Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

Blackberry phone help

My contract is currently up on my service with U.S. Cellular and I was seriously considering buying a Blackberry as it is going to be essential to have email and web capabilities on the go as being in the construction industry. U. S. Cellular doesn't offen the same blackberry's as other carriers. I wonder what all you who currently have one under U. S. Cellular thought of yours. Please list the Phone and it's model if you can.

The ones they have listed for Ames are the:

Research in Motion BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8130 smartphone
    Motorola MOTO Q™ 9c Lime
    Motorola MOTO Q™ Windows Mobile® 5.0

Thanks in advance!

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Re: Blackberry phone help

Oh, and I want it so I can be on Cyclone Fanatic during class while I'm still in school.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 642

I have the 8830 world edition through Verizon and I've been happy with it. I like that it has a full keyboard. I don;t like the ones with multiple letters on each key.

Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I have the Q through Verizon. I've had it for about 2 years. It is great for the internet. I use Yahoo mail so I can jump on their website and get my e-mail there. For Push e-mail it will depend on your e-mail provider. The free yahoo e-mail isn't great for this.

The full keyboard is nice for texting and e-mailing.

it will do great in class.

It's light and can fit in your front shirt pocket if you want.
    Extras
    Camera is good
    Calling is great, very few dropped calles, my Blue tooth has a great sound on both ends.
    Memory card allows for a lot of storage.
    Plenty of extras you can download

"Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    I have the 8130 world edition through Verizon and I've been happy with it. I like that it has a full keyboard. I don;t like the ones with multiple letters on each key.
    I have the same. The Pearl is a pain in the backside and I have yet to meet anyone who got one and kept it for very long.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 17

I had the 8830 WE and took it back as soon as the Curve (8330) was released for Verizon and love it. The 8830 was a good phone, I just missed being able to get Pic messages sent directly to the phone without having to click on an external link. The Curve is a little smaller as well and I have had no problems with it. Verizon may have a little extra price in their plans vs. other carriers but their coverage and customer service make up for it IMO.

"It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 376
    Given: 47

8330 Curve is the one I have. MrsBrianHos has the pearl, she likes it, it drives me nuts.

I am trading this 8330 in next month when the 3g iphones come out.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

sorry for hijackin the thread but is Palm Treo all but dead in the cell phone biz.
    I thought about maybe getting one? As there is a new treo 800w coming out.
    is that a bad decision....

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 47

I have the 8830 WE through sprint n haven't had any problems ... I did have the Q9c at first but went through 2 of them within 2 weeks as they froze n died ... I've played with the curve n like it as well ... Just mostly depends on ur preference ...

Winners' Never Quit and Quitters' Never Win

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

I'm going to give you a whole nother option which is save some money and drop your BB service. I will admit that I do have a pretty negative attitude about them after having to support them some at work because they basically can be "Crackberries" and turn people into complete a-holes when they don't work right or the service is down for a bit, etc.

I'm sorry but when I am away from the office or home I want nothing to do with what is going on at work or even personal email or the web. All the technology advances we have are pretty neat and make for some conveinences but sadly I think it also has led to making society more lazy and keeping them away from enjoying some of the finer things in life.

I'm sure some of you will rip me for this post, that's fine but that's just my own opinion on these devices and I would personally never purchase one of these devices for personal use. If I ever had to carry one for work I'd probably be less than thrilled about it too because when that clock hits 5pm, until 8am the next more that is MY time not work's. That might be a crappy attitude to have as well but unless I am being paid to do work or working overtime I don't want anything to do with it outside of business hours because there is more to life than being tied to work all the time which is basically what these devices can do to people.

Go Cubs Go!

CF Founder
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 349

I've had all of the current BBerry models and like the Curve the most, by far. It's the only one that really feels good in my hand - the 8830 is too big and the 8130 is too small. The 8330 is just right

The iPhone 3G is another option but you would lose the customizable alerts for different email accounts, etc and you don't get a physical keyboard. Other than those two issues, it's an amazing device/platform that is only going to get better.

I'm not a fan of the Treo anymore, I was a decade ago but it just hasn't changed in the past 5 years to keep up with the times and needs of multi-tasking and web-based applications.

Windows Mobile is decent and getting better. Win Mobile 7 is coming out Q109 but 6.1 isn't as bad as the previous generation. I don't really love any of the current Win Mobile devices though, all have too many problems of one kind or another for my liking.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

CF Founder
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 349

I will agree that if you don't NEED your email at all times, don't get a BlackBerry because you'll find yourself never relaxing. Every time my hip vibrates, I'm a slave to seeing what the issue is. You get to the point where you just can't ignore it and check it later, it becomes a habit that you can't break. If you don't need it, you'r loved ones will like you much better without it

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Addict
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,364
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    I'm going to give you a whole nother option which is save some money and drop your BB service. I will admit that I do have a pretty negative attitude about them after having to support them some at work because they basically can be "Crackberries" and turn people into complete a-holes when they don't work right or the service is down for a bit, etc.

I'm sorry but when I am away from the office or home I want nothing to do with what is going on at work or even personal email or the web. All the technology advances we have are pretty neat and make for some conveinences but sadly I think it also has led to making society more lazy and keeping them away from enjoying some of the finer things in life.

I'm sure some of you will rip me for this post, that's fine but that's just my own opinion on these devices and I would personally never purchase one of these devices for personal use. If I ever had to carry one for work I'd probably be less than thrilled about it too because when that clock hits 5pm, until 8am the next more that is MY time not work's. That might be a crappy attitude to have as well but unless I am being paid to do work or working overtime I don't want anything to do with it outside of business hours because there is more to life than being tied to work all the time which is basically what these devices can do to people.
    Not ripping you, but some people travel DURING the work day especially in the construction business like this person mentioned.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

I may need to edit that after re-reading the original post my 1st reply may not apply to his situation. I will say though that there are a lot of people that don't need these things and use them more for luxury that should consider getting rid of them and saving a few bucks instead of annoying your friends and family by being addicted to this mobile device. Even for work related stuff I think some people get carried away with them too. Sometimes you just need to put the thing down and put your attention towards other things. The worst are the support calls that come in from people that say they are on "vacation" and they are having problems. I'm sorry but if I was on vacation someone is covering for me and I could care less what is going on. Turn the stupid thing off and spend some time with the wife and kids or what was the point of taking a vacation in the first place?

Go Cubs Go!

Recruit
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cys_av8r View Post
    I have the same. The Pearl is a pain in the backside and I have yet to meet anyone who got one and kept it for very long.
    I absolutely could not disagree with you more. I have had my pearl for more than a year now, and I absolutely love it. It's an amazing phone. If you text a lot, and don't want to carry around something bulky with a full keyboard then the pearl is for you. It's QWERTY half keyboard makes texting a breeze.

I fully recommend the Blackberry Pearl. Best phone I have EVER used.