Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 30

San Diego info needed!

My wife and I just decided last night we are heading to San Diego on Wednesday - Sunday. Niether of us have ever been. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do(we are a young couple) and what area to stay. Thanks a lot

Swarm & Punish
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 383

Re: San Diego info needed!

are you a history buff? Action buff? sit around and relax buff?

-keep

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I highly recommend taking a few hours and strolling through Balboa Park. For nightlife, the gas-lamp district is a good place.

Rookie
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    are you a history buff? Action buff? sit around and relax buff?

-keep
    I like it all, but, my wife will be more into the action and relaxing stuff.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

I lived there for 3 years. I should be able to help you a little bit I hope.

Places to see:

Balboa park is pretty cool. The museums are pretty neat also, they are near the Zoo. Zoo is ok, if you do it, get the pass for the bus ride. It is a neat tour and you get to see most of the animals real fast that way.

Seaworld is interesting. I liked it. Point Loma is worth seeing. It is the lighthouse for the harbor. Great views of downtown San Diego, really pretty. Make sure and go down by the ocean here. There are some neat pools full of starfish and stuff.

There is the San Diego trolley tour. Definitely worth doing your first day there. Takes you all around the city. You can park down by the harbor and get on it there. Also, there is usually a navy ship there that you can tour. In this area, there is also a harbor cruise. I found visitors liked this also.

Drinking and dining: Downtown is great. Almost all the gaslamp restaurants are good. Some fun bars down here also. The Bitter End was my favorite. There is a seafood place called blue something. Really great. Make sure and go over to Coronado a time or two. Eat over there at the Rhinoceros cafe. Great food, really neat setting. Old Town has great Mexican food. I liked the Coyote Cafe. Also, head up to the Pacific Beach, La Jolla area. Great beaches here. The Fishery has great food. Wonderful Seafood. You should stay in this part of town anyhow to get the real feel of San Diego. There is a Holiday Inn Express that had affordable rates and a great ocean view.

Holiday Inn Express LA JOLLA Hotels | LA JOLLA | Welcome

Make sure and get a travelling lunch and eat down by the Sea Lions. Great experience. Also, do lunch at a place in Pacific Beach called Chalkboard Deli. It is on Garnet Avenue. Do lunch downtown at SeaPort Village. Great Deli there. Walk around to some neat shops. Also walk to the nearby Hyatt and head to the top. Great views of the city.

My advice: Rent a car. Maybe a convertible. Very useful in seeing all of San Diego. Orange County is a short drive away. Let me know if you have any other questions. I will post here if I think of anything else.