Thread: ESPNoNews

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

ESPNoNews

What's the deal with ESPNnews? I've had it on for 2 and a half hours. The only mention about D-Mac is on the ticker. They didn't cover the press conference, haven't broken in with a clip. But I've seen the Taylor knee in the groin 40 times and know everything there is to know about the NHL. Where's the freakin respect???

To echo McCarney's (Or Kennedy's words) "Why Not ISU?????"

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 3,286

Re: ESPNoNews

Quote Originally Posted by CTAClone View Post
    What's the deal with ESPNnews? I've had it on for 2 and a half hours. The only mention about D-Mac is on the ticker. They didn't cover the press conference, haven't broken in with a clip. But I've seen the Taylor knee in the groin 40 times and know everything there is to know about the NHL. Where's the freakin respect???

To echo McCarney's (Or Kennedy's words) "Why Not ISU?????"
    I did see an article on it on espn.com on the front page - not very wordy, though. Not wordy enough to cover 12 years and thousands of hours of hard work.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 239
    Given: 664

I've lived in Texas now for just a bit over a year, (lived in Ames all my life before that) and I'm amazed at how many people, even those that go to a BigXII school don't even know Iowa State. Once you get out of the BigXII cities, then no one has a clue of where ISU is, or the fact that they have a football team. It was a definite culture shock for me.

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 94

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    I've lived in Texas now for just a bit over a year, (lived in Ames all my life before that) and I'm amazed at how many people, even those that go to a BigXII school don't even know Iowa State. Once you get out of the BigXII cities, then no one has a clue of where ISU is, or the fact that they have a football team. It was a definite culture shock for me.
    I hear you...we need to change that!

I better not hear any BS about it being impossible to build a program in Ames during our coaching search. I think that belief is total BS. Tough? Absolutely. Impossible. No. Last I checked, Lincoln, NE, Manhattan, KS, and Iowa City didn't have any palm trees and bikinis, either. We don't have much tradition and our athletic budget is small, but I would argue that Iowa didn't have any tradition prior to Hayden Fry and K-State's budget isn't exactly gigantic and they've both had a pretty fair amount of success in recent years.

Go JP! Get a good one!