Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 103

anyone back from Cap City league?

I wanted to go but the wife had meetings for grad school and I really wanted to see Eldrick. I figured we'll make a couple this year, but dont wanna drive darn near to Adel all by myself. We'll make quite a few games this summer, just not tonight.

#BEATIOWA

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Re: anyone back from Cap City league?

I was going to go after my league softball game but had to eat with the family and wasn't able to make it there. I might head there next weekend if they have games and video tape some if I could

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

ya I went down, that's a lot of basketball in a short time, lots of talent

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by ANKENY4CLONES View Post
    ya I went down, that's a lot of basketball in a short time, lots of talent
    Who impressed?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I was very impressed with Diante, really drove to the basket a lot. No one could really guard him. Showed some cockiness that I really like. Finished well when he got into the paint.

Buckley has a very nice build. Looks more like a Lucca build. Definitely has a big twelve body. Buckley also had a very nice stroke from deep. This kind of surprised me as all I had heard was that he was a "true point guard", I took that as meaning he could really run an offense and could really handle the ball and pass but maybe not the greatest shooter(this still might be the case) but from what I say he made at least 50% of his threes and had a very nice stroke.

Unfortunately I didn't stay very long during the last game. Mann scored 10 of his teams first 17 points. He was very aggressive in posting up and scoring in the paint. However he didn't play against anyone overly tall on the other team so it's hard to tell if he'd be able to do that against a taller opponent but I definitely liked what I saw.

Eik looked very polished from what I saw and really smooth in getting to the basket, probably not the quickest guy on the court but was able to penetrate and score nicely. He didn't seem to have his best shooting game from the small amount that I saw, I think he was like 1-4 from three but didn't let them deter him and like I said when his three wasn't falling he took it to the basket, showed nice spin moves and he just seems to "glide" is the best way I could put it, it looked very effortless.

Peterson and Haluska both shot very well. I think Haluska was 3-3 when I left and Peterson was 2-3 or 3-4.

Brackins got hot from deep late in his game. He made probably 4 or 5 threes late on that many straight possessions.

Again these were just a few of the things that I saw and are only one person's opinions so take that for what it's worth. I'm also one of the people that watched Cory Johnson and was really impressed with what he did last summer and that didn't translate;)

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 69

How tall is Buckley? Is he as tall as Diante? Did we have anyone look good on the block on a consistent basis? I am afraid this is going to be a weak spot for us come winter....

Go Cyclones!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jberryma View Post
    I was very impressed with Diante, really drove to the basket a lot. No one could really guard him. Showed some cockiness that I really like. Finished well when he got into the paint.

Buckley has a very nice build. Looks more like a Lucca build. Definitely has a big twelve body. Buckley also had a very nice stroke from deep. This kind of surprised me as all I had heard was that he was a "true point guard", I took that as meaning he could really run an offense and could really handle the ball and pass but maybe not the greatest shooter(this still might be the case) but from what I say he made at least 50% of his threes and had a very nice stroke.

Unfortunately I didn't stay very long during the last game. Mann scored 10 of his teams first 17 points. He was very aggressive in posting up and scoring in the paint. However he didn't play against anyone overly tall on the other team so it's hard to tell if he'd be able to do that against a taller opponent but I definitely liked what I saw.

Eik looked very polished from what I saw and really smooth in getting to the basket, probably not the quickest guy on the court but was able to penetrate and score nicely. He didn't seem to have his best shooting game from the small amount that I saw, I think he was like 1-4 from three but didn't let them deter him and like I said when his three wasn't falling he took it to the basket, showed nice spin moves and he just seems to "glide" is the best way I could put it, it looked very effortless.

Peterson and Haluska both shot very well. I think Haluska was 3-3 when I left and Peterson was 2-3 or 3-4.

Brackins got hot from deep late in his game. He made probably 4 or 5 threes late on that many straight possessions.

Again these were just a few of the things that I saw and are only one person's opinions so take that for what it's worth. I'm also one of the people that watched Cory Johnson and was really impressed with what he did last summer and that didn't translate;)

I agree - it is nice to watch the games, but what the players do on the court does not translate into Big 12 play.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 74

It will be interesting to see Buckley and Diante go against Young. Young will prob be the only guard to push ISU's. Its too bad there are really not any good bigs to go against ISU's bigs. Glad to see the shooters do well.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81

Parker from Drake is a very solid player and will definitely push our guys.

Edit: My fault, I didn't know Cox wasn't playing.

Last edited by BryceC; 06-16-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bleedcardinalandgold View Post
    I agree - it is nice to watch the games, but what the players do on the court does not translate into Big 12 play.
    exactly that's the reason I hate to comment too much on these games. I definitely enjoy watching them but it's really hard to tell what they'll do when things get more structured. Especially when it comes to some of the big guys because this isn't really a slow it down run an offense and show off your post moves kind of game. they're pretty uptempo.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Parker from Drake is a very solid player and will definitely push our guys.

Edit: My fault, I didn't know Cox wasn't playing.
    Thanks. Cox is a nice player but he is no Big 12 post. McD had better bigs at UNI also, IMO. Lets hope our posts play even to better than him. If not it maybe a long season.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    How tall is Buckley? Is he as tall as Diante? Did we have anyone look good on the block on a consistent basis? I am afraid this is going to be a weak spot for us come winter....

D Buck is 6'2" and about 193lbs and can run the team well and shoot it from deep. (4 or 5 triples) he and Bracikns look really good together.

Recruit
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 8

someone on another site said hamilton looked bigger and better than expected. true?

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Like others have said, summer league play doesn't really translate to B12, but I saw one thing I like alot last night. Clinton Mann's attitude and intensity. He is just mean, aggressive, and cocky out there. He rebounds and attacks the hoop hard. This is something I've been dying to see from a cyclone since Jared Homan. Like others have said, how he will handle bigger players is a big question. Can't wait to see him matched up against some of our other bigs this summer.

And on another note, Justin Hamilton has put on some good weight since I last saw him at the scrimmage before the Iowa football game. I thought he was a twig then, but now he looks thicker than AT.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by pthebutcher View Post
    Like others have said, summer league play doesn't really translate to B12, but I saw one thing I like alot last night. Clinton Mann's attitude and intensity. He is just mean, aggressive, and cocky out there. He rebounds and attacks the hoop hard. This is something I've been dying to see from a cyclone since Jared Homan. Like others have said, how he will handle bigger players is a big question. Can't wait to see him matched up against some of our other bigs this summer.

And on another note, Justin Hamilton has put on some good weight since I last saw him at the scrimmage before the Iowa football game. I thought he was a twig then, but now he looks thicker than AT.
    Sounds like Mann could be better than advertised. I agree it sounds like he brings things a big needs to have and has been lacking for quite sometime.

Glad to hear Hamilton has put weight on. Does he have Big 12 body?

Sounds like the incoming players are doing what the staff has asked them to do.