Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Post SIGNING DAY? ANOTHER HOMAN?

I was checking the DMACC site for info on Jocelyn Anderson - 6'4" (maybe 6'3") who is expected to sign today. They also have a 6'3" frosh named Megan Homan from Remsen St. Mary's. I'd take a Homan post on principle - who knows what she will become.

I suppose the AD is busy with other things, but, it would be nice to hear that all the recruits have signed. Surely Brackins would fax his LOI in first thing.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Recruit
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: SIGNING DAY? ANOTHER HOMAN?

Anderson is my cousin. If you read the stats from last year, she was in the tops in the conference in pts, rebs, and blocks. 1st team all conf, and all american i think. Will need to "bulk" up a little and get a mean streak if she wants to be getting those kind of stats in the Big 12, but she is capable. It was her dream to be a cyclone, and she totally flew under the radar in HS, because her team was bad. She will do well.

Walk On
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I saw Homan play several times in the summer league games in Des Moines last July. Good bloodlines aside, I'd be very surprised to ever see her in Iowa State uniform.

She played with a lot of enthsiasm and hustle, but lacked athleticism, did not look to be anywhere near 6'3", and was a unremarkable shooter.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

ANDERSON

Cyclonic, family modesty aside, Anderson is a junior college preseason first-team All-American. I don't understand all the JC levels, but, I do know there are some good players, men and women, at that level. Somebody thinks she is developing nicely. She will be a year ahead of Pierson, who two years after signing remains an unknown. Even if Anderson doesn't start, she should provide valuable minutes in relief or an occasional twin-towers set like Bill ran with Welle and "G".

To finish in the top half of the Big 12, WBB needs to be a ranked team at a minimum. Will these signees help with that? Neither (as is common with Bill's recruits) is on any national list that I've seen.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Walk On
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

[quote=

I suppose the AD is busy with other things, but, it would be nice to hear that all the recruits have signed. Surely Brackins would fax his LOI in first thing.[/quote]

All three recruits have signed. Posted earlier here and can also be found on cyclones.com

Recruit
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

OK, you are right. She's good. I was being modest. It is nice that she is local, so we can go see her play. I am in Grinnell, so I can slip up and see her at Marshalltown and Kirkwood. I watched the DMACC last year a couple of games, and they are fun to watch. Anderson is not the best post up player, but she gets a ton of put-backs. But she is good enough to get the other post defenders in foul trouble. When the other tall girls go out w/ foul trouble, then she really dominates. I plan to at least buy a handful of tix for the ladies next year. I already burn a tank of gas for each men's game. Family first!

Walk On
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree that Andeson doesn't look to be a great post up player, but she reminds me a ton of Cassie Hager (formerly of UNI) - uses her height to absolute advantage. She is going to get minutes next year and the team is going to have the luxury of having at least two players 6'3" or taller on floor at all times.