Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 3

This isn't correct is it?

So I was reading the online addition of the Des Moines Register and came across this article from our favorite writer T. Witosky. In his article about season ticket sales he says the following:

"Hillside tickets now are being sold for $60 each, but other tickets for the game can be obtained as part of a three-game package for $99 that comes with a $20 gift certificate from Applebee's restaurants. Earlier this year, Cyclone officials said they intended to implement the same policy for the Nebraska game as the one used for last year's Iowa-Iowa State matchup - when admission to the game could be purchased only as part of a season ticket."

I thought you could always buy hillside tickets for the Nebraska game?

College football tickets take hit from high gas prices | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

Addict
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,539
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 137

Re: This isn't correct is it?

I think Hillside was always an option as well.

#BEATIOWA

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 98

Why is this such a big deal. They need to send Tom to IC to look into that mess instead of looking into ISU's ticket policy. The Reg is worred about ISU screwing a few Nebraska fans but not worried about IC football players doing the same to unwilling women.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 39

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneDaddy View Post
    So I was reading the online addition of the Des Moines Register and came across this article from our favorite writer T. Witosky. In his article about season ticket sales he says the following:

"Hillside tickets now are being sold for $60 each, but other tickets for the game can be obtained as part of a three-game package for $99 that comes with a $20 gift certificate from Applebee's restaurants. Earlier this year, Cyclone officials said they intended to implement the same policy for the Nebraska game as the one used for last year's Iowa-Iowa State matchup - when admission to the game could be purchased only as part of a season ticket."

I thought you could always buy hillside tickets for the Nebraska game?

College football tickets take hit from high gas prices | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register
    I believe that individual Nebraska tickets could only be bought for the hillsides for $60. Now they can be purchased as a part of the 3-game mini-pack for $99 plus the Ticketmaster ticket fee of $10.50. Pollard's policy always has been that individual reserved tickets would not be sold for Nebraska. That policy is still being followed. However Pollard never inferred that the Nebraska game will be part of a 3 game mini-pack and instead forced many to buy the full season ticket package if they wanted to see the Nebraska game.

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

I see the Des Moines Red Star is only covering the hard hitting issues.

Too bad there is so much dirt to dig up at ISU about ticket sales, and nothing to be assigning a reporter to do in Iowa City, instead....

I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

Rookie
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 18

To be fair their are 2 monster stories in the Reg today. The first is headlined on page 1 and followed up on page 8 that uses the whole page. Page 9 is the story about Culver calling on the Regents to get involved and uses the whole page.

Wow! There are some unbelievable events here. That stuff about the victim being harrassed by the athletes and other students is over the top.

:) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Splendid View Post
    To be fair their are 2 monster stories in the Reg today. The first is headlined on page 1 and followed up on page 8 that uses the whole page. Page 9 is the story about Culver calling on the Regents to get involved and uses the whole page.

Wow! There are some unbelievable events here. That stuff about the victim being harrassed by the athletes and other students is over the top.
    To be fair? Running someone else's stories after they've already been broken by everyone else, ten months after the fact is supposed to be ethical reporting???

I'm not impressed by the Rag/Red Star, whatever you want to call it. Their failure to even look perfunctorily into this just dug their hole deeper, in my book.

I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 11

If you actually go to the Rag's site, on 1st glance you would think that you had accidentally went to Juice's crappy lil'site.

I find it almost offensive to go to a newspaper's site and have to click a tab to get to the "news." Not that there will be any quality stuff once you get there. So I just don't read the DMRag anymore, online or in print.

"The bass, the rock,
    The mic, the treble,
    I like my coffee black,
    Just like my metal."

Rookie
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 18

Yeah they didn't put Witosky on this story which makes me suspitious. To be honest the Johnston County district attorney Janet Lyness is an IU alum and has been behind the repeated supressions of evidence, are any BOR not graduates of IU and the only one digging into this is the Iowa City Press Citizen and I'll bet money the editor is not an Iowa graduate.

Last edited by Splendid; 07-20-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    :) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!