Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Two new offers

Per scout, Jemal Farmer and Chim "TJ" Kadima.
    The Farmer offer is a good one, and we will have stiff competition for him. He would make an immediate impact.
    Chim Kadima is the other one..it kind of suprised me, IMO this is kind of a courtesy offer, since his coach has guided several players to us in the past.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 96

Re: Two new offers

"Chim Kadima is the other one..it kind of suprised me, IMO this is kind of a courtesy offer, since his coach has guided several players to us in the past."

I have to vehemently disagree with you on this one. No chance we make a courtesy offer to anybody. We can't offer anybody that we don't actually want.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

I agree, and I find it absolutely hilarious you would post that in light of the thread you started.

Still thinking of something....
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    I agree, and I find it absolutely hilarious you would post that in light of the thread you started.
    Very true. good point.

41-53 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Maybe I worded that wrong...he is a borderline high major prospect, but Marquis Mason and Anthony Johnson looked a lot more impressive over the weekend. I think his coach may be the reason we offered him over those two.

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    You nailed that one.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ~ George Carlin

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life:
    The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves Orcs. ~ John Rogers

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77

Jeez, the kid gives us good information, and you guys jump him for it. Lay off him a bit.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Per scout, Jemal Farmer and Chim "TJ" Kadima.
    The Farmer offer is a good one, and we will have stiff competition for him. He would make an immediate impact.
    Chim Kadima is the other one..it kind of suprised me, IMO this is kind of a courtesy offer, since his coach has guided several players to us in the past.
    Not to nitpick, but you start one thread about not saying anything bad with respect to recruiting and then you call the offer to Kadima a "courtesy offer" in this thread. If something is going to offend someone, that would be it. If I were Kadima that would offend me greatly.

Just advising you practice what you preach.

Having said that, I appreciate the insight you provide.

Legend
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Jeez, the kid gives us good information, and you guys jump him for it. Lay off him a bit.
    "The kid" calls out people (in general) on this site for not being positive about players and recruits and coaches. Then "the kid" says that one of the recruits that we offered only gets an offer as a courtesy to his coach. That doesn't seem too positive about that recruit.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ~ George Carlin

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life:
    The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves Orcs. ~ John Rogers

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Not to nitpick, but you start one thread about not saying anything bad with respect to recruiting and then you call the offer to Kadima a "courtesy offer" in this thread. If something is going to offend someone, that would be it. If I were Kadima that would offend me greatly.

Hmm.... just because I provide some good information, does that mean I can't voice my opinion. And the recruiting thread is meant to stay away from negativity toward our team, and our school. (i.e. "Mac will never get the job done" or " No players will want to come to ISU with our terrible offense.)
    I also heard something that provides a bit of perspective on Kadima...he broke his tibia last year, and still isn't at 100% full strength.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CloneAggie View Post
    "The kid" calls out people (in general) on this site for not being positive about players and recruits and coaches. Then "the kid" says that one of the recruits that we offered only gets an offer as a courtesy to his coach. That doesn't seem too positive about that recruit.
    I'm not too postive about this recruit...and that post doesn't necessarily mean it is illegal to voice your opinion on this site, I just wanted everyone to be aware that recruits do read this site, so voice your opinion moderately. Also, see my post above.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77

What? I didn't see one post where he said never to say anything negative. He was referring to the sometimes ridiculously negative people that really can turn the mood of the board sour.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 645

Hmm.... just because I provide some good information, does that mean I can't voice my opinion. And the recruiting thread is meant to stay away from negativity toward our team, and our school. (i.e. "Mac will never get the job done" or " No players will want to come to ISU with our terrible offense.)
    I also heard something that provides a bit of perspective on Kadima...he broke his tibia last year, and still isn't at 100% full strength.
    But a post about recruits reading this site would obviously imply that you should also not say negative things about those recruits?

I agree with your sentiment in the earlier thread - I don't think we need to blow sunshine up anyone's butt, but we probably don't need to rag on anyone. However - I think the point of several people here is that your post also applies to negativity about recruits.

I'm not too postive about this recruit...and that post doesn't necessarily mean it is illegal to voice your opinion on this site, I just wanted everyone to be aware that recruits do read this site, so voice your opinion moderately. Also, see my post above.
    I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that obviously CF doesn't consider anything to be "illegal" to post. We simply request you be respectful in your posts and keep in mind that lots of people read the site. Requests from site members may also be taken into accord.

Last edited by Angie; 06-23-2008 at 07:28 PM.
    M 7/09

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 81

Quote Originally Posted by CloneAggie View Post
    my word of the day:

pwnd

-keep

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

In response to the other closed threads.

I talked to about 5 different players parents, whose kids we were actively recruiting, and every one of them said they read the site Daily. I think this just shows we need to keep things positive, and really show how great our university is. Try and point out the good things about coming to ISU
    "The kid" calls out people (in general) on this site for not being positive about players and recruits and coaches. Then "the kid" says that one of the recruits that we offered only gets an offer as a courtesy to his coach. That doesn't seem too positive about that recruit. __________________
    I don't remember saying never criticize a recruit....please show me the post you are referring too.
    But a post about recruits reading this site would obviously imply that you should also not say negative things about those recruits?
    I agree with your sentiment in the earlier thread - I don't think we need to blow sunshine up anyone's butt, but we probably don't need to rag on anyone. However - I think the point of several people here is that your post also applies to negativity about recruits.
    I just said I wasn't all that impressed by him, and it was kind of a courtesy offer....I don't see that as ragging on anyone:
    IMO this is kind of a courtesy offer, since his coach has guided several players to us in the past.