Thread: Jamie Pollard

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I emailed Jamie Pollard about my concerns with Jon Miller replacing Deace on the Voice of the Cyclones station. I didn't expect to hear from him, but felt better after sending it. Well, at 6:05am today, I got a personal reponse, thanking me for sharing my concerns and some interesting tidbits of additional info regarding a significant announcement that will happen soon.

How can you not get excited with this guy at the helm? I bet BVD would have had his asst. hit delete instead of responding.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    In my opinion, Pollard is going to do great things for ISU. He seems to be trying to do everything he can to get ISU the National recognition that all of us fans want. And it seems like everyone on here keeps posting how he replies to their emails. I've personally met with him for dinner and he's told me about a few things that are in the works, mostly things that have now been announced. I think he's going to do great things for ISU, and he obviously cares about his fans. He may not please everyone with every decision he makes, but I think everyone will be happy with the end result.

Rookie
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 78
    Well that's an unfare judgement on BVDV. I emailed him twice and both times he replied a personal message the next day. Even asked me to call him once with any more questions. As bad as BVDV was as an AD he wasn't that bad of a person in general. I think he was just over his head here at Iowa State and belongs at a division AA school.

Prospect
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    While I was not a huge fan of BVD's, I did e-mail him a couple of times and he promptly replied each time. One time, he even copied in the Big XII office in his response (about TV coverage). I think Pollard is much better for ISU than BVD ever was, but I respect BVD for his willingness to acknowledge my concerns at the time.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 99
    I heard this morning the big announcement of KXNO losing Cyclone Flagship status being replaced by FM100.3. The only thing that bugged me is they said the games were going to that station but the sports talk radio and coach,player, etc post game interviews was staying at KXNO. This info of course came from KXNO and I hope it is wrong. Listening to the games is good, but I will be at a lot of the games and am really looking forward to some good Cyclone Sports talk before and after and during the week. I hope there is more to the story then us being able to listen to games on one station and having to listen the Pukeye cycobabble the rest of the week

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 128
    I don't know what's happening with the radio coverage of the Cyclones, but I do hope they get a station to cover the games that we can access in southcentral Iowa. The radio coverage down here is terrible, about the only station we can get consistently is one out of Marshalltown.

Go Cyclones!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 99
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay moe &#064; Jun 1 2006, 08&#58;18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I don&#39;t know what&#39;s happening with the radio coverage of the Cyclones, but I do hope they get a station to cover the games that we can access in southcentral Iowa. The radio coverage down here is terrible, about the only station we can get consistently is one out of Marshalltown. [/b][/quote]

They said on another thread that FM100.3 has better coverage then WHO. If that is the case, you should have no problem. I just moved down here from Mason City and WHO came in loud and clear in any part of the state I have been in. I didn&#39;t think FM waves could travel as far as AM, but if they say it, it must be true, right?????????? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 52
    Although I grew unhappy with BVD, he always replied on the few occasions when I e-mailed him. He is a good guy, although we needed a change.

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyclonesrule91 &#064; Jun 1 2006, 08&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

They said on another thread that FM100.3 has better coverage then WHO. If that is the case, you should have no problem. I just moved down here from Mason City and WHO came in loud and clear in any part of the state I have been in. I didn&#39;t think FM waves could travel as far as AM, but if they say it, it must be true, right?????????? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

100.3 doesn&#39;t reach nearly as far as WHO.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Pollard has been a Godsend to this university and athletic department. He has raised the bar for athletic directors, especially in this state. I&#39;ve been nothing but impressed with every one of his moves. He is a class act all around. In terms of 100.3 FM, I&#39;m rather excited. I am hoping that we can get some Cyclone programming outside of games on the Bus as well. We need a station all of Cyclone Nation can depend on. I feel with coaches shows and maybe an hour or two a day of Cyclone talk, we will have a true flagship that we all can depend on.

P.S. This website has become nothing short of incredible. I&#39;ve been on as a member since returning from a short stay in Dallas at he MBB Big 12 Tourny. While I was cheering the Clones on and eventually becoming irritated and dissapointed in the past season&#39;s team, I sought this site to tide me over with some signs of hope. I gave up a long time ago on CN and received decent news the past few years from Paul&#39;s report, but this site has been the best. Kudos to Jeremy for developing such a great product&#33;&#33; May the remainder of the summer and the upcoming 06-07 seasons continue to see increasing growth and development of the Fanatic fanbase&#33;

Cyclone born, Cyclone bred

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    We need better TV coverage. That is what I am worried about.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 22
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nuts4Cy &#064; Jun 1 2006, 07&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> . As bad as BVDV was as an AD he wasn&#39;t that bad of a person in general. I think he was just over his head here at Iowa State and belongs at a division AA school.

[/b][/quote]

BVD gets a bad rap a lot of the time but he did do a lot of things that needed to be done. He was hired to come in and straighten out the budget. He knew he was going to be the bad guy and he accepted that role. He came in and cleared out some dead weight tightened the belts in a couple of places that needed it. I&#39;m not going to say he was the best AD but he had a dirty job to do and he did it. And now Pollard can come in and take advantage of a stable budget and move forward.

'00 Grad
    "Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo" Erwin Fletcher

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    BVD = make the best of a weak budget

JP = let&#39;s make a bigger budget