Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
  1. #1
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Update on Harrison Barnes

    Harrison has not shown any favorites at this point in time regarding where he will be choosing; but continues to receive offers from big schools around the country. However, as some have posted in other threads, Harrison not really OVERWHELMED with the attention and offers he is getting.

    Throughout the Harrison Barnes receives offers from Kansas and Texas thread, several have hinted at Harrison becoming overwhelmed and annoyed; Harrison has said it's gotten to be a little more than he expected, however he is thoroughly enjoying the recruiting process and wants to be taking it one step at a time. Which we have all seen.

    On a lighter note, there has been speculation within the basketball program that the womens team's recruitment of Ames senior Trisha Nesbitt, currently dating Harrison, could likely increase... Heavily. Trisha's major offers have been from Creighton and Illinois State, if Iowa State offered and she accepted, would that give us an edge over all the other top schools offering Harrison?

    The offers will keep coming. Harrison will continue to visit. Harrison has said that he would like to make his decision prior to his senior season, so that could be anytime within the next year. The time will come.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 129,965, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,342
    Points
    129,965
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Quote Originally Posted by mpc4isu7 View Post
    Harrison has not shown any favorites at this point in time regarding where he will be choosing; but continues to receive offers from big schools around the country. However, as some have posted in other threads, Harrison not really OVERWHELMED with the attention and offers he is getting.

    Throughout the Harrison Barnes receives offers from Kansas and Texas thread, several have hinted at Harrison becoming overwhelmed and annoyed; Harrison has said it's gotten to be a little more than he expected, however he is thoroughly enjoying the recruiting process and wants to be taking it one step at a time. Which we have all seen.

    On a lighter note, there has been speculation within the basketball program that the womens team's recruitment of Ames senior Trisha Nesbitt, currently dating Harrison, could likely increase... Heavily. Trisha's major offers have been from Creighton and Illinois State, if Iowa State offered and she accepted, would that give us an edge over all the other top schools offering Harrison?

    The offers will keep coming. Harrison will continue to visit. Harrison has said that he would like to make his decision prior to his senior season, so that could be anytime within the next year. The time will come.
    Thanks....maybe we should pay the girlfriend under the table....



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 19,682, Level: 42
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pants-free Avenue
    Posts
    806
    Points
    19,682
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Frankly, if I was a top basketball recruit and getting offers to go to schools all over, I wouldn't really care that much about my high school girlfriend. I would just assume that I would be able to pull in all the tail I wanted being a star b-ball player. Just one guys thoughts.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 97,811, Level: 97
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,239
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,785
    Points
    97,811
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 19

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    I really hope we are not getting our hopes up based on a high school relationship. How many broken hearts did you all have in high school? Those things are volatile, man. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 22,350, Level: 45
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,051
    Points
    22,350
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    I really hope we are not getting our hopes up based on a high school relationship. How many broken hearts did you all have in high school? Those things are volatile, man. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

    My high school sweetheart and crushes all went to EIU, so I chose Iowa State.



  6. #6
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    It may seem a little childish, but all I was mentioning was that there has been serious talk within the basketball departments about such an attempt.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,971, Level: 95
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,079
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    93,971
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Quote Originally Posted by mpc4isu7 View Post
    Harrison has not shown any favorites at this point in time regarding where he will be choosing; but continues to receive offers from big schools around the country. However, as some have posted in other threads, Harrison not really OVERWHELMED with the attention and offers he is getting.

    Throughout the Harrison Barnes receives offers from Kansas and Texas thread, several have hinted at Harrison becoming overwhelmed and annoyed; Harrison has said it's gotten to be a little more than he expected, however he is thoroughly enjoying the recruiting process and wants to be taking it one step at a time. Which we have all seen.

    On a lighter note, there has been speculation within the basketball program that the womens team's recruitment of Ames senior Trisha Nesbitt, currently dating Harrison, could likely increase... Heavily. Trisha's major offers have been from Creighton and Illinois State, if Iowa State offered and she accepted, would that give us an edge over all the other top schools offering Harrison?

    The offers will keep coming. Harrison will continue to visit. Harrison has said that he would like to make his decision prior to his senior season, so that could be anytime within the next year. The time will come.
    I find this very interest to be hearing two different things...not saying you are wrong. You did strike my curiousity though.



  8. #8
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 582,408, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,042
    Points
    582,408
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 20

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    If I were BF, I would be kind of offended. Unless it was his idea.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 251,243, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,029
    Points
    251,243
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 101

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    If Bill is recruiting his GF for ANY reason other than to improve the women's program then shame on him.

    Besides, what if she commits and they break up prior to signing day?

    PS - This thread will get long.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 82,040, Level: 89
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,710
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tigershoops31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,384
    Points
    82,040
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 18

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Quote Originally Posted by mpc4isu7 View Post
    It may seem a little childish, but all I was mentioning was that there has been serious talk within the basketball departments about such an attempt.
    The girl has some game too...my team played them last year and she is small but can do whatever she wants on the court (against hs competition of course)...great range, quick, handles it well with both hands, and great court vision.



    Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

    http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 333,325, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,631
    Points
    333,325
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 41

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    If Bill is recruiting his GF for ANY reason other than to improve the women's program then shame on him.
    Right.

    And what we know of BF, if ISU is recruiting this gal, it's for good reason.

    If our program is hang the hopes on getting a kid's commitment on where is girlfriend ends up, we ma as well can the entire staff now and start over. Because we made a bad hire.

    And I'd say there's about zero chance the staff is doing that.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 80,199, Level: 88
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,751
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,270
    Points
    80,199
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 4

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    While I am wanting success for our men's basketball, the women's team should not be compromised for it. ISU will see success in women's basketball far before the men. If she is a legitimate fit for Fennelly's team, great, go for her.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 170,347, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,966
    Points
    170,347
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 15

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Is she hot?



  14. #14
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    In attempt to end the disapproval of Fennelly doing such a thing if it was just to benefit the men's program:

    Fennelly is an outstanding coach who wouldn't do such a thing if it wasn't going to benefit his team as well. Nesbitt is an extremely talented point guard, maybe a little undersized, but at the same time has offers from numerous D1 schools, including Creighton. In conclusion, from what I've been told, Fennelly would never do such a thing unless it was guaranteed it would land Harrison, as it would benefit the women's team as well.


    Last edited by mpc4isu7; 06-18-2008 at 01:50 PM.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 82,040, Level: 89
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,710
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tigershoops31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,384
    Points
    82,040
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 18

    Re: Update on Harrison Barnes

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Is she hot?
    If you were a hs senior you could legally say "yes ", and her dad is a pastor in town...nice kid.



    Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

    http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM