Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Lazerfest Reviews

Hey!

Just wanted to see if anyone else went to Lazerfest and what they thought of the show.

I thought all of the main acts were really good. Filter sounded great. I was surprised with Hinder, I've heard they don't sound good live, but I thought they put on a good show. Staind was amazing, even with Aaron Lewis having a cold, he is just an awesome vocalist!

Then there's STP! The reason I went to the show. They did not disappoint! They sounded terrific and Scott Weiland was so entertaining, I don't know if he was whacked out on heroine or not, but the crowd was feeding off of his energy.

I can say that I walked away happy from the whole experience, well worth the $150 or so I spent on tickets, beer, food, and t-shirts.

Walk On
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

Re: Lazerfest Reviews

I had a great time as well. I had already seen STP and Staind so I was really looking forward to Filter and they did not disappoint. Hey Man Nice Shot and Jurassitol were amazing. I'm not a big fan of Hinder and I had never heard Five Finger Death Punch but they both put on a pretty good show.

Staind was pretty great and I was happy to see that. I saw them in 2000 and thought they put on a good show but I had heard they weren't very good anymore. I didn't see that at all.

STP was amazing but by the end of the night I barely had enough energy to stand. I think Scott did just the right amount of heroin before the show. He definitely seemed more out of his mind in Kansas City last month. I enjoyed them more in KC but I was smart enough to sit through the band that played before them so I would have some energy.

Overall it was a great experience. The bands were great and surprisingly the crowd got along well. I heard that there were several fights last year but I didn't see a single fight last night and everyone seemed to just have a good time. As it should be.

Starter
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

where was it held?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 55

The Indianola balloon field. Right across the highway from the g/f's parents' place. Unfortunately, they moved the stage for this year's edition so it was much tougher to hear the bands from the house.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

As an employee of the Des Moines Radio Group and Lazer 103.3, I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time. We're still updating photos at lazer1033.com, so check them out if you get a chance. We love to hear your feedback on how we can continue to make LAZERFest a great show for everyone.

I believed in Gene Chizik and all I got was this lousy limited-edition commemorative coin.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

I'm still ****** that this was the same weekend as 80/35. I heard that one of the higher ups at 103.3 wasn't invited to be part of the 80/35 planning commission, and purposely scheduled for this weekend to anger them. Anyone know if there was some truth to that? I wanted to see STP pretty bad, but there was no way in hell I was missing Drive-By Truckers. Glad to hear STP was on their game, maybe they'll make it back through Des Moines before Weiland's next trip to rehab...

Last edited by Al_4_State; 07-07-2008 at 09:06 PM.
    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Rookie
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I was also disappointed this was the same exact time as 80/35. I would have been there to see STP, but (also) no way in hell I was missing many of the bands @ the 80/35.

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 221

Quote Originally Posted by LowballLuke View Post
    I can say that I walked away happy from the whole experience, well worth the $150 or so I spent on tickets, beer, food, and t-shirts.
    A friend went down and had a blast. Great music and he got a few new female phone numbers, some of whom he does not remember.

I asked him how much he spent and he told me this:

"I went down with the intent of spending $100 but when I got home I had $160."