Dear God Tirrell, shut the F&$* up!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Dear God Tirrell, shut the F&$* up!

Jamie Pollard did not get Dan McCarney fired! Why? Because he put a damn billboard up in Cedar Rapids? Give it up. He stirred up enthusiasm. He got 30,000 season tix sold. He got 55K in the seats twice. Dan not winning got him fired. 6 or 7 wins was totally to be expected this year. 8 or 9 was do-able. 3 wins is hell and gone from that.

How about, instead of blaming JP and the "media" - as if you're not part of it, you look in the mirror Mouth-boy.

Who set the over-under for the Iowa/Iowa State wins at 17 or 18 (whatever it was)? I don't think it was JP.

You are every bit responsible, if not more, than JP for raising and flamming expectations.

God what an idiot.

Rookie
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Dear God Tirrell, shut the F&$* up!

Preach Brotha'

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Not that I am a fan of M&M but how did Marty personally have anything to do with it? From what I can tell he's backed Mac up time and time again and even before the season he thought if Mac won only 3 games he's still be around for another season. Yeah he's probably over-reacting some but even the most narrow-minded fan has to see that he does have some valid points.

I think we as fans need to shoulder some of the blame because all you have to do is look at this messageboard to find tons of negativity and posts calling for Mac way back in the beginning of the season even. If it were for such a public outcry and instead a stronger push not to fire Mac then maybe we wouldn't be in this position. JP seems to side with the fans views more often than you think and I'm sure the division of fans probably made an impact on this as well.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Whats really funny, he gets louder when somebody (everybody!) says to shut up about it.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 934
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Jamie Pollard did not get Dan McCarney fired! Why? Because he put a damn billboard up in Cedar Rapids? Give it up. He stirred up enthusiasm. He got 30,000 season tix sold. He got 55K in the seats twice. Dan not winning got him fired. 6 or 7 wins was totally to be expected this year. 8 or 9 was do-able. 3 wins is hell and gone from that.

How about, instead of blaming JP and the "media" - as if you're not part of it, you look in the mirror Mouth-boy.

Who set the over-under for the Iowa/Iowa State wins at 17 or 18 (whatever it was)? I don't think it was JP.

You are every bit responsible, if not more, than JP for raising and flamming expectations.

God what an idiot.
    Wow, his show is still on the air? Why do you listen to such drivel? The guy has "eye" problems- "I know this guy, I know that guy, I did this, yada yada yada"

Do yourself a favor and quit listening to him-I did months ago and my drive home is much more pleasant

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Not that I am a fan of M&M but how did Marty personally have anything to do with it? From what I can tell he's backed Mac up time and time again and even before the season he thought if Mac won only 3 games he's still be around for another season. Yeah he's probably over-reacting some but even the most narrow-minded fan has to see that he does have some valid points.

I think we as fans need to shoulder some of the blame because all you have to do is look at this messageboard to find tons of negativity and posts calling for Mac way back in the beginning of the season even. If it were for such a public outcry and instead a stronger push not to fire Mac then maybe we wouldn't be in this position. JP seems to side with the fans views more often than you think and I'm sure the division of fans probably made an impact on this as well.
    He wanted JP to take some of the blame for the poor season due to the billboard and the hype.

Its not the fact that he mentioned it, its that he won't let it go. He threw a temper tantrum yesterday on the air about it.

Starter
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

agreed. marty is an idiot. when i listen to the program i just feel sorry for miller. i mean he has to deal with a guy who is more concerned about screaming on air and coming up with stupid "theories" than actually doing his job. unless, of course, his job is to be the idiot on the program and make every caller sound smarter than him. then i'd say he's doing great

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by herbicide View Post
    He wanted JP to take some of the blame for the poor season due to the billboard and the hype.

Its not the fact that he mentioned it, its that he won't let it go. He threw a temper tantrum yesterday on the air about it.
    I heard the tantrum yesterday and about laughed cuz he was getting all worked up. I agree though, the hype thing is a stretch but you can make a point that JP gave into the criticism and fan/public outcry too soon possibly before he made this decision. We aren't even done with the season and could potentially be 5-7 and in the big picture that is a setback but not the end of the world.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Marty is the clown that they throw on there just to get people's attention and get worked up. He brings absolutely nothing to the show other than ignorance and hot air.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

All-Star
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    I think we as fans need to shoulder some of the blame because all you have to do is look at this messageboard to find tons of negativity and posts calling for Mac way back in the beginning of the season even. If it were for such a public outcry and instead a stronger push not to fire Mac then maybe we wouldn't be in this position.
    We are not to blame. No fans wanted Dan to coach to bad records so that he could be fired. We can't have two winless conference seasons in 4 years.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ericlambi View Post
    We are not to blame. No fans wanted Dan to coach to bad records so that he could be fired. We can't have two winless conference seasons in 4 years.

I thought there were 2 games left on the schedule, 5-7 is a possibility, althought perhaps a small one. We cannot be winless throughout the whole confrence season until theseason is over.

I am Not blaming the fans, just pointing out the fact.

All-Star
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BigDISU1 View Post
    I thought there were 2 games left on the schedule, 5-7 is a possibility, althought perhaps a small one. We cannot be winless throughout the whole confrence season until theseason is over.

I am Not blaming the fans, just pointing out the fact.
    It is obvious there are two games left. Given the trajectory we were on before Dmac's resignation, it seems very unlikely we would have won one of our remaining games. With Dmac's resignation announced, who knows what will happen, but if they do win one or both of the remaining games, then I will attribute it to the resignation.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ericlambi View Post
    It is obvious there are two games left. Given the trajectory we were on before Dmac's resignation, it seems very unlikely we would have won one of our remaining games. With Dmac's resignation announced, who knows what will happen, but if they do win one or both of the remaining games, then I will attribute it to the resignation.

It got me thinking what if we go out the next 2 weeks and just lay an absoulte a** kicking to colorado and mizzou. I suppose anything is possible, howerver unlikely. I think things would really start to get crazy around here. I wonder if some would ask from Dan to not resign?

Ok, just typing what I am thinking, and off topic, ill stop now...

Rookie
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7

Why do you listen if he makes you so upset? Myself, I have found plenty of podcasts to listen to get my sports fix.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

he's going at it again!!!

Let it go!!!

By the way, I listen to the show for the news and tidbits. They just had a recorded interview with Brewster. He PC denied contact, but thr Bronco's press relations person knew why the reporter was there....