Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Although to most of you this will seem like nothing more than a lame attempt to thwart the criticism that 99% of you have directed at us I'm actually here to solicit your input to our show. Like us and you've made it loud and clear that most of you don't, we are going to begin at 4:00 on 6-12 and continue for the foreseeable future and I hope that you'll put down your weapons long enough to help us.
    There is no doubt that Jeremy is miles ahead of Clark when it comes to breaking news and I have asked him to be our Cyclone insider on a weekly or if his schedule permits a twice weekly basis. I hope he'll agree to do it.I have contacted a former Cyclone football player with a similar request and if he agrees our show will be better for it.I'll never understand where the we hate the Cyclones comes from but it is what it is. Do I think the football team left victories on the field or do I feel that Morgan was the most overmatched coach since I've lived here, yep and I'm paid to say it. Most of you don't know this but along with my wife (and monkey she's anything but hideous) I'm currently paying for an Iowa State education and everything that goes with it.Summing up, tell us what you'd like to hear and although we'll never start the show by playing the fight song at least we'll take a look at the possibility.

Regards,
    Ken Miller
    martyandmiller@kxno.com

All-Star
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Ken you have to change what your show is about. Stop being a negative hyperbole machine that is nothing but loud. Have quality discussions. Be informed for a change. When you guys spout off about things and are usually uniformed on the facts you give you lose credibility.

Unless your show does a 180 from what it has been, I hope Jeremy and the rest of Clones stay away from your show and help bring it to the end it deserves more quickly.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    No offense to Jeremy but when it comes to breaking news with real scoops backed up hard facts Paul Clark is #1. I hope Jeremy realizes what kind of disservice he'll be doing to himself and ISU if he joins up with that sorry bunch at KXNO. It's a new day for Cyclone fans. KXNO is old news.

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Miller,

If you want to understand the hostility we feel toward you and Marty, consider the following statements made by Tirrell in the past:

<span style="color:#0000ff"><span style="font-family:Times">"90% of sports fans in this state are Hawkeyes, so I don&#39;t need to bother with talking Cyclones"</span>

<span style="font-family:Times"><span style="color:blue">"ISU basketball is the UNLV of the Midwest"</span></span>

<span style="font-family:Times"><span style="color:blue">"Tim Floyd and Larry Eustachy ran a rogue program"</span></span>

<span style="font-family:Times"><span style="color:blue">"I was at the ISU BB game last night and I can not believe the number of pickup trucks that I saw. That is a second rate fan base up there. They are a reactive crowd and do nothing to lift their team"</span></span>

<span style="font-family:Times"><span style="font-family:Times"><span style="color:blue">Imagine a radio host in Omaha saying similar things about Nebraska or a radio host in Davenport making statements like these regarding Iowa. You know that it would never happen. Yet, we are supposed to just sit back and take this garbage lying down. </span></span></span>

<span style="font-family:Times"><span style="color:blue">He does this to rile up ISU fans and fight with them. Then he thinks this ingratiates him with the Hawkeye crowd so that his numbers will grow. Hopefully no ISU fans will be listening so that this little charade will come to an end. </span></span>

<span style="font-family:Times"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">I have not listened to a single minute of your show since you returned this spring. Tirrell has burnt all of the bridges to the ISU fan base in my opinion. I will not be listening.</span> </span></span></span>

URBCLONE

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    How is Jeremy &#39;miles ahead&#39; of Clark. Sounds like you are just badmouthing the guy just to badmouth him.

Why not just say you have asked Jeremy to be your source and leave it at that? Nope, gotta cut Paul off every chance you get huh?

Pathetic.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Miller, the day I listent to KXNO again is the day they pull the plug on you two. No real ISU fan will want to listen to two guys with an utter dislike of the Cyclones. Here&#39;s to an early demise for your show.

'tiny little text etched into her neck it said "jesus lived and died for all your sins." she's got blue black ink and it's scratched into her lower back. it said: "damn right i'll rise again." yeah, damn right you'll rise again.'

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    nm

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I do like the fact that we can sit on here and argue all things Cyclone but when openly hostile outsiders attack us we stand together. KXNO as a "flagship" anything was a joke to begin with and now it&#39;s slipped way beyond that. If the rumors are true and we get a different flagship then we have put a guy with at least a little Cyclone support on WHO(Deace), got a better flagship and relegated Jon MIller & these other guys to little old KXNO which can be heard all the way to Johnston.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 596
    Given: 368
    Ken,

It&#39;s obvious you and your partner need to read "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Maybe read it twice.

You start off by stating "I come in peace" yet rip on a fellow Cyclone - Mr. Clark. So this site is a "competing" site to Cyclone Report - big deal. Clark is still a Cyclone - we "bottom feeders" don&#39;t take kindly to people such as yourself ripping on our fellow fans. Not to mention, that type of action clearly is not "coming in peace".

Reading the quotes recently posted made by Marty, it&#39;s no wonder Cyclone fans don&#39;t want to listen to you a second longer than necessary. Some made consider it a form of cruel and unusual punishment.

It appears you have your work cut out for you - and then some. Try beginning in a friendly way next time. Until then, you&#39;ll be fighting a very steep uphill battle.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Ken-

Thanks for posting, I appreciate you coming on this board and reaching out to us. I will give your show a chance if Jeremy and the others agree to come on regularly, but I am concerned that you would burn a bridge will Paul Clark on a public message board (maybe it was burned already). This is in no way to discredit Jeremy because he absolutly deserves radio time, but Paul offers great information on the clones and especially recruiting too.

Although I know nothing about your proffession, I do know you should never burn a bridge with a source or competitor. You might need them someday.

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CyLyte &#064; May 31 2006, 12&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I do like the fact that we can sit on here and argue all things Cyclone but when openly hostile outsiders attack us we stand together. KXNO as a "flagship" anything was a joke to begin with and now it&#39;s slipped way beyond that. If the rumors are true and we get a different flagship then we have put a guy with at least a little Cyclone support on WHO(Deace), got a better flagship and relegated Jon MIller & these other guys to little old KXNO which can be heard all the way to Johnston. [/b][/quote]

Cylyte,

You and I agree on almost nothing else, but we are in lockstep on this one. It is one thing to argue among family, it is quite another to have an enemy attacking us. Tirrell and Jon Miller are clearly anti-ISU and make no bones about. Our choice as consumers is to change the station on our radio and that is exactly what I plan to do.

URBCLONE

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I have to listen online because I am not in central Iowa but as of today, 1460 is out fo my favorites and I will not be listening. Des Moines can have another Hawk blabber station that panders to the tavern Hawks. We can move on to something else.

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 416
    Given: 370
    I think there are two sides to every coin.

First of all, I think the majority of the displeasure and uncertainty isn&#39;t directed towards Ken but rather Marty. I have to be honest, I didn&#39;t ever hear the old show so I can&#39;t be certain of my assessment but it seems pretty clear from the recent discussions that there are some hard feelings towards certain things that Marty may have stated on the air towards the Cyclone community, many are referenced above.

With that said, I think it does show some willingness to improve the show when Ken comes on here to ask for help, knowing he is only going to be bashed. I respect that and feel that he is taking the right steps to reach out to Cyclone fans and learn what they want to hear on their radio station. Numbers will be the final voice and if Ken is willing to take a beating on the forums to learn what his customers want, I think ultimately that shows that he either has respect for the Cyclone community or he has a love for harsh criticism.

I personally think everybody deserves a fair shot and I for one will listen to the show when it starts and judge the content on what it is now rather than what it was years ago. The ISU landscape has changed dramatically over the years and I think there is room for a lot of great discussions and interviews on the radio. There may have been reasons behind the scenes for the lack of love for the Clones on the old stations, I don&#39;t know. I know that people really hated Deace when he first started but are now scared that he is moving away from the sports talk. People and shows change just like everything else.

Second of all, regarding Paul vs Me. There is no comparison. Paul runs the best site for recruiting news, interviews, and stats. I don&#39;t even pretend to try and compete with that. In fact I have an agreement with Paul that I will not get into the in-depth recruiting and interviews because I know he makes a living off of it. Paul has a full-time staff that works on those things and I work 50hrs a week at a career job that leaves me little room to do interviews, etc. CR is the best place to get stats and interviews on players, CF is the best place for breaking news.

I think everybody on here would agree that there isn&#39;t a story over the past three months that wasn&#39;t at least mentioned here before it was major news elsewhere. I have broken many stories from Morgan being canned, clear up until I broke the news about Deace and M&M over the past week and a half. I don&#39;t try to toot my own horn by always stating we are first with a story, that&#39;s not how I work.

If I wanted to always be the first to report stuff I would have reported more this morning about the imminent changes to the entire Cyclone radio world. There are big things ahead but I respect my sources and have agreed not to divulge the details at this time. I am not an official outlet like Paul is, I have no restrictions by ISU so I can report things that may or may not end up happening. That&#39;s what the site is for.

Now, please note that this commentary is just my opinion regarding the new Marty & Miller show and my personal choice to give them a chance. It is not an endorsement or show of defense for them. I really have no love or hate for them right now. That will ultimately be determined by the content and running of their broadcasts. I do think they deserve a shot to show what their going to do before we all start bashing them when they reach out to us for guidance.

My two and a half cents,
    Jeremy

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    So Jeremy, you aren&#39;t going to be feeding Marty and Miller with inside information then like he asked you to? If true, good for you.

Good post as well.

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 416
    Given: 370
    And one more word on this:

Paul Clark is one of the greatest Cyclones to never suit up. I don&#39;t think Ken was attacking Paul directly, rather just saying he was looking for somebody to provide raw behind-the-scenes news. There is no doubt about Paul&#39;s loyalty and love for the Cyclone community. He is a colleague and friend of mine that I respect more than anybody else. The first thing I did when I started this site was reach out to Paul for guideance. I think everybody should pay the fee to CR if they want interviews and recruiting news and can afford it. I provide a community and not a service backed by countless reporters and researchers.

In my opinion, Ken was simply saying he had interest on having somebody on the air that could talk about things behind the scenes at ISU without restraints, not about potential recruits, etc. That is not a negative comment towards anybody but rather a show of faith towards the news on this site.

I may be wrong, but that is what I felt he was implying. Maybe I read it differently than everybody else though so don&#39;t hate me either way;)

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.