Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGuy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    3,174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Another 2010 Offer

    Spearman's stock skyrockets :: BOYS BASKETBALL :: YourSeason

    Based on his performance at 1 camp we have an offer out to him. I'm not sold on him at this point. I'm probably in the minority but I like to look at the whole body of work.


    "Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 130,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,342
    Points
    130,493
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    He wasn't super impressive offensively, but he and Chim Kadima were the two best defensive players at the ISU camp. Easily, IMO.



  3. #3
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGuy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    3,174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    The question I have about the kid is the Illinois recruiting prospects have him listed as the 20 or 21st best prospect in the state. Usually I would like to wait awhile to offer someone based on their summer performance to see if it can be sustained.

    However, we may not be able to do that at this point and need to jump on recruits early and try to close the deal before they blow up.

    Also of concern is how many offers we have out for the 2010 recruiting class with the big fish not landed yet and that will play out.


    "Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 130,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,342
    Points
    130,493
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by CyGuy33 View Post
    The question I have about the kid is the Illinois recruiting prospects have him listed as the 20 or 21st best prospect in the state. Usually I would like to wait awhile to offer someone based on their summer performance to see if it can be sustained.

    However, we may not be able to do that at this point and need to jump on recruits early and try to close the deal before they blow up.

    Also of concern is how many offers we have out for the 2010 recruiting class with the big fish not landed yet and that will play out.
    It apparently isn't a big worry for the staff with the scholarship situation for 2010. One reason is the NBA, but there is another reason out there that I'm trying to figure out.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 216,570, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,184
    Points
    216,570
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 216

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    I don't like top 60 guys either. I would much rather have a two star.



  6. #6
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGuy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    3,174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    I don't like top 60 guys either. I would much rather have a two star.
    Read the post, I see a ranking based on one camp. Great lets sign the kid. All I am saying is I like to see more then a two week span earn an offer especially when it is for a year where we have a HUGE target and have numerous offers on the table. Just trying to look at the strategy of the recruiting.


    "Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

  7. #7
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    iastate08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    It makes me smile that we were the first ones mentioned about his offers. Yes he only has two but usually these articles list like 5 or 6 schools then mention Iowa State. Lets hope that doesn't change for this kid.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 37,573, Level: 59
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,410
    Points
    37,573
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 54

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by CyGuy33 View Post
    Read the post, I see a ranking based on one camp. Great lets sign the kid. All I am saying is I like to see more then a two week span earn an offer especially when it is for a year where we have a HUGE target and have numerous offers on the table. Just trying to look at the strategy of the recruiting.
    Maybe I'm making an "***" of myself, but I'm going to assume that Mac and staff have been watching him for awhile. Evaluating him. Waiting for him to step up his game, maybe. He appears to be doing that.

    I'm going to assume that Mac didn't offer him off of a two-week span and his performance at the ISU camp only. Could be I'm wrong, though.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 252,829, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,512
    Points
    252,829
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Mac has a long history of offering guys right as they blow up seemingly after one good camp or AAU event - Zeller, Leuer, etc.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,437, Level: 95
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,437
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by CyValley View Post
    Maybe I'm making an "***" of myself, but I'm going to assume that Mac and staff have been watching him for awhile. Evaluating him. Waiting for him to step up his game, maybe. He appears to be doing that.

    I'm going to assume that Mac didn't offer him off of a two-week span and his performance at the ISU camp only. Could be I'm wrong, though.
    Usually an assistant checks the player out first, if the assistant likes the player than Mac will watch him. Also, Mac may ask another assistant for his opinion. It's way more complicated then these boards let on.



  11. #11
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGuy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    3,174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    Usually an assistant checks the player out first, if the assistant likes the player than Mac will watch him. Also, Mac may ask another assistant for his opinion. It's way more complicated then these boards let on.
    Do we have a coach that focuses his recruiting in Illinois or is at least one of his main areas? I would assume it would be TJ but he seems to be assigned to the whole country.


    "Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 130,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,342
    Points
    130,493
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by CyGuy33 View Post
    Do we have a coach that focuses his recruiting in Illinois or is at least one of his main areas? I would assume it would be TJ but he seems to be assigned to the whole country.
    Rutter: Minnesota, random recruits (J-Farm)
    Coach TJ: LA, west coast, Juco, double pump connections, basically the whole country.
    Coach D-Rob: Illinois mainly, great, great, Illinois connections. Spearman is an Illinois recruit, and he is being recruited by Coach Robinson.



  13. #13
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGuy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    3,174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Rutter: Minnesota, random recruits (J-Farm)
    Coach TJ: LA, west coast, Juco, double pump connections, basically the whole country.
    Coach D-Rob: Illinois mainly, great, great, Illinois connections. Spearman is an Illinois recruit, and he is being recruited by Coach Robinson.
    Coach Robinson was probably on this kid prior to his move to Iowa State.


    "Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 130,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,342
    Points
    130,493
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by CyGuy33 View Post
    Coach Robinson was probably on this kid prior to his move to Iowa State.
    I think he was...he has way better connections than Coach Pri did. A great hire.



  15. #15
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Another 2010 Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    He wasn't super impressive offensively, but he and Chim Kadima were the two best defensive players at the ISU camp. Easily, IMO.
    You mean the same Chim Kadima that you thought our staff only offered b/c of who he knows or something to that extent? Didn't you say that you didn't think he was very good a week or so ago?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM