Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: US Open

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 19,880, Level: 43
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 870
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    hobbsfan27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Muscatine
    Posts
    1,568
    Points
    19,880
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    US Open

    Tiger is doing ok after the start he had. I'm waiting for Zach Johnson to tee off.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 90,486, Level: 93
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,127
    Points
    90,486
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: US Open

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbsfan27 View Post
    Tiger is doing ok after the start he had. I'm waiting for Zach Johnson to tee off.


    I hope Tiger misses the cut.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 158,274, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,886
    Points
    158,274
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 2

    Re: US Open

    Quote Originally Posted by dosry5 View Post
    I hope Tiger misses the cut.

    he is the only reason I would tune in on Sunday...


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 37,689, Level: 59
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    4,093
    Points
    37,689
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: US Open

    Watching Tiger's group right now, he is doing much better then the rest of the group right now.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,971, Level: 95
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,079
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    93,971
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: US Open

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    he is the only reason I would tune in on Sunday...
    I agree, if Tiger is not in the hunt...I don't watch.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 90,486, Level: 93
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,127
    Points
    90,486
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: US Open

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    I agree, if Tiger is not in the hunt...I don't watch.
    If Tiger is in the hunt, I just go out golfing, because it will be a boring telecast--all Tiger, all rear end kissing. It's boring to just get such saturated coverage of one player. He's the best, no doubt. But that doesn't mean he is all we want to see. The casual fan, yeah, they only want Tiger. But it's different for many others.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 12,445, Level: 33
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cycloneryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,071
    Points
    12,445
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: US Open

    Wow, I never thought Phil would crush under the pressure of playing at his home course in his hometown. He usually has nerves of steel. Phil is my favorite golfer but he doesn't make it easy.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 23,974, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    chrishull14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cyclone City
    Posts
    1,006
    Points
    23,974
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: US Open

    Thank you channel 13 for breaking in to let me know the farmers market will be moved.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 158,274, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,886
    Points
    158,274
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 2

    Re: US Open

    Quote Originally Posted by dosry5 View Post
    If Tiger is in the hunt, I just go out golfing, because it will be a boring telecast--all Tiger, all rear end kissing. It's boring to just get such saturated coverage of one player. He's the best, no doubt. But that doesn't mean he is all we want to see. The casual fan, yeah, they only want Tiger. But it's different for many others.

    I can see your point...those really into golf would get sick of it.

    I am not a fan of golf at all. I will tune in however if Tiger has a chance to win and that is the only reason.

    To see history if it is about to be made.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 37,689, Level: 59
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    4,093
    Points
    37,689
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: US Open

    Is anybody else playing the US Open Live Challange on the US Open website? It is pretty fun but hard to keep up with it.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 23,974, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    chrishull14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cyclone City
    Posts
    1,006
    Points
    23,974
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: US Open

    Tiger is a freak!!!



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 265,738, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,355
    Points
    265,738
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 9

    Re: US Open

    Quote Originally Posted by dosry5 View Post
    If Tiger is in the hunt, I just go out golfing, because it will be a boring telecast--all Tiger, all rear end kissing. It's boring to just get such saturated coverage of one player. He's the best, no doubt. But that doesn't mean he is all we want to see. The casual fan, yeah, they only want Tiger. But it's different for many others.

    I disagree entirely. Those who understand golf appreciate all that Tiger brings to the course. You can't cover him enough. The back 9 today shows exactly why. Individual excellence in sport is the most impressive thing IMO. Tiger does it again and again. It is not a fluke. You better not tune in tomorrow because they will be covering this like never before with the shots he made today and the knee issues he is having.

    Enjoy Tiger while we have him because he is a once in a lifetime talent.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,442, Level: 81
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,889
    Points
    69,442
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 20

    Re: US Open

    Quote Originally Posted by dosry5 View Post
    If Tiger is in the hunt, I just go out golfing, because it will be a boring telecast--all Tiger, all rear end kissing. It's boring to just get such saturated coverage of one player.
    I guess you'll be playing tomorrow....Tiger just chipped in from the fringe, one hopped it in for a Birddie on 17. On 18 he only bent a 30-foot putt about 4 feet outside the hole, and dunked it for an eagle. He's got a one shot lead going in the final round. WOW, watching it live - just WOW; it wasn't boring.


    "We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

    -ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 27,457, Level: 50
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,327
    Points
    27,457
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

    Re: US Open

    Tiger could win on one leg.....oh wait



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 23,974, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    chrishull14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cyclone City
    Posts
    1,006
    Points
    23,974
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: US Open

    5 behind with 6 holes to go. Now he is in the lead going into Sunday and the US Open



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM