Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Marty and Miller today

Holy crap did you hear them go off on JP a bit ago! Wow, I have to agree with some of the points they made but I also take them with a grain of salt usually as they get wound up too easily.

The 1 thing that I do agree with though. JP did time this pretty badly because just the other week he was sticking to his guns about not making any decision on the coaching situation and here we are today with a likely forced resignation. Mac deserves better and this weekend is going to be interesting because either this team quits more than it has already and we get another KU embarrassment or they rally around the coach they love and win the last 2 games. I would not be surprised with either scenario. I've also heard that a lot of former players plan to be in Ames tonight for the press conference to show their support for Mac.

I am really in a strange mood over this right now. I've been a Mac supporter through thick and thin and to see fans that are happy he is gone, the knife in the back fans that were calling for his job yet want to "thank" him for all he's done by coming to the Mizzou game they were not planning to come to, I'm ranging anywhere from angry to saddened over this whole mess. M&M could be right, JP better be damn sure he hires the right guy and all these drastic moves he has made in 14 months take the athletics to a new level else in 4 years his butt is going to on the line. I hope that is not the case but you have to wonder too...

Starter
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Marty and Miller today

JP is probably making the move now to make a quick hire for a new coach of his choice. Everybody knew Mac wouldn't be around next year and this now allows him some extra time to evaluate possible canidates and make a quick move right after the season is officially over. I think his timing is good so now people will come out for the final home game to send Mac off in a good way. Thanks for everything you've done for the program Mac and good luck in the future.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Marty is the biggest frickin idiot to ever be on the airwaves. The only reason I even listen to the show is because they sometimes talk about ISU and there is absolutely NO sports talk that covers anything local other than them. Marty will bash Mac one minute and then act like his most loyal fan today. He takes whatever angle he can which will stir up crap where he can yell like a lunatic. I can not believe that anyone as obnoxious as him can still be on the radio.

“Also, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I don’t want to leave any of that behind.” - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 530
    Given: 125

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    Marty is the biggest frickin idiot to ever be on the airwaves. The only reason I even listen to the show is because they sometimes talk about ISU and there is absolutely NO sports talk that covers anything local other than them. Marty will bash Mac one minute and then act like his most loyal fan today. He takes whatever angle he can which will stir up crap where he can yell like a lunatic. I can not believe that anyone as obnoxious as him can still be on the radio.
    I agree. Mart was freaking out at about 5:15 this afternoon, literaly screaming on air about how Pollard must take some of the blame in the news conference tonight. I have never heard anyone freak out like this on the radio, it was rather humorous, and very embarassing for the show. All Miller could say was, "Marty, I am literally embarassed for you right now!"

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I agree. Mart was freaking out at about 5:15 this afternoon, literaly screaming on air about how Pollard must take some of the blame in the news conference tonight. I have never heard anyone freak out like this on the radio, it was rather humorous, and very embarassing for the show. All Miller could say was, "Marty, I am literally embarassed for you right now!"
    "shock and awe" at its finest

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Holy crap did you hear them go off on JP a bit ago! Wow, I have to agree with some of the points they made but I also take them with a grain of salt usually as they get wound up too easily.

The 1 thing that I do agree with though. JP did time this pretty badly because just the other week he was sticking to his guns about not making any decision on the coaching situation and here we are today with a likely forced resignation. Mac deserves better and this weekend is going to be interesting because either this team quits more than it has already and we get another KU embarrassment or they rally around the coach they love and win the last 2 games. I would not be surprised with either scenario. I've also heard that a lot of former players plan to be in Ames tonight for the press conference to show their support for Mac.

I am really in a strange mood over this right now. I've been a Mac supporter through thick and thin and to see fans that are happy he is gone, the knife in the back fans that were calling for his job yet want to "thank" him for all he's done by coming to the Mizzou game they were not planning to come to, I'm ranging anywhere from angry to saddened over this whole mess. M&M could be right, JP better be damn sure he hires the right guy and all these drastic moves he has made in 14 months take the athletics to a new level else in 4 years his butt is going to on the line. I hope that is not the case but you have to wonder too...
    FANS ARE NOT "KNIFE IN THE BACK FANS" BECAUSE THEY WANTED HIM FIRED BUT STILL WANT TO SEND HIM OFF RIGHT.

I'm sorry that's just not correct. MANY of us believe that Mac has had his chances and he didn't do what was needed to be done to lead ISU forward. WE ALSO THINK HE'S A GREAT GUY THOUGH AND ARE SAD THAT HE JUST HASN'T GOTTEN IT DONE.

There's two sides of this. Mac the coach is getting fired for what he has done as a coach (something by the way that JP had nothing to do with). Mac the person unfortunately has to leave with him, and people are going to send him off right because they really respect Mac the person, even if they arn't completely in love with Mac the coach. And that is PERFECTLY OK.

And for the record, I agree with NOTHING that Marty said and am not only embarrassed for him, but honostly feel dumber for having given him the time of day.

POOTMFS
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Marty back to his old ways trying to get ratings. JP had as much to do with the losing as the fans did. Give me a break.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He started saying it a day or so ago, and just would not let it go. He mentioned it more and more as time went on, until his little tirade. Very unprofessional, and blown WAY out of proportion on the effect on program.

In fact, it had a positive effect. I guarantee it sold more tickets.

All-Star
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 990
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by herbicide View Post
    In fact, it had a positive effect. I guarantee it sold more tickets.
    ...which is the main goal that Pollard had before this season even started. Marty Tirrell is a clown.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by zdorr40 View Post
    ...which is the main goal that Pollard had before this season even started. Marty Tirrell is a clown.
    But Mr. Tirrell is too stupid or too smart ("shock jock") to realize that or mention it. I think a combination of both.

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cloned4Life View Post
    FANS ARE NOT "KNIFE IN THE BACK FANS" BECAUSE THEY WANTED HIM FIRED BUT STILL WANT TO SEND HIM OFF RIGHT.

I'm sorry that's just not correct. MANY of us believe that Mac has had his chances and he didn't do what was needed to be done to lead ISU forward. WE ALSO THINK HE'S A GREAT GUY THOUGH AND ARE SAD THAT HE JUST HASN'T GOTTEN IT DONE.

There's two sides of this. Mac the coach is getting fired for what he has done as a coach (something by the way that JP had nothing to do with). Mac the person unfortunately has to leave with him, and people are going to send him off right because they really respect Mac the person, even if they arn't completely in love with Mac the coach. And that is PERFECTLY OK.

And for the record, I agree with NOTHING that Marty said and am not only embarrassed for him, but honostly feel dumber for having given him the time of day.
    Spin it any way you want to but fans that were not going to the Mizzou game before this and only now are going to wish Dan well are knife in the back fans. A true fan would be coming to the game regardless. These are the same fans who probably did not show up last weekend and to me these fans are partially to blame for this fate as well. If you really want ISU to succeed in FB you show up regardless and you don't add to the pile of negativity that has been a stinky and growing heap of crap the past month.

I am disappointed in this season as the next fan is. But I wasn't calling for Mac's head in the middle of the season, I wasn't boycotting games, and I definately was not talking about who to replace him with when it wasn't even a given that he was not going to be the coach next year. Fans can effect the mood of a program just as much as anyone. I'm sure players and possibly even coaches read these boards.

Rookie
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Spin it any way you want to but fans that were not going to the Mizzou game before this and only now are going to wish Dan well are knife in the back fans. A true fan would be coming to the game regardless. These are the same fans who probably did not show up last weekend and to me these fans are partially to blame for this fate as well. If you really want ISU to succeed in FB you show up regardless and you don't add to the pile of negativity that has been a stinky and growing heap of crap the past month.

I am disappointed in this season as the next fan is. But I wasn't calling for Mac's head in the middle of the season, I wasn't boycotting games, and I definately was not talking about who to replace him with when it wasn't even a given that he was not going to be the coach next year. Fans can effect the mood of a program just as much as anyone. I'm sure players and possibly even coaches read these boards.

There was never a doubt about going to the Mizzou game for me. I was in from the get -go. I am a Cyclone fan above all. McCarney did all he could. It was time for him to go.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,060
    Given: 558

Amen to that, but he does have that appeal, just like watching a train wreck.