Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Questions for ISU fans....

Pollard has made wholesale changes in the athletic department in a very short period of time. The Athletic department definantly has his stamp all over it. Couple of questions....

1.) How does everyone feel about the season ticket and donation price increases, especially following a year in which you may not win a conference game and you will likely be the preseason 6th place team in the north next year. How does that sit with everone and do you think you'll reach 30,000 season ticket holders again?

2.) How many years does the new head coach get to reach Pollards's set goals? 3 years? 4 years? and will the fanbase be patient enough or will a revolving door of head coaches begin at ISU if the goals aren't reached fast enough?

Just trying to get the ISU fans perspective.

POOTMFS
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Questions for ISU fans....

Jamie, is that you?

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well, Jamie the only way to market this next year is to have the same game plan and market getting the 30,000 + with the same $99 end zone and $149 in the corners using the good schedule for home games as a bonus too. Then once we have a "proven" better product to market you can get your extra dough.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

well most fans are realistic and understand that these price increases really should have happened 3-4 years ago. So the timing is just bad, but we're buying hope next year with every ticket we purchase, so i for one, don't have any problem with.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

The season ticket and donation increases are necessary for ISU to continue to improve. Jamie is just trying to get us up to par with the averages within the conference. ISU fans have been lucky in the past to have things such as very cheap or free parking around the stadium. Plus, if no one is pushed to increase their donation levels, they will be content with where they are at, and ISU will not be able to continue to increase the budget of the athletic department. Jamie is a great AD and understands how to get people out of their comfort levels to help ISU. So far I have complete confidence in what he is doing and haven't seen anything to question his decisions in doing what is best for ISU.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by NU Follower View Post
    1.) How does everyone feel about the season ticket and donation price increases, especially following a year in which you may not win a conference game and you will likely be the preseason 6th place team in the north next year. How does that sit with everone and do you think you'll reach 30,000 season ticket holders again?

2.) How many years does the new head coach get to reach Pollards's set goals? 3 years? 4 years? and will the fanbase be patient enough or will a revolving door of head coaches begin at ISU if the goals aren't reached fast enough?
    1) While I don't think a lot of people like having to pay more, I think most fans realize that it is necessary to move the program forward and like the fact that Pollard is doing everything he can to do that. I think there is a decent chance to sell 30,000 again next year with the excitement surrounding a new coach and the strong home schedule.

2) I think he gets at least 4-5 years (a complete recruiting cycle). I don't foresee any kind of revolving door situation. It will of course depend on how the fans percieve the coaching on the field. If Blythe comes off the field in the red zone constantly again next year I will not be pleased.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I don't think a few extra bucks per game is such a bad idea. $5 x 30,000 Fans equals an extra $150,000 per game.

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,958
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 37

I feel it is necissary to get the program rolling. Jamie has some big ideas for the Athletics at ISU. I don't think his initial plan was to get rid of Mac. It just kind of happened because he felt he was going to lose support. In a lot of ways now, this places a lot of responsibility on the fans as well as himself. He is showing ISU fans that he will not tolerate losing. Now, it's our job as ISU fans to back him financially and say we are not willing to settle for it either.

I really see the next two years as a test for ISU. If we want success we are going to have to get behind our programs both in ticket sales and financial support. If we don't, I'm not sure how long JP will be willing to stick around. I'd be really surprised if there isn't a whole lot of Buzz at ISU by next football season. Hopefullly everyone else at ISU feels like me and is willing to give that support. It's time to stop saying money is why we lose and change that to money is why we win. Personally, I feel we are in for the ride of a Lifetime.

Starter
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

They need to have Borat leading the cheers before the game instead of Jeff Johnston....

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82

In my opinion we will not sell 30000 season tickest next year, nor will we fire the incoming coach before 5 years. Doing so would be career suicide for Jamie as well in my opinion, because then his wholesale changes will not have worked.

If we do sell 30000 season tickets next year, he will not only be a success at AD so far, he would be a marketing genius.

Rookie
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 609
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

People will come to the games next year due to the awesome home schedule and we will do well on the finance side with concessions from Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma coming to town. All 3 with 60,000+ in attendance. I personally think we will see 30,000+ season ticket holders in the next few years..we were bad in basketball under Morgan and this year we have over 9600 season ticket holders. We get excited over changes like this.

I think 4 years is plenty of time to put a stamp on the program.

Rookie
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 609
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedcm View Post
    They need to have Borat leading the cheers before the game instead of Jeff Johnston....
    great post...you can hear JJ from the parking lot screaming

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    In my opinion we will not sell 30000 season tickest next year, nor will we fire the incoming coach before 5 years. Doing so would be career suicide for Jamie as well in my opinion, because then his wholesale changes will not have worked.

If we do sell 30000 season tickets next year, he will not only be a success at AD so far, he would be a marketing genius.
    Don't think we will either but I was talking about $5 extra for each ticket and if we average 30,000 fans to show up to each game that would be an extra 900,000 in revenue for 6 home games.

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,958
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 37

to answer question 2:

I'd say a complete recruiting cycle. As long as improvement is being shown each year. I think after a couple of years though, we will be expecting more than 7 wins every couple of years. I'd say seven will be our benchmark number and what we expect as a minimum year in and year out. Of course we will have a bad year here and there, but looking at an 0-fer in the Big XII 2 out of 4 years after the coach is established will once again be unacceptable. A down year is one thing, but, not competing in your conference games at all is another.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Next question?

Will everyone continue to buy into what Jamie is doing if/when ISU goes 3-9/4-8 again next year follow by a 4-8/5-7 season?

My personal opinion is that Jamie will be gone in 4 years. I don't see ISU winning more that 5 games in either of the next 2 years. With Jamie's expectations (ie financial giving from fans and wins from ISU), something will have to give. Just my 2 cents.

I got blasted for predicting a 6-6 to 4-8 season for you this year. Next year will be worse, and if the recruiting doesn't get dramatically better, you are in for some more long seasons.