Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Hey Jeremy

I remember back when Wayne Morgan was let go, afterwords you were on daily sometimes multiple post about the coaching search, rumors, and info that you had dug up. I have to admit it was quite a ride. This time with DMac stepping down I thought there would be even more activity but I havent seen nearly the volume I expected from you. So I have to ask whats up? Change in policy? Not as much going on? Or, did you get to much heat from the establishment the first time around? Perhaps with the way this site has grown and gained more exposure you arent able to report some of the things you are learning. Please don't take this as a complaint just merely curious.

BTW I love what this Cyclone site has grown into.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 127

Re: Hey Jeremy

It's really a combination of several factors, none of which are bad. The site has grown so I have to be more careful but also things are being kept very closely to JP's chest. Those that are working with him don't really have any idea what he's doing in regards to the search just because he's not telling anybody for the most part. Also, there are some decoys being put out and it takes more time to get confirmation on things just because of all the names and rumors out there already. I'm trying:)

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    It's really a combination of several factors, none of which are bad. The site has grown so I have to be more careful but also things are being kept very closely to JP's chest. Those that are working with him don't really have any idea what he's doing in regards to the search just because he's not telling anybody for the most part. Also, there are some decoys being put out and it takes more time to get confirmation on things just because of all the names and rumors out there already. I'm trying:)
    Jeremy,

You got to love your timing on this site! Think about it, 3 major coaching changes right when you launch your site. Again my congratulations on this site. It is awesome.

URBCLONE

Speechless
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 491
    Given: 262

I get the feeling this one is going to come out of left field and surprise everyone.

Starter
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I am with you Cyclonepride. I think it is gonna be a complete surprise. I think the person and the timing will be a surprise. I don't know who but I don't think it will be someone mentioned so far.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by timc243 View Post
    I am with you Cyclonepride. I think it is gonna be a complete surprise. I think the person and the timing will be a surprise. I don't know who but I don't think it will be someone mentioned so far.
    Must be Ditka or Parcells.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

I'm just hoping that all of this delay with announcing a new coach isn't problematic. In other words I hope he's not being turned down left & right.

I'm guessing the new coach is seeing if he can gather his team of coaches to relocate to Ames. But I am praying along with the rest of you that this decision will just wow the crap out of us!

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

JP sure makes the process interesting. This whole idea of decoys is pretty wild. I feel likes it's an episode of 24. Regardless, I know he's going to get the best person for the job.

On a side note, when's the last time you remember an athletic director getting so much applause whenever he's announced?

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    I'm just hoping that all of this delay with announcing a new coach isn't problematic. In other words I hope he's not being turned down left & right.

I'm guessing the new coach is seeing if he can gather his team of coaches to relocate to Ames. But I am praying along with the rest of you that this decision will just wow the crap out of us!
    I don't think there's been much delay at all. If it lasts much into the off-season, I'll start to get concerned. I expect to either hear an announcement shortly before the MU game, or shortly after. I wouldn't be surprised if JP has an answer before MU that he waits to announce it so he doesn't take anything away from Mac's last game.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Yea i imagine we will find out Monday following the Missouri game. So that should be exciting...

Starter
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

What Delay??? You Don't Understand How the Process Works!

Out of respect for Mac & this years team, the new coach won't be named until after the season is over.

Second, no college head or assistant coach is going to detract from what his team is currently doing by announcing that he has accepted the ISU job during the college regular season. Quite a few teams play the weekend after T-giving so just because ISU's season ends in a week doesn't mean that's the case with all schools. If a prospective coaches team is playing in their conference championship game, then I'd be surprised if the announcement wouldn't be further delayed. Remember what happened to OU when Mike Stoops jumped ship.

Anything that happens between now & until after the Mizzou game will happen behind the scenes. I would be surprised if the new coach is announced before T-giving and I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple weeks after the season is over.

Last edited by isucy86; 11-12-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: What Delay??? You Don't Understand How the Process Works!

Quote Originally Posted by isucy86 View Post
    ...Second, no college head or assistant coach is going to detract from what his team is currently doing by announcing that he has accepted the ISU job during the college regular season...
    What did Mac just do? ...no matter what your answer, isn't that along the same lines?

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: What Delay??? You Don't Understand How the Process Works!

What did Mac just do? ...no matter what your answer, isn't that along the same lines?
    I think that annoucment was done to hopefully gain some positvity to this program for the last two games.

Consider all the individuals who have been asking for change and creating a sort of negative vibe around the program. But now with the resignation, the excitment of who is next, and the respect of saying goodbye have brought what could have been a very lonely last game, to maybe one of the largest.

Now i would agree that the other coach of either pro or college would not grab attention away from their program nor ours. An annoucement of who the next ISU coach before the last game would be disrespectfull to Mac and the current football team. The new coach will have his moments in the future, there is no need to start next week.

In my mind, Jami P already knows. He has talked to the guy and an agreement has been made verbally. Now it is just the time to wrap everything up contract wise, and getting the coaching staff together. I bet you as much as he wants to keep quiet, JP is just itching to let the news out and get some more excitment back into Ames.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

very well said... THANX!

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

very well said... THANX!
    Ditka for coach? Ditka for president! Right.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks