Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 221

7/6 Cap City games

I watched the entire first game and the first half of the second game. Considering the fact that no ISU players showed up until halftime of the first game and only two players were there for the second game, I think I should receive a medal for staying as long as I did. Here is what I saw:

Brackins: played only in second half. His game looks exactly like it did at the end of last year. Made a few nice shots and forced up a few others.

Buckley: played only in second half. This is the 3rd time I have seen him play this summer, and every game he starts out really quiet and I forget that he is out there. Then, after about 10 minutes he starts to get into the flow. Tonight he had a couple nice penetrations and finishes and showed that he has a nice 3 point shot. I don't see him beating out Petey or Diante for the starting job anytime soon, but I think he will be good for us down the line.

JVB: no show--kind of stinks that he is the only Clone on his team so he probably doesn't have anyone to carpool with.

Sean Haluska--looks just like he did last year in the middle of the season. He hit a few outside shots and had a few that almost went down.

Pomlee--this guy is such a raw talent. He had high energy on the boards and on defense, but he is still not in shape enough to play for long stretches of time. He is pretty much always out of position, though sometimes he is able to make up for it with pure athleticism. On offense, I cringe if he tries to do anything but put back a rebound. It will be interesting to see what Coach Mac can do to develop him into a legitimate big 12 player. If he plays this year I imagine he will come off the bench for some flashes of intensity.

Eik--no show.

AT--no show.

Since there were hardly any Cyclones there I spent a lot of time watching the other players. Everytime someone made a nice shot or a good play I would look up the players name and discover they go to Drake. They sure have a lot of talent coming back. We will find out right away whether their new coach is worth anything.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 2

Re: 7/6 Cap City games

Thanks for the update!

Addict
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 237

We missed the 1st game, but why did Brackins play on another team?!? The roster that is stuck on the MBB page says he shoulda played the 3rd game? We were expecting to see him in the last game.

LA needs some conditioning and coaching. He looks like he getting into better shape, but not the endurance yet. Out of position on rebounds. We saw him yesterday in Dport, and then tonight we saw him with his family, including his younger brother, whom hopefully we are continuing to recruit.

Haluska has a VERY hot girlfriend, but he also played well. Hopefully he can have a better start than last year.

Diante played alright but his jumper really needs work.

BP looked like he's in better shape tha last year.

Christopherson seems like he could slim down a little bit. It might help with his quickness. His legs are like tree trunks, not always good for a guard. He's not overweight at all, just needs a lil less mass.

Those are about the only ISU players i saw. I didnt expect many since it was a holiday weekend. They only played 6 on 6 the last game, at least until i left at half.

#BEATIOWA

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Haluska has a VERY hot girlfriend...
    I take it you don't follow the Twister Sisters...
    His girlfriend is Shellie Mosman

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 41

There is a difference in following the Twister Sisters and being able to recognize them in public imo...I knew the name just didn't know who she was in person...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 751

6 on 6? Could they cross the mid-court line?

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Nedrick View Post
    I take it you don't follow the Twister Sisters...
    His girlfriend is Shellie Mosman
    She is also a HUGE reason why Sean walked on at ISU instead of taking a 'ship at other schools.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

He made a good decision

Starter
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

It seems like guys who play Divislon 1 basketball, in the Big 12, should dominate a league like this. I know we are a few years away, but hearing reports like this is disappointing. I have never been to a Cap City game, maybe the competition is really good. I read posts that ask if CB will go Pro after this year; I would think if that is even remotely possible he would score at will in this league. Maybe someone who actually goes to these games can enlighten me.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 76

Quote Originally Posted by tee1up View Post
    It seems like guys who play Divislon 1 basketball, in the Big 12, should dominate a league like this. I know we are a few years away, but hearing reports like this is disappointing. I have never been to a Cap City game, maybe the competition is really good. I read posts that ask if CB will go Pro after this year; I would think if that is even remotely possible he would score at will in this league. Maybe someone who actually goes to these games can enlighten me.
    They are also playing against DSM area high school players. When I hear that some of our guys "disappear" for stretches in these games I get a little uneasy. Don't get me wrong Drake has some talented players and some of the other players are talented as well but our guys should be dominating the league. Maybe they are, I've never been to one.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 249

Quote Originally Posted by tee1up View Post
    The Cap City league might be useful for helping Div I major conference guards and shooting forwards develop, but it is completely useless for helping Div I major conference post players and power forwards develop.

As for CB, he has a long way to go before he's at the level where isn't getting pwned by Big 12 power forwards/centers, let alone going pro...

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    The Cap City league might be useful for helping Div I major conference guards and shooting forwards develop, but it is completely useless for helping Div I major conference post players and power forwards develop.

As for CB, he has a long way to go before he's at the level where isn't getting pwned by Big 12 power forwards/centers, let alone going pro...

You might have a point about power forwards, but I think the league is a good way for our new players to get their feet wet and get to know the veterans a little better. And of course, the league didn't seem to hurt Drake's development last year!

P.S. does anyone remember if Emmenecker played in the Cap City league last year?

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 887

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post

Obviously you never saw how Hixson at NC State, or Speights, Florida's center, played last season--and both were first rounders.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I really don't know much about this league but from reading about it here it sounds as though it is really just glorified pick-up ball.

Assuming that is the case, you need to remember that this sort of environment is really guard oriented which means that guards sometimes shine more than they ultimately will in a structured game and big guys will tend to disappear more than they ultimately will in a structured game.

It doesn't sound like the level of competition is very stellar (certainly not Big 12 caliber) but it is better to be playing than to not be playing (unless, of course, you happen to get hurt playing).

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240

That's pretty much 100% accurate #1.