Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 43

I find it ironic

Hawk Fans criticizing ISU for Mac stepping down from Head Coach. Aren't these the same fans who rode Tom Davis out of town after his umpteenth NCAA bid, his last season?

Reason for Mac resigning is a lack of success this year and a perception that he had brought us up to a certain level and wasn't the man to take us to the Promised Land of at least .500 seasons or better every year and contending for Big XII North titles every few years (not unreasonable expectations). I think we were at this level in 2000 and we certainly were at that corner the next couple years. But I think some poor choices made in choosing assistants, some poor choices made in recruiting (we have essentially lost one full class through attrition and busts within the last 4 years) have led to our demise and we have regressed. It is better that we part company now rather than regress further to the level we were when Mac came.

Thanks for giving us a better foundation to build on, Mac. Good luck.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 338

Re: I find it ironic

Hawk Fans criticizing ISU for Mac stepping down from Head Coach. Aren't these the same fans who rode Tom Davis out of town after his umpteenth NCAA bid, his last season? Herky Hawk is really Jerky Hawk fans.

If Kirk busts next year like losing to ISU, he might ride out of town. It is easier to cut the $3.0 M dollar man than the $1M Man because you can hire a big time Iowa replacement with that moolah. Hey, Dan might want the job next year in Iowa City.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 338

Heard that Dan wants to find another job coaching. He should have no problem. I think he picked nice assistants who could not keep up with the opposition. Too bad Shaggy could not kick better the last two years on fieldgoals (too weak) or we would not be having this discussion. If we had won either Missouri or Kansas games, we would not be watching the changing of the guard yet. I still do not know why the oline cannopt block better. They are big and experienced and appear mostly injury free. Can they be that bad or is our offensive blocking scheme unworkable. Are we too stubborn not to change our blocking patterns? The one quote to try to ram and cram the football in the endzone to prove we can do it by Blarney may be our downfall. Always fool the opposition. Do not say we are here and we will do it to you. That rarely works, even in Nebraska.

Butch Davis ex Miami has been picked up for North Carolina. Great facilities, good school, they should be back. Hope to say the same by 2010.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 468

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Hawk Fans criticizing ISU for Mac stepping down from Head Coach. Aren't these the same fans who rode Tom Davis out of town after his umpteenth NCAA bid, his last season? Herky Hawk is really Jerky Hawk fans.

If Kirk busts next year like losing to ISU, he might ride out of town. It is easier to cut the $3.0 M dollar man than the $1M Man because you can hire a big time Iowa replacement with that moolah. Hey, Dan might want the job next year in Iowa City.
    hey, i'm still convinced mac's the better coach compared to ferentz. ferentz has a LOT more money, a few years ago the facilities were much better, were more nationally recognized, had the hayden fry legacy to live off of, and were able to land recruits due to those factors. mac had none of those things when he started but is now leaving the next coach with a LOT to work with, INCLUDING $$$. ferentz's iowa program has been sliding downhill the last couple of years, ever since going to the BCS bowl in '02. '03, '04, and '05 were all new year's day bowls, but '03 and '04 weren't nearly as successful as '02. I feel like '04 was handed to iowa on a silver platter because ohio st., wisconsin, and purdue, ALL teams that were better than iowa that year, laid down for them and went on losing streaks afterwards. if things played out the way they shouldhave iowa would have been a 4-5 loss team in '04. '05 was a 7-4 season, and i don't care what team you are, you don't deserve a new year's bowl at 7-4. that was due to a complete collapse of conference opponents again. this year iowa will be lucky to go to the alamo bowl.

iowa fans like to claim that ferentz is this great head coach, but imho no program in the nation has benefitted from the failure to live up to expectations by conference opponents than iowa has. and what has ferentz done with that #2 nationally ranked recruiting class from a couple of years ago? it's been about as overrated as iowa has been the last couple of years

i just wonder what mac could have done initially with the same resources ferentz had to start out with initially...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.