Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

This is getting carried away

I'm sorry but I just have seen enough crap here lately that I can't hold back anymore. This board is a pretty pathetic thing to read lately and I have found myself not coming back as often or posting because of all the garbage that you have to sort through just to read anything decent. All you have to do is look at the front page and at least half of the threads have something to do with this mess going on in Iowa City and most of the posts are almost like everyone is happy this is happening or trying to find ways to drum up more media attention or complaining about why there isn't more media attention or "demanding" answers.

Jeremy, I appreciate everything you do and providing this site but is it really necessary to start up so many different threads on this every day including putting them front and center on the front page? IMO if I were a Hawkeye or even an outsider with no ties to either school reading this site right now I would probably think we are nothing but a bunch of classless idiots who are "celebrating" all of Iowa's misfortunes right now.

Who are we really helping here by disecting this thing down like we have and what do we gain by talking about it non-stop? It's being investigated and justice will be served but let the officials handling it do their jobs. I have a feeling the more media attention this gains the chances grow that we won't see this thing go to trial and something will be worked out just like the Pierre Pierce mess. I think its a shame how this situation was handled and I do hope they pursue it till the truth comes out and there is a reasonable resolution that comes out of it.

I can't wait for football season to start so we have something better to talk about then this situation with Iowa right now... But right now I am embarrassed and just sick with some of the things I've read and how some people have got too caught up in it. It's a shame I am finding myself so sick of it I almost don't want to come here sometimes to see what is being posted because it just saddens me how the quality of discussion has gone downhill in such a short time.

Go Cubs Go!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 17

Re: This is getting carried away

This is possibly the biggest scandal in the state of Iowa in decades.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

If there was just one or two threads about this, then someone would have to read 74 pages of posts to know what was going on.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 612
    Given: 2,460

I would disagree with this - simply use the forum list on the left-hand side. All of the info on this topic (which IS very important) is self-contained to the In-State Rivals thread. Simply don't look at that forum. Jeremy has even started specific threads to discuss this and keep it self-contained. I personally don't have any animosity towards Iowa - I don't care. I find this to be a gross injustice, however, and that's why I care. This is a big deal for the sports world and the state of Iowa.

Also - this is another thread about it.

M 7/09

Legend
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 280

I understand you pain, but if you want to change the flow, post something away from the topic and not another thread on it.

I am all for reading new and exciting things.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 27

It is like this every summer. You must have missed all the nascar threads of yesteryear. Seriously, I cannot wait for ISU topics to chat about, but right now, what is there to talk about? In a few weeks things will be back to normal.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pro
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 40

Is this you, or the Juice blogger (ie. owned by the Rag) talking here?

Cyclone
    Iowa State became the Cyclones after they leveled Northwestern in 1895. As the Chicago Tribune (9/29/1895) noted:
    'Struck by a Cyclone
    It Comes from Iowa and Devastates Evanston Town'

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I find it funny that people complain about the number of threads on a certain subject by starting a new thread complaining about that subject.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Hard View Post
    Is this you, or the Juice blogger (ie. owned by the Rag) talking here?

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post

Also - this is another thread about it.
    Yeah, that.

Last edited by ISUFan22; 07-23-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,267
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Congratulations on starting another worthless thread.

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I somewhat agree with Trav. I too will be happy when this is over

However, I will be only be happy if justice is done by the victim, and the people who made her life hell are held accountable.

Some things are more important that ISU athletics. This goes beyond our natural sports rivalry with iowa. Citizens have the responsibility to hold these people responsible. I won't deny that alot of people are pretty much giddy that it's happening to them. I might even go so far as to put myself almost in that category. But it's only because iowa has been so arrogant in that it was above the law and could hide these things away to keep the appearance of pristieness of their athletics program. It's simply horrific that such a terrible thing is what may blow the lid off "area 51" in the 319.

I'm only glad in that finally, this b.s. might actually end and that a university that has put their athletics ahead of their student finally is getting their due.

And I think we all realize full well, that if it weren't for blogs or message boards of this type - there are far fewer articles, u of i is saying nothing, and the BOR worried only about tomorrow's lunch order....

Last edited by DaddyMac; 07-23-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 243

Who are we really helping here by disecting this thing down like we have and what do we gain by talking about it non-stop?
    We are message board posters fool. That is what we do. Now I have to read this thread on the front page

We love seeing the enemy in missery. It's great to see our cross state rivals down in the dumps. They rubbed it in for 15 straight years. They celebrated in our face. They were top 10 3 years in a row and were talking about dynasty's and National Titles.

My damn desk at work got swarmed with hawkeye banners the day after they beat us.

We are Cyclones. We love Hawkeye missery. We love the look on Hawkeye fans faces when they Lose. The Hawkeye face is priceless.

So quit your complaining. There is nothing going on right now to talk about except Hawkeye missery. Have fun with it now. Not sure how much longer it will last.

Pro
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I don't think it's good the celebrate the situation in Iowa City because it's messed up. I also don't think more those fans of the school who want to act like nothing happened, or can't handle the truth......

If I were an alum of Iowa, I would want to know everything that's happening, and I'd be dissapointed if my school tried to cover up something like this for the image of the football team.

If something like this ever happened at Iowa State, I'd be critical of those administrators too....

This whole situation isn't fun to read about, but it affects all of us in different ways. If people feel the need to start threads and vent on this situation, then that's positive. It's better than getting in a fist fight in a bar or something.

If you don't like the posts, just start a cool thread, or don't read the threads about this incident. I often get tired of the Harrison Barnes fiasco. I just don't read any threads about it for a day or two, and then I'm good.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    We are message board posters fool. That is what we do. Now I have to read this thread on the front page

We love seeing the enemy in missery. It's great to see our cross state rivals down in the dumps. They rubbed it in for 15 straight years. They celebrated in our face. They were top 10 3 years in a row and were talking about dynasty's and National Titles.

My damn desk at work got swarmed with hawkeye banners the day after they beat us.

We are Cyclones. We love Hawkeye missery. We love the look on Hawkeye fans faces when they Lose. The Hawkeye face is priceless.

So quit your complaining. There is nothing going on right now to talk about except Hawkeye missery. Have fun with it now. Not sure how much longer it will last.
    Pretty much one of the worst posts of the day/week.