Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Well, at least I know where we stand if nothing else. When Morgan was going to be fired I and most of you heard it first from cyclonefanatic. It was a great scoop but at least to me was topped when I found out first from cyclonefanatic that I was getting an opportunity to do weekdays on KXNO. Now that impressed me!Paul is great with stories as well as with recruiting but in my opinion Jeremy has a source that feeds him excellent info. And, as Paul said I went to him for help a couple of weeks ago and he told me to get stuffed; which will likely help him sell a few more subscriptions.I'm assuming that Jeremy will decline my invitation so please don't let Chris Williams know that he wasn't my first or second choice. Hope you'll listen, though confident you won't,

Ken Miller
    martyandmiller@kxno.com

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miller &#064; May 31 2006, 08&#58;22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Well, at least I know where we stand if nothing else. When Morgan was going to be fired I and most of you heard it first from cyclonefanatic. It was a great scoop but at least to me was topped when I found out first from cyclonefanatic that I was getting an opportunity to do weekdays on KXNO. Now that impressed me&#33;Paul is great with stories as well as with recruiting but in my opinion Jeremy has a source that feeds him excellent info. And, as Paul said I went to him for help a couple of weeks ago and he told me to get stuffed; which will likely help him sell a few more subscriptions.I&#39;m assuming that Jeremy will decline my invitation so please don&#39;t let Chris Williams know that he wasn&#39;t my first or second choice. Hope you&#39;ll listen, though confident you won&#39;t,

Ken Miller
    martyandmiller@kxno.com
    [/b][/quote] Ken, You&#39;re a stand up guy for at least making the attempt. My beef is not with you, it&#39;s with your co-host for reasons previously noted. I wish you no personal ill-will but I can not support a program with Marty Tirrell on it. You would feel the same way if some KC radio host was picking on your beloved Denver Broncos now wouldn&#39;t you?

URBCLONE

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    I&#39;m not familiar with Marty, however I really enjoyed listening to you and Bob Dyer in one of your past stints. I&#39;ve always found you to be pretty even keeled when it comes to Iowa State.

I&#39;ll definitely give your show a chance - I&#39;ve grown a bit tired of Mr. Deace over the years.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I live in south eastern iowa and i can and heve never listened to deace or Miller or Tirrell or anything on KXNO, but when listening to this argument i see a bunch of people that are a little hostile. I think it took a lot of cajones for miller to get on a site of people who he knew where vocallly against him and he asked wat you would like to listen to and how he could change the way he did his job. Like i said, i have never listened to him so i dont know what he should change, but i think if you want somebody that will talk cyclone with optimism yet realism, then you should tell him that.

I think we all need to stop being a bunch of drew tates about this and tell him what you want and get down to what this site is really about. Just my &#036;.02

God Bless America

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone33 &#064; May 31 2006, 09&#58;45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I think we all need to stop being a bunch of drew tates about this and tell him what you want and get down to what this site is really about. Just my &#036;.02
    [/b][/quote]

Gag order for Tirrell? I guess that would change the dynamic of the show some though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

But on a serious note, yes, you are right Clone33. I would just say that one of the turnoffs about their previous show and one thing that Deace did very well was focus on the local stuff people care about. If you&#39;re going to talk about baseball, include the Cubs and regional teams. We hear enough Red Sox/Yankees from other places. I&#39;m saying this as somebody who also can&#39;t stand MLB. I mean it&#39;s the local that people really care about. If we wanted to hear media people&#39;s opinions on national subjects, we&#39;d probably watch Kornheiser and Wilbon. We turn in to KXNO to hear about the stuff close to us.

I&#39;m not saying that you should talk Clones and Hawks all the time either because honestly, that would have to get boring as crap if you aren&#39;t committed to one team or another. Just keep the stuff like horseracing to a minimum. Not that I don&#39;t like horses. I&#39;m just not into it, and I don&#39;t think I&#39;m alone in that demographic. I mean Barbaro probably had tens of thousands of dollars worth of surgery, and I don&#39;t even have health insurance. Just shoot the thing in the head and be done with it.

Don&#39;t bait Cyclone fans in to calling by being condescending.

Do have an opinion. Opinions don&#39;t bother me, and I&#39;m probably one of the biggest dissenters around here so tough stances against ISU don&#39;t **** me off. Like the thing Deace said last week about how he couldn&#39;t think of a reason for a recruit to go to ISU over Iowa. The realist in me understands that this is most likely true.

Finally, one of the most important things for me, is to get some good guests on the show. Talk to Pollard once a week or two. During football and basketball seasons have a segment each week with a coach. This is the stuff that keeps me tuning in at various times, and if the show is going well, I might stay on board.

I honestly hope you have success, because you don&#39;t seem like a bad guy and it&#39;s a ballsy maneuver to come on here. I respect bold moves. Undoubtedly Cyclone fans are probably being a little reactionary. We feel slights from the media when it comes to covering ISU (and there are some real conspiracy theorists out there) but in this case I feel it&#39;s obvious and justified. Only time will tell how it all works out.

Recruit
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I think Ken is the victim of his partners past in Des Moines Sports Talk radio. I just read an article posted on another forum from the past in 2002 and there is a quote from Marty about specific radio personalities after he left for the Boston Celtics gig. Marty was less than complimentary towards Ken. Maybe it was a joke between friends, maybe it was Marty being Marty, who knows.

All-Star
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miller &#064; May 31 2006, 08&#58;22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Well, at least I know where we stand if nothing else. When Morgan was going to be fired I and most of you heard it first from cyclonefanatic. It was a great scoop but at least to me was topped when I found out first from cyclonefanatic that I was getting an opportunity to do weekdays on KXNO. Now that impressed me&#33;Paul is great with stories as well as with recruiting but in my opinion Jeremy has a source that feeds him excellent info. And, as Paul said I went to him for help a couple of weeks ago and he told me to get stuffed; which will likely help him sell a few more subscriptions.I&#39;m assuming that Jeremy will decline my invitation so please don&#39;t let Chris Williams know that he wasn&#39;t my first or second choice. Hope you&#39;ll listen, though confident you won&#39;t,

Ken Miller
    martyandmiller@kxno.com
    [/b][/quote]

You have confirmed everything I thought by your attitude in your posts. You could have shared with us the great new programming you planned. You could have answered the concerns about your negativity, your focus on the east coast, etc. etc. Instead you chose a condescending attitude. You could have replied, but instead you came on here and basically said by your actions nothings changing so if you don&#39;t like tough. You were lurking around the board reading what people had to say. I waited for you to reply and give us a reason to believe we might want to try your program. Silence. You had a chance you didn&#39;t take it. All you did was talk about your cyclone segment which of course you would have and then dismiss us. We are not the nutty message board crowd. We are not the minority. Wait until the first raitings role in....you&#39;ll see.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BryceC &#064; May 31 2006, 10&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Gag order for Tirrell? I guess that would change the dynamic of the show some though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

But on a serious note, yes, you are right Clone33. I would just say that one of the turnoffs about their previous show and one thing that Deace did very well was focus on the local stuff people care about. If you&#39;re going to talk about baseball, include the Cubs and regional teams. We hear enough Red Sox/Yankees from other places. I&#39;m saying this as somebody who also can&#39;t stand MLB. I mean it&#39;s the local that people really care about. If we wanted to hear media people&#39;s opinions on national subjects, we&#39;d probably watch Kornheiser and Wilbon. We turn in to KXNO to hear about the stuff close to us.

I&#39;m not saying that you should talk Clones and Hawks all the time either because honestly, that would have to get boring as crap if you aren&#39;t committed to one team or another. Just keep the stuff like horseracing to a minimum. Not that I don&#39;t like horses. I&#39;m just not into it, and I don&#39;t think I&#39;m alone in that demographic. I mean Barbaro probably had tens of thousands of dollars worth of surgery, and I don&#39;t even have health insurance. Just shoot the thing in the head and be done with it.

Don&#39;t bait Cyclone fans in to calling by being condescending.

Do have an opinion. Opinions don&#39;t bother me, and I&#39;m probably one of the biggest dissenters around here so tough stances against ISU don&#39;t **** me off. Like the thing Deace said last week about how he couldn&#39;t think of a reason for a recruit to go to ISU over Iowa. The realist in me understands that this is most likely true.

Finally, one of the most important things for me, is to get some good guests on the show. Talk to Pollard once a week or two. During football and basketball seasons have a segment each week with a coach. This is the stuff that keeps me tuning in at various times, and if the show is going well, I might stay on board.

I honestly hope you have success, because you don&#39;t seem like a bad guy and it&#39;s a ballsy maneuver to come on here. I respect bold moves. Undoubtedly Cyclone fans are probably being a little reactionary. We feel slights from the media when it comes to covering ISU (and there are some real conspiracy theorists out there) but in this case I feel it&#39;s obvious and justified. Only time will tell how it all works out.
    [/b][/quote]

I also could give a hoot about horseracing, but man you are being so cruel about Barbaro. My God, don&#39;t you have any feelings for animals? Your comment sounds barbaric to me.

By the way, as you can tell by my name, there are some of us that definitely want to hear some news and talk about Major League Baseballand the NFL. As you state, it would get rather boring to constantly talk about the Cyclones and Hawkeyes and nothing else.

The &quot;Curse of the Bambino&quot; is forever gone.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redsoxcy &#064; May 31 2006, 10&#58;31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I also could give a hoot about horseracing, but man you are being so cruel about Barbaro. My God, don&#39;t you have any feelings for animals? Your comment sounds barbaric to me.

By the way, as you can tell by my name, there are some of us that definitely want to hear some news and talk about Major League Baseballand the NFL. As you state, it would get rather boring to constantly talk about the Cyclones and Hawkeyes and nothing else.
    [/b][/quote]

Oh, I&#39;m just playing about Barbaro. He&#39;s such a horseracing fan I figured to give him a little jab is all. Probably in poor taste, my bad.

I agree. You have got to cater to your market and MLB and the NFL are huge. I love the NFL too, that dog you see in my avatar is named Dante after Dante Hall from the Chiefs. I understand that they also need to diversify what they talk about because it&#39;s freaking tough to fill four hours.

But take for example, I love Ultimate Fighting and various other combat sports. But if they dedicated a large portion of a show to the Hughes/Gracie fight from last weekend, most people wouldn&#39;t give a crap and would change the channel. If they made a passing comment about how the fight was a total dude and Hughes cemented himself as one of the great welterweights out there and left it at that, it wouldn&#39;t bother anybody. I just think this should be understood as well.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BryceC &#064; May 31 2006, 11&#58;48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Oh, I&#39;m just playing about Barbaro. He&#39;s such a horseracing fan I figured to give him a little jab is all. Probably in poor taste, my bad.

I agree. You have got to cater to your market and MLB and the NFL are huge. I love the NFL too, that dog you see in my avatar is named Dante after Dante Hall from the Chiefs. I understand that they also need to diversify what they talk about because it&#39;s freaking tough to fill four hours.

But take for example, I love Ultimate Fighting and various other combat sports. But if they dedicated a large portion of a show to the Hughes/Gracie fight from last weekend, most people wouldn&#39;t give a crap and would change the channel. If they made a passing comment about how the fight was a total dude and Hughes cemented himself as one of the great welterweights out there and left it at that, it wouldn&#39;t bother anybody. I just think this should be understood as well.
    [/b][/quote]

No prroblem. I am happy that you were only kidding.

The &quot;Curse of the Bambino&quot; is forever gone.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 240
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JCloned &#064; May 31 2006, 10&#58;24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

You have confirmed everything I thought by your attitude in your posts. You could have shared with us the great new programming you planned. You could have answered the concerns about your negativity, your focus on the east coast, etc. etc. Instead you chose a condescending attitude. You could have replied, but instead you came on here and basically said by your actions nothings changing so if you don&#39;t like tough. You were lurking around the board reading what people had to say. I waited for you to reply and give us a reason to believe we might want to try your program. Silence. You had a chance you didn&#39;t take it. All you did was talk about your cyclone segment which of course you would have and then dismiss us. We are not the nutty message board crowd. We are not the minority. Wait until the first raitings role in....you&#39;ll see.

[/b][/quote]

Amen to that. Ken, quit shooting yourself in the foot. Unless that&#39;s your goal.

See - I kinda think his goal was to come here and **** us off. Thinking somehow we&#39;d listen out of displeasure for him and Marty. Well, that may work for some...just not this guy.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 116

Unhappy

Not to change the topic, just an opinion......................Shooting an animal in the head to put it out of it&#39;s misery as opposed to spending buuukuuu &#036; to fix them. That&#39;s not my idea of barbaric. Maybe it&#39;s the farmer in me, but to me horses are hayburners that are good for two things. Dog food and glue &#33;&#33; Leave them off the Cyclone Flagship station. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    "And, as Paul said I went to him for help a couple of weeks ago and he told me to get stuffed; which will likely help him sell a few more subscriptions.I&#39;m assuming that Jeremy will decline my invitation so please don&#39;t let Chris Williams know that he wasn&#39;t my first or second choice. Hope you&#39;ll listen, though confident you won&#39;t"

Kenny my friend...

It will take a lot more shmoozing and cuddling with the Cyclone faithfull to get past 2nd base...please bring a bottle of wine and some Ho-Ho&#39;s next time with the email and maybe you won&#39;t go down in flames....in the mean time..work on that vicious comb-over and continue stuffing Ridlin down Marty&#39;s gullet to avoid future bridge burnings.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyclonesrule91 &#064; Jun 1 2006, 08&#58;25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Not to change the topic, just an opinion......................Shooting an animal in the head to put it out of it&#39;s misery as opposed to spending buuukuuu &#036; to fix them. That&#39;s not my idea of barbaric. Maybe it&#39;s the farmer in me, but to me horses are hayburners that are good for two things. Dog food and glue &#33;&#33; Leave them off the Cyclone Flagship station. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

I build grain bins, so I work for a lot of farmers... I mean it&#39;s tough to get too worked up about the death of an animal after you see too many rendering barrells. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Well, I ripped Miller pretty good the other day but since then I&#39;ve changed my mind. I NEVER listen to KXNO(well not much anyway) because I&#39;m in eastern Iowa and have to listen to the streaming version. Well, I&#39;m not going to miss a show now because no way are the Hawks taking over Des Moines radio. We&#39;re going to DEMAND the Cyclones get equal time.