it's happening
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: it's happening

  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 11,543, Level: 32
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Juggercy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    949
    Points
    11,543
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    it's happening

    well i thought i could not get the early urge for some football but its starting to happen now I am totally ready for some FOOTBALL!!!




  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 44,913, Level: 65
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,129
    Points
    44,913
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggercy View Post
    well i thought i could not get the early urge for some football but its starting to happen now I am totally ready for some FOOTBALL!!!
    it'll subside after Kent State beats us by two scores...



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 177,360, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,494
    Points
    177,360
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 531
    Given: 82

    Re: it's happening

    my buddy and I were talking about this yesterday. I can't wait to get to ames for that Thursday night!



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 51,058, Level: 69
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,058
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: it's happening

    I'm ready to show up for that game at noon...



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 407,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,047
    Points
    407,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 602

    Re: it's happening

    If we lose to Kent State, it will be like the last season starting all over. I think we will win.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 76,794, Level: 86
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Khorasan
    Posts
    5,111
    Points
    76,794
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    it'll subside after Kent State beats us by two scores...
    Bitter much?

    I don't see Chizik and company being unprepared for the season. I think we're going to see execution on both offense and defense from the very beginning, and for the second time in recent ISU history, you are going to see an O line that "fires off the ball".


    I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 135,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,339
    Points
    135,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Bitter much?
    He's not being bitter.

    Anyone who is an ISU football fan is just a little bit jaded by years of unsuccess and the worst outcomes generally being the most likely ones.

    I think "tempered expectations" may be the more rational way to go into this season based on past results ... even though the true fan in us all is just sure this is the year it all turns around.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,918, Level: 63
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    3,703
    Points
    41,918
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 1

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    He's not being bitter.

    Anyone who is an ISU football fan is just a little bit jaded by years of unsuccess and the worst outcomes generally being the most likely ones.

    I think "tempered expectations" may be the more rational way to go into this season based on past results ... even though the true fan in us all is just sure this is the year it all turns around.
    I think you guys are all setting the bar too low......

    Think this :)



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 76,794, Level: 86
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Khorasan
    Posts
    5,111
    Points
    76,794
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by HandSanitizer View Post
    I think you guys are all setting the bar too low......

    Think this :)
    I've been an Iowa State fan since 1968. And I have been thinking about the undefeated national championship season each and every season since then.

    I went there for school, I married an Iowa Stater, from an Iowa State family, and both of my daughters are going there for their undergrad degrees.

    Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I just cannot get down about ISU football. I mean, it's football, it's at ISU, what's not to like?

    Someday, it will come. I know there must be a pony in here, somewhere!!!!!!


    I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 879,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,629
    Points
    879,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,929
    Given: 2,349

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I've been an Iowa State fan since 1968. And I have been thinking about the undefeated national championship season each and every season since then.

    I went there for school, I married an Iowa Stater, from an Iowa State family, and both of my daughters are going there for their undergrad degrees.

    Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I just cannot get down about ISU football. I mean, it's football, it's at ISU, what's not to like?

    Someday, it will come. I know there must be a pony in here, somewhere!!!!!!
    Amen!!

    We should crank up some Sweet Caroline right now, just to get ready!!!!!!!


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 29,152, Level: 52
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    scottie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,564
    Points
    29,152
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: it's happening

    I thought this thread was going to be about stadium improvements to the south endzone....nonetheless, im so pumped for football coming up
    Posted via Mobile Device



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 343,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,600
    Points
    343,384
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 563
    Given: 356

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    it'll subside after Kent State beats us by two scores...
    I'm all for tempered enthusiasm, but this was pretty definitive that not only would Kent State beat us - but by 2 scores.

    If we lose to Kent State again, it'll be a very long season, a possibly insurmountable task to make ISU a winner and I'd wonder just how long Gene Chizik's tenure will be in Ames.

    That said, I can't wait for August 28th. It's the only game worth talking about right now. ;)



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,918, Level: 63
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    3,703
    Points
    41,918
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 1

    Re: it's happening

    Football is harder to win a championship than any other sport because its a popularity contest and a lot of luck, but look at teams like Boise State, Rutgers, Kansas and Mizzou. KU or Mizzou almost made it this year.
    The recipe for a national championship is 3-4 good years in a row (something like Iowa HAD). The following year you have a bunch of people coming back and a lot of good newcomers. Lets pretend we start the year ranked 14th in the AP and we have this years schedule. I would think we would absolutely Roll through this non-conference schedule. We get A&M, Nebraska, KU at Home. This would be fun to watch play out. This isn't a Kool-aid post, I am just having some fun.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,918, Level: 63
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    3,703
    Points
    41,918
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 1

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I'm all for tempered enthusiasm, but this was pretty definitive that not only would Kent State beat us - but by 2 scores.

    If we lose to Kent State again, it'll be a very long season, a possibly insurmountable task to make ISU a winner and I'd wonder just how long Gene Chizik's tenure will be in Ames.

    That said, I can't wait for August 28th. It's the only game worth talking about right now. ;)
    If we lose to Kent State ever again under Chizik I would be very suprised. We looked lightyears beyond the crap we saw in the first few games at the end of the season. Guys bought it and started to figure out the playbook. Remember all this was new to everyone last season. all that in mind, it still is only year 2.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 343,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,600
    Points
    343,384
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 563
    Given: 356

    Re: it's happening

    Quote Originally Posted by HandSanitizer View Post
    If we lose to Kent State ever again under Chizik I would be very suprised. We looked lightyears beyond the crap we saw in the first few games at the end of the season. Guys bought it and started to figure out the playbook. Remember all this was new to everyone last season. all that in mind, it still is only year 2.
    Exactly. We should never again look as inept as we did early last year. Inept is sugar coating it too.

    I expect us to be at least 3-1 after the first four games - nothing less - with a decent shot at 4-0.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM