Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU President

I missed the news conference last night, but was the ISU president there? Did he say anything?

I really think strongly that this call came from the top, not necessarily from Pollard. I think that the University as a whole has suffered a lot of revenue problems from Football this year, and although it is ultimatly Pollards call in the media...it just makes me wonder the details behind the scene on who actually was the one that said "Mac's gotta go".

The way Pollard was emotional last night, he came to ISU because he knew how great a person MAC was...i just have a feeling that this decision was not made by Pollard.

Addict
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,230
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

Re: ISU President

The football revenue and the University revenue are two completely separate entities. The only time a president really would step in and ask for a change would be due to a public relations type thing. Being this was more of a financial decision of whether they could fill the stadium next year, Pollard was the one that made this decision. I'm not even sure that he would have to get the president's signature to make this happen.

Pollard was emotional and it appeared he really did not want to make this move but he had to whether he wanted to or not. The fan unrest and the need to sell tickets did not allow him to keep Mac.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Re: ISU President

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Pollard was emotional and it appeared he really did not want to make this move but he had to whether he wanted to or not. The fan unrest and the need to sell tickets did not allow him to keep Mac.
    I was surprised at the emotioned showed by Pollard. But I truly believe he didn't want this to happen but it had to happen.