Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 17
    This link will describe the football rule changes more accurately than I ever could. In a nutshell, the NCAA is now allowing football coaches to challenge an official's ruling on the field once a game.

Link

For basketball the NCAA is requiring that game clocks display tenths of a second and requiring shot clocks to be mounted on the backboards for all Division II and Division III schools. Also, if a player is falling out of bounds or falling into the backcourt they cannot call a timeout to save possession. (I think most of this is old news to everybody, but it's all new to me.)

I have mixed feelings about instant replay in college football. Everybody wants the right calls, but do we really need coaches throwing challenge flags? I liked the way instant replay was handled last year. If the officials on the field messed up, the official in the booth caught it and most of the time, it was corrected. What was wrong with the way everything ran last year?

Also, I like the new rule for basketball and I was just wondering what everybody else thought of the minor changes.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wes &#064; Jun 1 2006, 10&#58;15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I have mixed feelings about instant replay in college football. Everybody wants the right calls, but do we really need coaches throwing challenge flags? I liked the way instant replay was handled last year. If the officials on the field messed up, the official in the booth caught it and most of the time, it was corrected. What was wrong with the way everything ran last year?
    [/b][/quote]

I remember Lloyd Carr (Michigan) having to burn at least 2 timeouts during the Alamo Bowl against Nebraska in order to give the replay booth more time to review a play in question, and in turn, make the correct ruling. Carr nearly came unglued.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I think that the timeout rule in basketball is stupid.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I agree about the BB timeout change, it takes away some excitement from the game.

As far as the coaches challenge I support it 100%. I think there are times when it&#39;s needed and coaches won&#39;t waste a timeout if they don&#39;t think it&#39;s a good chance they will overturn the call.