good year and was and all-star. .....assuming this back thing is only temporary......
    I love Joe as much as the next guy, but his defense this year has been atrocious, and his bat has been lacking lately.

    That being said, I'd be a little surprised if Fields was still a Sox after July 31.

    Maybe we can convince the Jays to take Floyd, Fields and Poreda for Doc.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    That being said, I'd be a little surprised if Fields was still a Sox after July 31.
    Because you think he'll be a Knight or in another organization? I think we'd trade Poreda before Fields. But if it took both and the return would be Duchscherer and Streets, then goodbye Josh Fields.

    He slugged a mere .696 against lefties last year. Robertson tonight and Fields is 2-3 with a homer lifetime off of him. We could use a spark plug for this trip.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 24,962, Level: 48
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    MidwestZest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Decatur, IL
    Posts
    2,005
    Points
    24,962
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 26

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    I love Joe as much as the next guy, but his defense this year has been atrocious, and his bat has been lacking lately.

    That being said, I'd be a little surprised if Fields was still a Sox after July 31.
    Well, the thing about Joe is that he has gold glove capabilities - seeing him live at a game, it's amazing he's that quick for how slowly he runs the bases. I mean, guy can pick a ball anywhere. He DESERVES A GOLD GLOVE ..... 90% percent of the time. Well, that means he doesn't deserve it then, doesn't it. dang. :-) always been the downfall, and this year especially when he's putting up the power numbers to be considered. also leading 3rd basemen in errors - and not by a little.

    As for fields, I really hope we keep him in the organization. If not, we better get a LOT for him. He's worth more than quite a few of our current rosters members. I'd rather us keep him for the long run than try to squeeze in some deal for pitching this year to give us a closer shot at a good post season.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 143,526, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,384
    Points
    143,526
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by mwitt View Post
    Because you think he'll be a Knight or in another organization? I think we'd trade Poreda before Fields. But if it took both and the return would be Duchscherer and Streets, then goodbye Josh Fields.

    He slugged a mere .696 against lefties last year. Robertson tonight and Fields is 2-3 with a homer lifetime off of him. We could use a spark plug for this trip.
    If Justin Ducscherer is really plan C or D for this team like Joe Cowley says, I'd be surprised if he wasn't the main chip. However, with Crede gone after this year, he's still a guy I'm hesitant to deal unless we can get a talent back.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestZest View Post
    As for fields, I really hope we keep him in the organization. If not, we better get a LOT for him. He's worth more than quite a few of our current rosters members. I'd rather us keep him for the long run than try to squeeze in some deal for pitching this year to give us a closer shot at a good post season.
    I don't think we'll get the value back for Fields that we need unless KW is brewing up a blockbuster. he has a ton of value to our organization because of the Crede situation -- both the injury and looming free agency. We don't need to go into 09 looking for both a middle infielder and 3B.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    If Justin Ducscherer is really plan C or D for this team like Joe Cowley says, I'd be surprised if he wasn't the main chip. However, with Crede gone after this year, he's still a guy I'm hesitant to deal unless we can get a talent back.
    Plans A and B are probably Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar, respectively.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 143,526, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,384
    Points
    143,526
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by mwitt View Post
    I don't think we'll get the value back for Fields that we need unless KW is brewing up a blockbuster. he has a ton of value to our organization because of the Crede situation -- both the injury and looming free agency. We don't need to go into 09 looking for both a middle infielder and 3B.
    That leverage can work both ways, though. Say a team has targeted Fields, we can say "Hey, this guy is our 3b now and in the future. If we were to deal him, we can't give up much else".

    I'm willing to trade him in the right deal.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 24,962, Level: 48
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    MidwestZest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Decatur, IL
    Posts
    2,005
    Points
    24,962
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 26

    Re: Crede to DL, Fields Called Up

    Quote Originally Posted by mwitt View Post
    he has a ton of value to our organization because of the Crede situation -- both the injury and looming free agency.
    i think you hit in on the head. most importantly - think about mid-september (or heck, even postseason) without fields as an option. Is anybody REALLY gonna feel ok with Uribe at 3rd while we're trying to beat out the pirhanas and kitties for the division? or with him at 3rd while we make a postseason run? The answer is no. And we don't even have Ozuna anymore, who was pretty versatile, and a pretty good 3rd base backup. Quick. But no longer with up. I think not having ozuna makes it nearly impossible to trade fields.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM