Thread: Fairwell Carlin

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Fairwell Carlin

I know it might seem passe to write about George Carlin now that he is dead. Especially when he was of the opinion that nothing happened after death except for worms crawling where thoughts us to run wild.

I am going too miss Carlin not because he was one of the greatest in his craft. Not because his seven words that never can be said on TV was a classic for all those who had a sense of humor that went towards the crass.
    Carlin made it cool to be smart and funny. Not the down your nose I am obviously better than you. But the smarts of here let me take what you consider most sacred and turn it against you in a funny way.

Carlin helped me deal with a world where I often felt there was an over abundance of stupid people. The part that scared me the most is I knew I was not that intellegent. So why were so many of these people being dumb.
    That was part of the beauty of Carlin. He was more than willing to state that the Emperor had no clothes. He wasn't try to be superior he often just questioned what so many others have taken for granted. I don't know if he was looking to change the world, or make everyone laugh. To a degree he made a point of mocking self superiority. I loved him for that quality.
    Good bye George Carlin. I am not enough of a jerk to act like I truly knew you, or that you were even aware of me. I know you rebuffed the idea of God and the afterlife. If there is I can only hope you are sitting some where getting the same enjoyment as a kid with an ant farm...that he just put through a pinwheel.

Last edited by cpvarley; 06-28-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Miss spelled words.
    Some believe in Kicking @ss and taking names.
    For now I will settle with Kicking @ss!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

Re: Fairwell Carlin

Farewell George. RIP. You will be missed.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Tells how much I'm "with it". I didn't even hear that he passed away. Some of my favorite quotes of his:

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."

"I think it would be interesting if old people got anti-Alzheimer's disease where they slowly began to recover other people's lost memories. "

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"What year did Jesus think it was?"

"Swimming is not a sport; swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense! "

Last edited by San Francisco Cy; 06-29-2008 at 09:54 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

He really was one of the greats he will be missed for sure.